• I am officially in love with the State

Votes: 128 25.4%
  • ICA's DT is TOAST

Votes: 114 22.7%
  • They did ok

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • LDB kicked that football into the other hemisphere

Votes: 187 37.2%
  • They stated the FACTS and nothing but the FACTS!

Votes: 85 16.9%
  • AH-MAZ-ZZING!

Votes: 111 22.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 130 25.8%
  • They did the best they could do with what they definitively had.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • They re-affirmed the Defense's reasonable doubt

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
Jeff and Linda really stripped it down to bare bones. They returned common sense to the court room. They called a spade a spade and a liar and liar.
It was perfect.

Really, really amazing! I bet the DT is sooo p.o.'d that they got to have the a new day and a fresh jury. She nailed it! I also appreciate when she addressed some thoughts I had like "common sense" and "seeing the forest through the trees." Plus, thank you someone needed to rebutt the magical thought that ICA was an amazing mother just because a few friends, who obviously didn't know her, said so.

In reading your post, I thought about the defense stall tactics and how they mirrored Casey's "Give me one more day."

Does anyone have a handy link to the footage? ... I looked but couldn't find it earlier. I would like to hear it.

Hope the Prosecution team is getting a well-deserved rest tonight and had a Happy 4th of July!!!:fireworks::fireworks2::happy4th::fireworks::fireworks:

LDB did so well, I started to get the feeling she spent the prior evening reading here at Websleuths.

No , and I sure wish that point HAD been brought up a LOT more clearly .

Woulda LOVED to have heard LDB say this! " Caylee's "mother",ICA NEVER called the police to report her missing child! NOT after missing for 20 days, Not after missing for a MONTH! Not after missing for 31 days! NOT EVER did ICA call the police to report her misising daughter Caylee!!"

"THAT'S the kind of "Good mother" ICA is! ONLY after 31 days of partying, sleeping at boyfreinds, wet t shirt contests and tattoos about her "Beautiful Life"and being able to lie no more to her Family about little Caylee's whereabouts did this "Good mother" FINALLY utter her FIRST TRUE words as her mother CA called 911 to report her Grandaughter Caylee missing, "I haven't seen her for 31 days". That's the kind of caring, concerned, "good" mother ICA Was!"

She never had any intention of EVER notifying the poilice! EVER! I really wish THAT point had been driven home to the jury.

I believe that the jury is very well aware that it was Cindy who made the 911 calls... they've heard them. I think this jury is intelligent enough not to need every detail spoon-fed to them. Besides that, I would never in a million years second guess the State and what they chose to say or not say in their closing arguments.

I think JA & LDB were brilliant! Perfect, even. It doesn't get any better than this.

I thought both JA and LDB did really great.

I would also add watch the angry Casey videoclip which is the Casey cam view during part of LDB's rebuttal arguments.

http://www.wftv.com/video/28442059/index.html

Take a look at the Websleuths thread

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143091"]Lipreaders??? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

and post

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6849360&postcount=166"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Lipreaders???[/ame]

to see what Casey was saying when she was angry. Awesome websleuthers figured out pretty much what she said during the above Caseycam video clip.

LDB really got under Casey's skin today.

I also noticed how LDB got in a dig at the defense team with the "irony is indeed rich" comment.

From about 14:55 onward, and just before 16:00 she says that "it's done" that's not very good. Is the jury busy debating the death penalty?

Casey raising, shrugging shoulders ... those tapes ... she really doesn't get it at first that she's screwed.

I thought JA and LDB were both mesmerizing. I thought they both did great, but I will say, I really wish they would have had a photo of Caylee somewhere or shown a picture of her. Maybe put up a picture of her when LDB was talking about whose life would be better...just before putting up the pictures of ICA partying and the tattoo.

At first I wanted them to do that too. But now I am glad that they didn't because the DT were accusing them of playing to the jurors emotions. And in reality, they didn't need to. They had the opening video of ICA play wrestling, which has always seemed creepy to me. But instead of showing adorable pictures of Angel Caylee, they chose to show the forensics photos instead. I think that had a stronger impact. The entire jury knows she is a gorgeous sweet baby already.

For a minute, I was thinking that maybe Baez had the right idea with his magnets, to remind the jury who each of the witnesses were and to make it easier to follow. Then LDB came up and said "I'm not going to drag out posters or pyrotechnics...it's not my style" and I felt SO SILLY for even entertaining the thought that JB's jr. high performance was necessary. lol.
She was so amazing in all her little inferences and digs at the Defense that were oh so subtle but oh so effective, rather than JB's outright, hateful accusations at the State. "The irony is rich, indeed". She is just Amazing. I watched it a second time last night and still got goosebumps. "Big Trouble comes in small packages....Indeed" (Shot of Casey in her chair to the ground trying to appear small).
"Of course she ran to her mother.....EVERY BABY LOVES THEIR MOTHER!"
Or at the end when she asked "Who's life was better without Caylee" cut to shot of party pics and tattoo pic "There's your answer"
Just brilliant.

And now the only thing that I remember from JB's closing is "lying, no good *advertiser censored*".

For a minute, I was thinking that maybe Baez had the right idea with his magnets, to remind the jury who each of the witnesses were and to make it easier to follow. Then LDB came up and said "I'm not going to drag out posters or pyrotechnics...it's not my style" and I felt SO SILLY for even entertaining the thought that JB's jr. high performance was necessary. lol.
She was so amazing in all her little inferences and digs at the Defense that were oh so subtle but oh so effective, rather than JB's outright, hateful accusations at the State. "The irony is rich, indeed". She is just Amazing. I watched it a second time last night and still got goosebumps. "Big Trouble comes in small packages....Indeed" (Shot of Casey in her chair to the ground trying to appear small).
"Of course she ran to her mother.....EVERY BABY LOVES THEIR MOTHER!"
Or at the end when she asked "Who's life was better without Caylee" cut to shot of party pics and tattoo pic "There's your answer"
Just brilliant.

And now the only thing that I remember from JB's closing is "lying, no good *advertiser censored*".

They were talking in circles long before they started calling their client a *advertiser censored*. It looks like an attempt to argue a mistrial and incompetent council, but they failed.

Indifference to human life should be enough to convict, but I would like to see Casey spend the remainder of her life in la la land prison with her pretend friends, ostracized from everyone that resists manipulation, isolated from all. She will be completely mad in no time, and I would prefer that she go completely mad than be put to death. I think she should experience the madness, and how it is perceived by society, until she cannot manipulate anyone ever again.

i thought ldb did a good job with the closing rebuttal - but i thought her opening statement was stronger and i thought ja's closing was stronger. btw, did anyone notice that casey seemed indifferent to the glowing picture ldb painted of george? especially considering how she pinched her face, shook her head, and turned on the waterworks when the prosecution spoke highly of george at the beginning of the trial? i guess since the abuse excuse wasn't allowed at closing, she had no reason to act as if it were true...

Again, both JA and LDB were brilliant.

I actually thought that Linda's closing was stronger than her opening. She really brought it all together asking the jurors to look at the evidence with the "common sense" perspective. Linda had*something* in her when she presented the closing--prosecutor/mother/citizen vibe?...What I took from her closing is this: KC didn't report Caylee missing, took 31 days, showed complete indifference, said zanny kidnapped her, changed the story to an accident once the remains were found, accusing anyone and everyone of lies, coverups, abuse, duct-tape over the child's nose and mouth. That's it. That's murder 1. We don't need even the chloroform.

come on dear be fair, you KNOW you havent forgotten "that LAUGHING MAN" :floorlaugh:

To Jeff, Linda and Frank..
I don't know if you read here or not, but I wanted to thank all of you from the bottom of my soul. For three years, you have been dedicated to seeking justice for our precious Caylee Marie. You've all spent countless hours in and out of court to bring us to this point in the judicial system. I'm sure there's been sleepless nights, family activities forgone so you could concentrate on the task at hand. For this, I thank you. We don't have a verdict yet, but I put my faith now in the jury. How can they come to any other conclusion with the work you've done?

Again, thank you!

LDB did so well, I started to get the feeling she spent the prior evening reading here at Websleuths.

Bill Sheaffer (sp?) said that she likely wrote it up to two years ago (but likely tweaked it). Whatever the case, I like to hope that she used us as a resource!!

I loved, loved, loved it, when LDB said (paraphased): "ladies and gentlemen, those weren't imaginary people, those were LIES!!" Also loved it when she said that there are only TWO WORDS that describe KC: "pathelogical liar."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ebilling
Back