• I am officially in love with the State

Votes: 128 25.4%
  • ICA's DT is TOAST

Votes: 114 22.7%
  • They did ok

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • LDB kicked that football into the other hemisphere

Votes: 187 37.2%
  • They stated the FACTS and nothing but the FACTS!

Votes: 85 16.9%
  • AH-MAZ-ZZING!

Votes: 111 22.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 130 25.8%
  • They did the best they could do with what they definitively had.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • They re-affirmed the Defense's reasonable doubt

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
LDB, JA FG truly deserve the accolade of Dream Team.

Awesome .............no gimicks..........deadly finish that said it all.

had a little mini-vacation w/my family and missed most of it, ugh.... but am hearing nothing short of AMAZING!!!!

going to catch up now!!!!

JUSTICE FOR CAYLEE!

Hopefully, the jury noticed how many times JB objected to LDB's closing rebuttal - most of which were overruled. Also, the jury couldn't have missed Casey's brewing anger toward Ms. Drane-Burdick as she nailed many facts in the case that point directly to Casey having murdered her child. LDB was brilliant as she drove home how self-involved Casey is and how little she cared about anyone other than herself. Watching Casey squirm and stew while Ms. Drane-Burdick sealed the fate of the defendant was a highlight that couldn't have gone unnoticed by the jury or anyone else who watched. jmo

On this day that we celebrate our freedom and independence, let's hope and pray that there will be Justice for Caylee Marie Anthony!

I certainly agree about the re-focusing and common sense approach. There was something else there, tho, but I don't know what to call it--a maternal spiriit? like she was speaking from her own humanity? true compassion? pleading for justice for a helpless little human being who had no way and no words to defend herself?

Agreed! LDB was amazing and brought me to tears. She re-focused the courtroom on what matters... finding the TRUTH about what happened to Caylee despite a tsunami of lies and a defense team on a runaway train. Kudos, LDB! Caylee's life was taken from her more than three years ago and HER constitutional right to LIFE extinguished. Justice for Caylee on this Fourth of July came shining through every word you said today.

LDB pitched a no hitter today.
She is so calm and focused.
I have the utmost respect for her.
I can see her being a Judge one day.

Should I ever decide to do a dastardly deed, it ain't gonna be in Orange County, Florida!!! :snooty:

All I can say is a thunderous THANK YOU to LDB, JA, FG, Yuri Melich and Judge Belvin Perry. These 5 people invested 3 years of their lives for a tiny little girl they never got to know. May their efforts bring to justice a woman they came to know only too well. :smiliescale:

i think they did awesome.

the one thing i was very surprised that wasn't rebutted? baez in closing saying that people always know when children are abused because you see bruises and broken bones. :waitasec: WHAT???

i guess it wasn't relevant to this case in particular, what happens to other abused children, but myself and several other abuse survivors i have connected with in therapy come from families that were EXCELLENT at hiding abuse. and let's not forget that abuse does not always come in the form of bruises and broken bones!!! i was surprised that he was just allowed to tell the jury a complete myth, that abused children are easily found out, when this is very unfortunately NOT the case AT ALL in societies across the world.

i was glad LDB pointed out that the people she said felt casey was a good mother really had no valuable experiences to base that on, but i was surprised that she didn't point out that many (if not most?) abusers are very careful about hiding their dirty work.

I wish to Thank WS'er's..You guys are absolutely awesome!! Ihad to work today and knew I had to miss the rebuttals by SA..I am working on the links provided and going thru them one by one..I just had to stop and mention my heartfelt thanks..After 6 weeks I felt sick I had to miss this ultimate "Grand Slam Homerunby LDB" and really enjoyed JA's factual comparisons of SA vs DT forensic testimonies..( I am scientifically minded :rocker:)..

I am so proud to be apart of this wonderful group..and all the Mods..Your guys just rock!!!!

:tyou::hero::heartbeat:

Did the state ever drive home that ICA never reported Caylee missing, that it was CA who made the call, even after 31 days?

TYIA!

No , and I sure wish that point HAD been brought up a LOT more clearly .

Woulda LOVED to have heard LDB say this! " Caylee's "mother",ICA NEVER called the police to report her missing child! NOT after missing for 20 days, Not after missing for a MONTH! Not after missing for 31 days! NOT EVER did ICA call the police to report her misising daughter Caylee!!"

"THAT'S the kind of "Good mother" ICA is! ONLY after 31 days of partying, sleeping at boyfreinds, wet t shirt contests and tattoos about her "Beautiful Life"and being able to lie no more to her Family about little Caylee's whereabouts did this "Good mother" FINALLY utter her FIRST TRUE words as her mother CA called 911 to report her Grandaughter Caylee missing, "I haven't seen her for 31 days". That's the kind of caring, concerned, "good" mother ICA Was!"

She never had any intention of EVER notifying the poilice! EVER! I really wish THAT point had been driven home to the jury.

I felt very moved when she spoke of the little playhouse in the garden and how GA put in a concrete floor so not even an insect could harm his beloved grandchild. Contradicting JB's claim that GA disposed of Caylee's body in a insect invested swamp.

LDB scored not only a touchdown, but the two-point conversion too!

I feel like I went to Caylee's funeral today. I am emotionally drained, and am still so sad to hear it all come full circle for this sweet baby girl. LDB was on point - and spoke so simply in her rebuttal. I have no more questions about what happened to Caylee and what ICA did to her. It's in the jury's hands now, and I am ok with that. I know justice is coming.

GREAT teamwork! I esp. loved how Linda told how Casey's lies/stories had to change, like when the remains were found and identified. It made me think; what if? What if Caylee's remains were never discovered?

This is probably hard to explain. I voted for all of the above. Linda Drane Burdick put a chill up my spine as I sat there in awe. When she showed the back yard, and how George fixed it up for Caylee, I cried...... I felt so much emotion, I needed to get a hug from my husband.

I was totally blown away as I shouted: "She's guilty"!!!!!!!

i think they did awesome.

the one thing i was very surprised that wasn't rebutted? baez in closing saying that people always know when children are abused because you see bruises and broken bones. :waitasec: WHAT???

i guess it wasn't relevant to this case in particular, what happens to other abused children, but myself and several other abuse survivors i have connected with in therapy come from families that were EXCELLENT at hiding abuse. and let's not forget that abuse does not always come in the form of bruises and broken bones!!! i was surprised that he was just allowed to tell the jury a complete myth, that abused children are easily found out, when this is very unfortunately NOT the case AT ALL in societies across the world.

i was glad LDB pointed out that the people she said felt casey was a good mother really had no valuable experiences to base that on, but i was surprised that she didn't point out that many (if not most?) abusers are very careful about hiding their dirty work.

IMHO, just as the SA did not have to spend their time rebutting the DT's (preposterous) "no blood evidence" testimony, they did not have to do so on "no bruises or broken bones" stuff either. The SA presented evidence that fairly clearly laid out that the abuse of Caylee was from the chloroform and/or duct tape and resulted in her death. They were smart not to take the bait and drum up a tit for tat with the defense on its imaginary claims. The evidence speaks for itself. That's why the DT was so desperately grabbing at straws.

The voices for Caylee Marie were loud and clear today. What a brilliant team for sweet Caylee Marie Angelbabe. I hope that the jurors are able to weigh the undeniably real scientific evidence and reach an unaminous decision of guilty. On this day of days we celebrate liberty and justice for all, especially for this sparkling innocent child whom we have come to love.

I felt very moved when she spoke of the little playhouse in the garden and how GA put in a concrete floor so not even an insect could harm his beloved grandchild. Contradicting JB's claim that GA disposed of Caylee's body in a insect invested swamp.

Yes that was brilliant! I was also glad to finally hear LBD drive home the fact that the reason that Caylee was well fed, well dressed and was a well cared for child is NOT because Casey was a good mom but because Cindy and George were good grandparents - they gave all of that to Caylee.

And also her bit of sarcasm on Mallory's testimony that Casey was "an amazing mother" - stating that the defense's own witness talked about the grieving lady who insisted on going to her baby's grave because he'd never been alone in the dark in a storm...THAT was an amazing mother. Casey could have cared less.

The rebuttal was a perfect combination of JA making the science easy to understand and gathering the facts that all the experts agreed upon, even the defense experts, and LDB bringing her A game for Caylee and pointing out who in Caylee's life loved her and who wanted her out of the way. She placed Casey's own words and actions as the cherry on top and this was the END OF THE HALL for good for Casey Anthony.

I loved the statement to the effect that the most well documented prolific lier the courts have ever seen want you to believe every one else committed perjury, fraud or lied...the irony is indeed rich. :) LOVED IT.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mamagoldman
Back