DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How Did You Hear About This Case?

• News story

Votes: 5 4.9%
  • Mr. AllGood's blogs

Votes: 9 8.7%
  • The original thread about Janet in the Crimes in the News Forum here at websleuths

Votes: 38 36.9%
  • This New Featured Case Forum: Janet Abaroa, Durham, NC

Votes: 16 15.5%
  • Another crime sleuthing website (please post which one)

Votes: 2 1.9%
  • You personally know Janet and was searching the web for her

Votes: 22 21.4%
  • Other: please post and share!

Votes: 11 10.7%

• Total voters
I've been a lurker for a long time. You guys are doing a great job. I'm looking forward to jumping in with you guys to help bring justice to Janet.

I came across this case while reading a thread about Natalee H. (and all the press her disappearance has generated) and immediately hopped over to the site when I saw Durham NC, I lived in Durham for almost 15 years prior to moving to Hillsborough (home of Eurosport)( and right next door to durham). I cannot believe that I heard nothing about this case. I get home delivery of HeraldSun (Durham paper) saw nothing in it about the case (I must have missed the paper the day after the murder). Everywhere I go, people have been talking about Sapikowski murders in Chapel Hill, nothing about this, WHY?

booradley said:
I came across this case while reading a thread about Natalee H. (and all the press her disappearance has generated) and immediately hopped over to the site when I saw Durham NC, I lived in Durham for almost 15 years prior to moving to Hillsborough (home of Eurosport)( and right next door to durham). I cannot believe that I heard nothing about this case. I get home delivery of HeraldSun (Durham paper) saw nothing in it about the case (I must have missed the paper the day after the murder). Everywhere I go, people have been talking about Sapikowski murders in Chapel Hill, nothing about this, WHY?

Great Question. Why, Indeed.

I rarely post here on websleuths but one quiet evening I was browsing here during the Wilibanks fiasco and discovered the original thread dealing with Janet's murder. From there I went to Steve Huff's brilliantly incisive blog and from reading there I became more and more appalled that a "real" murder had been eclipsed by the media feeding frenzy over the "Run Away Bride". It was even more bizarre that after all that furore wound down that the media has almost zero interest in Janet's murder.

I know that we're only members of a public message board and not law enforcement or anything close to it but this message board has served as a public meeting place for those with a genuine interest in seeing this crime solved and the murderer brought to book for his crime.

Sad, unbelievable & grossly unfair are only some of the adjectives I'd use to describe how Janet's murder has seemed to be swept under the collective carpet. I hope one day soon that we do see justice for Janet & her unborn child .

blaize

blaize said:
I rarely post here on websleuths but one quiet evening I was browsing here during the Wilibanks fiasco and discovered the original thread dealing with Janet's murder. From there I went to Steve Huff's brilliantly incisive blog and from reading there I became more and more appalled that a "real" murder had been eclipsed by the media feeding frenzy over the "Run Away Bride". It was even more bizarre that after all that furore wound down that the media has almost zero interest in Janet's murder.

I know that we're only members of a public message board and not law enforcement or anything close to it but this message board has served as a public meeting place for those with a genuine interest in seeing this crime solved and the murderer brought to book for his crime.

Sad, unbelievable & grossly unfair are only some of the adjectives I'd use to describe how Janet's murder has seemed to be swept under the collective carpet. I hope one day soon that we do see justice for Janet & her unborn child .

blaize
You are so right blaize...and not only the media having zero interest in Janet's murder but the husband and family having zero interest in helping to solve Janet's murder....in addition to LE not asking for any help from the public. It doesn't appear that anyone cares about finding who killed Janet and her baby and making this person(s) account for their actions?

blaize said:

blaize
........it is very unfortunate that the (fake ) run-away bride hogged the media at the time.......
..also...........had raven.............ummmmmmmmm..i mean, the murderer, "dumped the body" ( sorry, that sounds so awful) elsewhere..........then------

---YES, the media would have been all over it...( a la' laci peterson)but, how sad is it that murdered spouses/girlfriends are all too common and just don't get the press coverage ?.

ewwwinteresting said:
You are so right blaize...and not only the media having zero interest in Janet's murder but the husband and family having zero interest in helping to solve Janet's murder....in addition to LE not asking for any help from the public. It doesn't appear that anyone cares about finding who killed Janet and her baby and making this person(s) account for their actions?
I care very much, and so do many of us WS Snoopers, and Justice will be served for Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden and the family and friends of Janet.

terminatrixator said:
I care very much, and so do many of us WS Snoopers, and Justice will be served for Janet, her unborn child, Kaiden and the family and friends of Janet.
Oh I know you do term....as well as many of us that have stuck with this case for all these months. I read alot of various threads here and most of the activity are on those forums that have media coverage. For everyone to stick with this case day after day without media coverage is amazing! The point I was trying to make is that it's just us....no husband, no family, crying for justice, requesting help (unless it's for money)....do they even care if there is an arrest for this horrific crime? Doesn't seem so!

ewwwinteresting said:
Oh I know you do term....as well as many of us that have stuck with this case for all these months. I read alot of various threads here and most of the activity are on those forums that have media coverage. For everyone to stick with this case day after day without media coverage is amazing! The point I was trying to make is that it's just us....no husband, no family, crying for justice, requesting help (unless it's for money)....do they even care if there is an arrest for this horrific crime? Doesn't seem so!
I know this is tough because of the resounding silence but I firmly believe that law enforcement cares about this case. I don't for one minute think they're going to let Raven off the hook if they really suspect his involvment.

On the face of it this seems a very open & shut case but considering the personality of the prime suspect Raven and his past activities, LE may be checking and double checking & then checking everything again before they make a move.

I realise that the frustration many posters here have expressed must be
infinitesimal compared to what Janet's parents, siblings & other family members must be feeling and for that reason I will keep reading here for as long as it takes and keep the faith that justice for Janet is not far away.

blaize

blaize said:
I know this is tough because of the resounding silence but I firmly believe that law enforcement cares about this case. I don't for one minute think they're going to let Raven off the hook if they really suspect his involvment.

On the face of it this seems a very open & shut case but considering the personality of the prime suspect Raven and his past activities, LE may be checking and double checking & then checking everything again before they make a move.

I realise that the frustration many posters here have expressed must be
infinitesimal compared to what Janet's parents, siblings & other family members must be feeling and for that reason I will keep reading here for as long as it takes and keep the faith that justice for Janet is not far away.

blaize
..absolutely....i'm sure that everyone here ( well, except for a tiny few in the minority) are hoping for the same..........that LE is getting a super tight case together for the DA...........'done deal/slam dunk' at trial so that "the accused" doesn't slide by due to double jeopardy...

..i do think of janet's family & friends always.......and have nothing but praise for those faithful posters that are keeping this thread going.........( you guys seriously rock!)...........we will see justice.........we will.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
InvestinTest
Back