• I am officially in love with the State

Votes: 128 25.4%
  • ICA's DT is TOAST

Votes: 114 22.7%
  • They did ok

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • LDB kicked that football into the other hemisphere

Votes: 187 37.2%
  • They stated the FACTS and nothing but the FACTS!

Votes: 85 16.9%
  • AH-MAZ-ZZING!

Votes: 111 22.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 130 25.8%
  • They did the best they could do with what they definitively had.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • They re-affirmed the Defense's reasonable doubt

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
I was just thinking, after JB finished his closing, ICA gave him a big hug, which, taken at face value only, was a "thank you" for getting up there and giving it his all. Say what you will about JB, he gave that speech everything he had.

But there was no one to hug the State today... no one to say thank you for pouring out your heart and soul and speaking for little Caylee. :grouphug::grouphug::grouphug:

I say thank you, and if I was there I would hug you. :hug: Spectacular.

And although I have recently felt I did not have an emotional involvement in this case, I cried THREE times during LDB's passionate explanation. Compelling, encompassing, honest, without gamesmanship, and short!

PS: I was glad LDB played that "gimme Tony's number" call... I have explained this case to so many people over the last three years and I always play that call... how can you listen to that and imagine she had nothing to do with it? No mother of a missing child talks like that. None. And no mother of a child that they loved who died in an accident talks like that either, no matter what their father might or might not have done.

the photo of Casey and tatoo at the end was epic. Really worth a million words

Something really special happened in that courtroom today. I kept telling my family and friends to just wait for LDB, she would really be something. But knowing as much about her as I already knew, it seemed like I saw her today for the very first time. She was elevated to another place today. She has had her defining moment for her entire career. Thank you God it happened today...for Caylee. Amen.

Did the state ever drive home that ICA never reported Caylee missing, that it was CA who made the call, even after 31 days?

Is there somewhere to listen to the state's final closing arguments, the one given today in rebuttal to JB's?

TYIA!

I thought both JA and LDB did an incredible job! Bravo to both of them.

Three things that jumped out at me today were:

1. After LDB brought up the text that ICA sent to Amy 15 minutes prior to dumping her smelly car at the Amscot in which she wrote that her dad must have hit a squirrel since her car stank.

LDB went on to query something to the affect that if ICA genuinely had no idea why her car would begin to smell, wouldn't she first check the trunk? And upon opening the trunk, and discovery rotting trash, wouldn't she remove the trash? And if she didn't remove it...why? The only reason why ICA would leave a smelly bag of trash in the trunk would be to cover up a smell. Another smell and more damaging smell. Add also deliberately parking next to a smelly dumpster and it is pretty evident that ICA not only smelled something pretty bad in her car, she knew it wasn't trash and she was trying to hide it. She knew it was the smell of death and she knew it was due to Caylee's dead body having been in the trunk of her car. Great job LDB! Since, in a logical world, people don't abandon their car and try and cover up a dead animal smell with trash. A logical, non-guilty person, would take the trash out of the trunk, get gas for their car and then take it and have it cleaned.

2) ICA really gets pissed off when she is shown for what she is and that is excellent!

3) The "who benefited from Caylee's death?" closing was brilliant. Was it the near hysterical grandmother? The suicidal grandfather? Or the jubilant party girl living the Bella Vita?

Superb points!

Dittos to everthing you all have pointed out! I can't add to it, except to say that the SA's closing, especially LDB's rebuttal was one of the most compelling things I've ever seen.

I thought JA and LDB were both mesmerizing. I thought they both did great, but I will say, I really wish they would have had a photo of Caylee somewhere or shown a picture of her. Maybe put up a picture of her when LDB was talking about whose life would be better...just before putting up the pictures of ICA partying and the tattoo.

At first I worried about all of Casey's head-shaking-perhaps the jury might pay some mind to her at that time. But then... I was awestruck to see her shaking her head during the playback of the phone call from jail. There she was shaking her head the same exact way at what we all know are blatant lies. That added more power to a spectacular closing. Justice for Caylee is coming!!

At first I worried about all of Casey's head-shaking-perhaps the jury might pay some mind to her at that time. But then... I was awestruck to see her shaking her head during the playback of the phone call from jail. There she was shaking her head the same exact way at what we all know are blatant lies. That added more power to a spectacular closing. Justice for Caylee is coming!!

Her shaking her head at the most inappropriate times was one of the strangest things I ever saw Casey do. Very often she did that when it was about facts already admitted, proven or nothing at all incriminating what so ever. Just very strange.

Exactly. She seems to be saying "that isn't me on the phone - that is fake evidence just like all the other fake evidence."

PS Either GA was involved in Caylee's death and/or cover-up OR ICA is 100% convinced in her demented mind that he is OR she deserves an Academy Award.

I thought JA and LDB were both mesmerizing. I thought they both did great, but I will say, I really wish they would have had a photo of Caylee somewhere or shown a picture of her. Maybe put up a picture of her when LDB was talking about whose life would be better...just before putting up the pictures of ICA partying and the tattoo.

They weren't allowed to.

I thought both JA and LDB did an incredible job! Bravo to both of them.

Three things that jumped out at me today were:

1. After LDB brought up the text that ICA sent to Amy 15 minutes prior to dumping her smelly car at the Amscot in which she wrote that her dad must have hit a squirrel since her car stank.

LDB went on to query something to the affect that if ICA genuinely had no idea why her car would begin to smell, wouldn't she first check the trunk? And upon opening the trunk, and discovery rotting trash, wouldn't she remove the trash? And if she didn't remove it...why? The only reason why ICA would leave a smelly bag of trash in the trunk would be to cover up a smell. Another smell and more damaging smell. Add also deliberately parking next to a smelly dumpster and it is pretty evident that ICA not only smelled something pretty bad in her car, she knew it wasn't trash and she was trying to hide it. She knew it was the smell of death and she knew it was due to Caylee's dead body having been in the trunk of her car. Great job LDB! Since, in a logical world, people don't abandon their car and try and cover up a dead animal smell with trash. A logical, non-guilty person, would take the trash out of the trunk, get gas for their car and then take it and have it cleaned.

2) ICA really gets pissed off when she is shown for what she is and that is excellent!

3) The "who benefited from Caylee's death?" closing was brilliant. Was it the near hysterical grandmother? The suicidal grandfather? Or the jubilant party girl living the Bella Vita?

Superb points!

I had confidence LDB would do really well but imo she was outstanding. Much better than her opening!

Touchdown! She did all the right things to re-focus the jury on what the real nature and facts are in the case that got Casey in jail and where she is now. Talk about making it easy to digest and common sense for anyone she did exactly that. And now maybe people can understand why we all feel/felt so strongly about this and Caylee getting her long overdue justice.

That's it in a nutshell for me.
Possibly the most important thing of all---
like you said, she re-focused the jury on the real nautre of the case. :tyou:

I don't remember anything Baez said yesterday except something about a laughing man.

Oh I thought he said something about how he was cutting some cheese - having some cheese...:waitasec: ...it was all a little odd ...

It was riveting, particularly LDB's portion. And she managed to highlight many of the most baffling and egregious behaviors ICA has displayed during the initial 31 days and what followed after. I don't think there was anything more they could have done. I just wish instead of relying on the jury being able to make inferences and their ability to use common sense, there was indisputable evidence that ICA intentionally murdered Caylee. That's a big hole in the case, and it will be interesting to see if the jury will be able to go with Murder 1 rather than a lesser charge. But the SAO team can sleep well knowing they did the best they could have done with all of the evidence they did have.

Have you ever wanted to be able to fly? Sometimes I can fly when I'm dreaming.

Well this afternoon, I saw it for myself. LDB really can fly and when she does - it is amazing to watch. Today she was brilliance itself.

And Mr. Ashton was not too shabby either - what a team for Caylee. No one could have done better.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back