• I am officially in love with the State

Votes: 128 25.4%
  • ICA's DT is TOAST

Votes: 114 22.7%
  • They did ok

Votes: 8 1.6%
  • LDB kicked that football into the other hemisphere

Votes: 187 37.2%
  • They stated the FACTS and nothing but the FACTS!

Votes: 85 16.9%
  • AH-MAZ-ZZING!

Votes: 111 22.1%
  • All of the Above

Votes: 130 25.8%
  • They did the best they could do with what they definitively had.

Votes: 11 2.2%
  • They re-affirmed the Defense's reasonable doubt

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
i think they did awesome.

the one thing i was very surprised that wasn't rebutted? baez in closing saying that people always know when children are abused because you see bruises and broken bones. :waitasec: WHAT???

i guess it wasn't relevant to this case in particular, what happens to other abused children, but myself and several other abuse survivors i have connected with in therapy come from families that were EXCELLENT at hiding abuse. and let's not forget that abuse does not always come in the form of bruises and broken bones!!! i was surprised that he was just allowed to tell the jury a complete myth, that abused children are easily found out, when this is very unfortunately NOT the case AT ALL in societies across the world.

i was glad LDB pointed out that the people she said felt casey was a good mother really had no valuable experiences to base that on, but i was surprised that she didn't point out that many (if not most?) abusers are very careful about hiding their dirty work.

I think perhaps this was such a "duh" moment for the Defense, that the state didn't feel the need to address it. I don't know that most people would believe that child abuse is obvious to those around them. I think most people realize that crimes like child abuse and domestic abuse often go on for years without anyone knowing.

I certainly agree about the re-focusing and common sense approach. There was something else there, tho, but I don't know what to call it--a maternal spiriit? like she was speaking from her own humanity? true compassion? pleading for justice for a helpless little human being who had no way and no words to defend herself?

LDB definitely has a great speaking voice. She speaks clearly, and has a very soothing, calm tone. She seemed very sincere in what she was saying.

I think both JA and LDB did an outstanding job today. I think their closing was a stark contrast to the defense team's.

The defense seemed on one hand a little chaotic, and lacking in continuity, but on the other hand mostly boring. Neither Baez nor Mason have good speaking voices.

This team of prosecutors were beyond great! They brought fireworks without the burn. They were respectful of all involved and inparticular the memory of little Caylee.
Nobody on that team should be ashamed of any part of the argument they made on Caylee's behalf.
Fabulous team and a stellar job.
ICA will be sleeping with the fishes tonight in her dreams. I expect that she will be fearful of her fate.
MOO

I think perhaps this was such a "duh" moment for the Defense, that the state didn't feel the need to address it. I don't know that most people would believe that child abuse is obvious to those around them. I think most people realize that crimes like child abuse and domestic abuse often go on for years without anyone knowing.

Not only that but the state really had no evidence of prior abuse and it was in their best interest to focus on the evidence they did have.

LDB scored not only a touchdown, but the two-point conversion too!

Her football analogy as she began her closing argument was great. And the finish was totally awesome!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I didn't get to watch LDB earlier as I had to work, just as she was starting no less.

I am on part 2, and she really really did well. Very forceful closing!

Content..so far so good!

Kelly

I can't go away today without comment. The State Prosecutors were awesome. LDB's close today was absolutely PERFECT. She and Jeff have never waivered in being Caylee's voice. Linda more than kept their promise in that closing statement. I love how she spoke up for the grandparents too, and said it publically to Casey.... all the things I have wanted to say. Sorry Jose and Casey....Linda waved away all of your smoke! I think this has been an Epic Failure. (still praying for the Jury though, ya never know!)

I felt very moved when she spoke of the little playhouse in the garden and how GA put in a concrete floor so not even an insect could harm his beloved grandchild. Contradicting JB's claim that GA disposed of Caylee's body in a insect invested swamp.

Yes, this was rhetorical skill at its finest. Bravo!

I didn't get to watch LDB earlier as I had to work, just as she was starting no less.

I am on part 2, and she really really did well. Very forceful closing!

Content..so far so good!

Kelly

Wait until you get to the end. It couldn't have been better!

Casey Anthony met her match today.....someone by the name of Linda Drane Burdick, who is older & bigger than her usual opponent of a little helpless 2 yr. old girl named Caylee Marie.

Caylee, baby, your Mom may not have cared but between the SA, the wonderful lawyers, police officers, Jo Jo & countless others who did nothing more than keep you alive on sites like WS's, we care greatly & hope you have peace after this!

Forgot to add that LDB exonerated every single person that was unfairly trashed during trial. Hearing her talk about George Anthony's innocence and devotion moved me almost to tears. Showing the playhouse was worth a thousand words. And JA did a good job of redeeming Kronk, who merely discovered the remains and has since been skewered for simply doing what any good citizen would do. Wow, those two men should take the SA out for a huge thank-you dinner.

I had posted early this morning some points I hoped LDB and JA would clear up today...and dang they did that AND MORE! I got very emotional when LDB put up the picture of Caylee's little house in the back yard and talked about how much work George did.....I started boo-hooing like a baby. I thought it was amazing, as do all of the THs on TV. They say this will go down in history and be shown to law students in the future. I was glad that JA talked about the other elephant in the room, Kronk. Good for him.
All in all I am Casey'd out....but I can't stop coming to the computer and peeking in here..I know I am addicted and will have to taper off slowly! I also have HLN blaring in 2 rooms. Glad I will be going back to work tomorrow so I can get some work done, but don't know how I will cope with not having the ear bud stuck in my ear and sneeking peeks at WESH.
Team Caylee, you made me extremely proud today. I intend to drop a thank you card in the mail. Also one to HHJP.
Notice who I didn't put in my list up there! But when ICA is finally tucked away in prison, I think I'm gonna drop her a card as well. :)

I still can't get over it. She included EVERYTHING we were afraid the jurors wouldn't get in context. Even if it was in the best interest of the state, it was nice she could completely rehabilitate George. And she also got some really nice shots at the defense.

as part of his timer55 discussion. Talked about how she thought she had 55 days until Caylees b-day until her mother tracked her down and called. I think the point got across. plus they played the 911 call today when CA called.

No , and I sure wish that point HAD been brought up a LOT more clearly .

Woulda LOVED to have heard LDB say this! " Caylee's "mother",ICA NEVER called the police to report her missing child! NOT after missing for 20 days, Not after missing for a MONTH! Not after missing for 31 days! NOT EVER did ICA call the police to report her misising daughter Caylee!!"

"THAT'S the kind of "Good mother" ICA is! ONLY after 31 days of partying, sleeping at boyfreinds, wet t shirt contests and tattoos about her "Beautiful Life"and being able to lie no more to her Family about little Caylee's whereabouts did this "Good mother" FINALLY utter her FIRST TRUE words as her mother CA called 911 to report her Grandaughter Caylee missing, "I haven't seen her for 31 days". That's the kind of caring, concerned, "good" mother ICA Was!"

She never had any intention of EVER notifying the poilice! EVER! I really wish THAT point had been driven home to the jury.

Not only that but the state really had no evidence of prior abuse and it was in their best interest to focus on the evidence they did have.

----------------
Hi Sappysoul, there was a bit of info in the autopsy report in referrence to the skull growth. Its an interesting read. Its a few pages into the report. I wondered if they are saving it for penalty phase. :seeya:

I'm still trying to pick up my jaw off the floor - she was stunning!! All the doubts I had, the questions, she erased them one by one. There are pieces that are still missing but it doesn't matter, she is guilty. Maybe she was smart enough to hide some of the evidence, maybe GA and CA unwittingly helped and aided in the clean up - they thought their daughter was innocent so they did all they could to clean up after her. I needed to hear exactly what LDB said today, I needed the assurance that she offered.

I am completely at peace. I wonder if LDB has any idea of how many people she soothed today. I knew that she would be good but I didn't expect her to erase every last doubt I had. Thank you Linda, thank you! You deserve 10 gold stars! :star1: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star1: :star1::star1::star1:

Really, really amazing! I bet the DT is sooo p.o.'d that they got to have the a new day and a fresh jury. She nailed it! I also appreciate when she addressed some thoughts I had like "common sense" and "seeing the forest through the trees." Plus, thank you someone needed to rebutt the magical thought that ICA was an amazing mother just because a few friends, who obviously didn't know her, said so.

I thought it was great, then when I saw how agitated and mad Casey was getting I knew it must be awesome. It certainly got under her skin.

Brought me to tears ... Tears of pride and justice for Caylee. I am proud of the State and their passionate focus on the victim, Caylee. July 4 has become Caylee's Justice Day.

It was priceless to see the faces of JB and ICA. they were not smiling.

I thought it was great, then when I saw how agitated and mad Casey was getting I knew it must be awesome. It certainly got under her skin.

Yes ... LDB stuck it to ICA today and ICA had to just sit there and take it for once. It clearly demonstrated that ICA could not take the stand because if this agitated her and got her angry ... Imagine a one-on-one cross exam? LDB would wipe the floor with her and her lies. ICA has met her match.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
70DaysofSilence
Back