How do you feel about Misty

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Excellent post krkrjx. I agree with the so very many legitimate and accurate points that you made in the above post.

Tho, I realize that we differ in our opinions of Ron's direct involvement[I do believe his lifestyle and selfish behaviors are what led to Haleigh's demise], our opinions of Misty's innocence and culpability seem to be the same.

I too feel that Misty has had many choices that were available her to even save Haleigh, and then even after it was too late to save her she has had multiple opportunities to ensure justice for Haleigh by telling what she knew after the fact, before evidence was destroyed by mother nature and animals taking their course...

I do have twinges of feeling sorry for her but when I am immediately reminded that her with holding of imperative info has caused this precious child to go unfound and justice unserved that outweighs any feelings for Misty 100%...

I personally do not feel Ron was directly involved in Haleigh's death but I am forced to consider that he could have slapped Haleigh too hard prior to leaving for work that day, and she suffered injuries that were not immediately noticeable. Ron has a temper and I have no doubt in my mind that he at times hit those kids out of anger. I do hold Ronald responsible for what happened to Haleigh because I believe he is key to the series of events that led up to whatever happened and in the aftermath failed to do all that is humanly possible to aid the investigation.

Ron often left Misty in charge of his kids, and that was a poor decision on his part. And I understand others who say that when things began to happen that day, Misty freaked and didn't know what to do. I believe that is how this went down, but not because Misty does not know right from wrong. I believe Misty does know right from wrong; she made a statement to the UC on tape that she didn't want to get in trouble over the drug deals, so it is obvious she knew that what she was doing was wrong. I also believe Misty knew it was wrong to not cooperate with LE in the Haleigh investigation and to tell all those lies. Even an eight-year-old knows it's wrong to lie--they will often try it to see if it works, but they know it's wrong.

Misty bears some responsibility in this case from the beginning. But so does Ronald. And, IMO, so does the Putnam County justice system for the revolving doors that let offenders off with few to no consequences for their crimes.

IMO, the most responsibility for this tragedy falls on DCF. That agency should have intervened some time ago on Misty's behalf, and should have been in Ron's face routinely regarding Haleigh and Junior's care (or lack of). What is most outrageous to me is that after Haleigh went missing DCF left Junior in Ronald's custody! That little boy is very, very fortunate that nothing happened to him directly. Still, Junior is a victim of what happened on February 9, 2009; he has to grow up without his beloved Sissy, and that will affect him for the rest of his life.

Misty was/is a very street smart woman.
She had been on her own since she was a teen.
Misty knows right from wrong.
BUT I do think Ron was her soulmate, he (pediphile) KNEW how to handle Misty.
Drugs and sex Misty thought was LOVE because that is all she knew around her parents and family.
Ron supplied Misty with Food, Shelter, Drugs and sex...........marriage.
What else could a girl dream for????
Misty is truely still in love with Ron and probably won't realize it til she is older and looks back.
Ron has the power over Misty that Manson had over his girls...............anything Ron wanted he got!

Unlike many who follow this case, I don't believe Misty knows the whole story... nor do I think she's responsible for what happened to Haleigh.

When this tragedy occurred, Misty was an outsider in the Cummings clan-- barely reconciled with Ron after being tossed on the street. The instant defense she garnered from TN and GGS has always made me more than suspicious.

I believe Misty is the scapegoat. Those I would like to see interrogated into hysteria have yet to come about... Ron, and his affairs, are handled by two women, who I feel need to be investigated very thoroughly. moo

I believe Misty is telling the truth and she doesn’t know who committed the crime against HaLeigh Cummings. Therefore, I have exonerated her from having any voluntary involvement or knowledge about the crime that was committed against HaLeigh Cummings.

If my wish for Misty actualized, she would replace her superficial lawyer, Robert Fields, with a defense lawyer who will do his/her job and defend her to the best of his/her ability because I want Justice for Misty as much as I want Justice for HaLeigh.

I too wonder how much Misty knows, but if it's true that she failed the LDTs miserably, she should know enough. But, I wonder about those things. What questions did they ask? Did they ask her if she killed Haleigh? That seems like a no brainer, but you never know. Did they ask her if Ron or Tommy was responsible? I wouldn't think they'd waste those precious chances, so what's the problem? After her numerous tests, Ron's 1 & Tommy's 1, why do they need anybody to rat out anybody? If Misty did this, why haven't they charged her? Surely if she's guilty, she showed deception in herself. Are they just now on to Tommy? Has that been the problem? They were so busy with Misty & Ron that Tommy slipped under the radar? That doesn't really make sense. With Misty, I see 1 of 3 things. She's unsure & not really the key. She's guilty & for some reason, Tommy's been lying for her. Tommy's guilty, & she's been lying for him. She either told the cops to check with Tommy because he's guilty, or because she's guilty, but can't bring herself to confess the details...& is giving her brother permission to do it. If that's the case, that must've been some horrible night. I got the feeling after reading her mom's account of the interrogation, that Misty is relieved that this is finally going to be over, & that seems to point to her guilt. But, I just don't know. But whatever the case, I still feel for Misty & want the courts to show her some mercy.

Oh this is such a difficult one. I want to slap her around and then hug her and tell her it doesn't have to be this way. I see her as a defiant little girl who is caught up in something way beyond her years or experience. Who and what means anything to her in her life? A man who has taken advantage of her, loved her and then turned on her? A family she grew up with that held very few boundaries and low expectations?

Misty's silence is an allegiance to someone or perhaps it's for her own survival. It's a travesty that more hasn't been done to get through to her. I would have had a psychologist visiting her every day if that's what it took to gain her trust and help her find her way through this tragedy. Does someone simply block out a child's life? Their own future? Do they not feel worthy of a better life or respect?

Misty was failed on so many levels and now she is failing others. Perhaps it's all she knows.

Oh this is such a difficult one. I want to slap her around and then hug her and tell her it doesn't have to be this way. I see her as a defiant little girl who is caught up in something way beyond her years or experience. Who and what means anything to her in her life? A man who has taken advantage of her, loved her and then turned on her? A family she grew up with that held very few boundaries and low expectations?

Misty's silence is an allegiance to someone or perhaps it's for her own survival. It's a travesty that more hasn't been done to get through to her. I would have had a psychologist visiting her every day if that's what it took to gain her trust and help her find her way through this tragedy. Does someone simply block out a child's life? Their own future? Do they not feel worthy of a better life or respect?

Misty was failed on so many levels and now she is failing others. Perhaps it's all she knows.

:rolling: I had to :rolling: your post...sorry. I am pretty much on the same page with ya regarding Misty. There are times where I feel :furious: about all her lies and actions. She has not stood up for Haleigh and it just make my so :furious: :banghead:

I am sure LE feels like questioning Misty is like :other_beatingA_Dead:
All I can say is that all these stories are making me :crosseyed:

I do not like a lot of things Misty does but it is easy to be my age and label Misty and others like her as foolish. Misty is a victim of her environment and she is very "me" oriented, but being "me" oriented sort of goes along with that age, IMO. Truth is, Misty reminds me a lot of myself at her age. I was struggling to survive, too, and in the process I made some very poor choices.

If we could consider only Misty's involvement with that [unusual person] Ronald and her drug trafficking activities, I would be able to cut her a lot more slack, but we certainly cannot just ignore Misty being a key figure in a missing child case. Because...even though Misty is a victim of circumstance, she did have choices. She may not have been mature enough to see those choices, but she had them nonetheless. Little Haleigh did not have choices; she had to live where she was told to live, with people who were ill-equipped emotionally to care for her and when she cried, her cries fell on deaf ears.

Any sympathy I feel for Misty (and I do have twinges from time to time) is seriously diminished due to her choices to not do the right thing to ensure justice for Haleigh. If Misty really was in no position to help Haleigh in the heat of the moment, she certainly has been in a position since then to do right by that baby girl--yet time after time she has chosen not to! Her lies about being asleep, then the new lies about being afraid of Joe, combined with statements that maybe "the other side of the family" took Haleigh...

Sorry, folks...I am a liberal thinker for the most part, but I cannot muster enough tolerance to exonerate Misty for not doing the right thing from the beginning. I cannot help but think of the possibility that had Misty acted right away, Haleigh might have been found, or at the very least all evidence would not be gone forever.

I do not see justice happening for Haleigh, and Misty bears some responsibility for that. Although I do not believe that Misty killed Haleigh, I do believe that she had some opportunity early on to help investigators and she chose not to do so. And no matter how many excuses I try to make for Misty's upbringing, I cannot think of any acceptable excuse for not helping a five-year-old in danger and/or assisting LE in every way possible to bring those culpable to justice. Haleigh deserved that and she did not get it; for that reason, I am unable to extend much sympathy Misty's way.

Do I feel sorry for Misty? Nope. Yes, I wish life had been kinder to Misty. Just like I wish life had been kinder to Haleigh. Just like I wish this tragedy had never happened.

Thank you for this post. It says everything that I would have tried to say but failed miserably at.

Misty is a product of her environment/upbringing. She's an 18-year-old girl with very little education and very little exposure, if any, to a different and/or better way of life. I believe that all she has known/seen is manipulation in exchange for survival (food, shelter, etc.). I truly believe that she assumes that everybody else lives just like this (lies & manipulation) which makes it even more difficult to break through her outer shell, so to say. Sadly, in this case, there have far too many who have injected themselves and proven this to be true. Do I think Misty was involved and/or knows what happened to HaLeigh - absolutely, right along with her male mentor Ronald.

Misty is a baby, she has no idea what she even thinks. She is letting Ronald dictate her. I think her life has been in tumoil, but no way she is a violent person. No way that I think she could hurt baby Haleigh.

People raised in the enviorment that Misty was raised in look at the world in a diffrent way than people that were raised with a stable home, parents that taught them right from wrong. I have a male friend that came from an enviroment alot like Misty's. His mother, grandma, father, step grandfather were all terrible drunks and druggies. They didn't care what him and his brother done. If they went to school, they never attended any of their school programs when they were younger. He didn't have clean clothes for school his teachers would give him school supplies As long as they weren't bothering them they could have cared less. When he was 4 and his bro 6 they ate a batch of pot brownies that their "mother" baked for her friend. He said they were semi concious for 2 days. The adults didn't take them for medical attention afraid they would get in trouble for abuse and the drugs. His brother has been in and out of jail all of his life and is in prison now for various charges. My friend turned out pretty good compared to what he could have. But, he dosen't feel compassion or empathy for anyone. He just looks at the world differently than most. He dosen't trust or really know how to show love except to his cat & dog. So in some ways after being close with him I do have some sympathy for MC and her siblings. But that dosen't excuse her for not helping and getting justice for Haleigh

People raised in the enviorment that Misty was raised in look at the world in a diffrent way than people that were raised with a stable home, parents that taught them right from wrong. I have a male friend that came from an enviroment alot like Misty's. His mother, grandma, father, step grandfather were all terrible drunks and druggies. They didn't care what him and his brother done. If they went to school, they never attended any of their school programs when they were younger. He didn't have clean clothes for school his teachers would give him school supplies As long as they weren't bothering them they could have cared less. When he was 4 and his bro 6 they ate a batch of pot brownies that their "mother" baked for her friend. He said they were semi concious for 2 days. The adults didn't take them for medical attention afraid they would get in trouble for abuse and the drugs. His brother has been in and out of jail all of his life and is in prison now for various charges. My friend turned out pretty good compared to what he could have. But, he dosen't feel compassion or empathy for anyone. He just looks at the world differently than most. He dosen't trust or really know how to show love except to his cat & dog. So in some ways after being close with him I do have some sympathy for MC and her siblings. But that dosen't excuse her for not helping and getting justice for Haleigh
But the thing is, I think Misty did feel empathy for Haleigh. When she asked why they didn't take her instead, because Haleigh was too little to defend herself, I felt her anguish. I may have totally misjudged her, but I bought her tears, & empathy. But you're right, if she did feel for this little girl, why hasn't she done something for her? I can't help but think if Ron hadn't married & harbored her, she would've cracked a long time ago. But, like you, I know people like this. They stand on the 'outside' & want to live like 'good' people, but don't know where to start. They don't realize there's no secret, unattainable ingrediant to being good. I guess it comes from years of being beat down & judged. They learn to hate themselves. I remember in a jail call, when Lindsey told Tommy that Padilla, (I think), had said something good about him. He was shocked & taken aback. Now, that may have been because of a guilty conscience, but it could also have been because his self image is so low, that he can't imagine anybody seeing good in him.

But the thing is, I think Misty did feel empathy for Haleigh. When she asked why they didn't take her instead, because Haleigh was too little to defend herself, I felt her anguish. I may have totally misjudged her, but I bought her tears, & empathy. But you're right, if she did feel for this little girl, why hasn't she done something for her? I can't help but think if Ron hadn't married & harbored her, she would've cracked a long time ago. But, like you, I know people like this. They stand on the 'outside' & want to live like 'good' people, but don't know where to start. They don't realize there's no secret, unattainable ingrediant to being good. I guess it comes from years of being beat down & judged. They learn to hate themselves. I remember in a jail call, when Lindsey told Tommy that Padilla, (I think), had said something good about him. He was shocked & taken aback. Now, that may have been because of a guilty conscience, but it could also have been because his self image is so low, that he can't imagine anybody seeing good in him.

I talked my friend in to going to therapy for awhile and I went with him. The therapist told us something I will never forget, she said by the time you are 3 your personality and who you are is allready formed. With the kind of neglect he had experienced he already started building that shell around himself. At 3 years old thats sad.... So I think the Croslins had pretty much the same upbringing only I think LC & HC showed their children more affection than my friend ever had. He said the only time he could remember his mom hugging him is when she was dog drunk. He can't even stand to be around anyone drunk especially a woman.

I do feel bad for Misty, her life with her parents, Ron, her responsibility she carried in the previous months with the kids. No 17 yr old is gonna be tied down to 2 children and act like a mature adult. It is hard enough for mature adults to handle the ages Ron's kids were. He used her for babysitting, sex, and keeping a house. No, I don't think she was in love with her life with him and did what most girls that age would do after living that way for 9 months, she partied I think she was ready to get away from all of it. Now the drugs etc was wrong but that is what her upbringing was. Ron was in authority over her, demanding she do these things. I think he scared her into thinking she was totally responsible for his responsibilities and the Grams were ok with that because then they didn't have to worry about the kids. Ron would not defend her the way he has if he was Not involved, no way. He wants her to keep her mouth shut.
I think they should give her the lightest sentence of them all and see who starts talking from their cells. If everyone gets 15 they expect the same for Misty. If she gets a deal and walks out of there it will get the whole crowd thinking including the crowd on the outside, maybe they will be getting their memory back. If something points to Misty she can be rearrested.
My idea is if someone who would wisk Misty away from there and give her a chance at a normal life she could change and it would really burn Ron and her Brother. Those 2 should be the most responsible at their age. I think Ron is a looser and a user and a phoney. IMO

I talked my friend in to going to therapy for awhile and I went with him. The therapist told us something I will never forget, she said by the time you are 3 your personality and who you are is allready formed. With the kind of neglect he had experienced he already started building that shell around himself. At 3 years old thats sad.... So I think the Croslins had pretty much the same upbringing only I think LC & HC showed their children more affection than my friend ever had. He said the only time he could remember his mom hugging him is when she was dog drunk. He can't even stand to be around anyone drunk especially a woman.

Hippy, you are someone I would be proud to say that I knew.. My heart breaks for your friend, but just from the little that you have shared you have shown this man more love, kindness, understanding, and care than it seems he was shown in his entire childhood years which as we know form the very core of who each of us are.. I am thankful for him that he was destined to have crossed paths with you in this life that has not been kind to this man...

I would say you probably could never understand what your friendship has been to this man and I'd say your unconditional and unjudging love has been somewhat of a healing "balm" to wounds long left open from such a sad and loveless upbringing.. Thank you for serving as a reminder to me that in this negative, cynical, and too much evil of a world that there are still many who stand for everything just the opposite of those things and that there are still ppl that give of themselves selfLESSly and care for the "imperfect" individuals that truly we ALL ARE in some capacity..

I know even if he is not capable of expressing such feelings that he is so grateful and thankful to have someone such as yourself in his life...

I postulate the reason Ron didn’t talk with Misty to find out what she knows about his daughter’s disappearance is because only Ronald was involved in her crime. Because Ron was alone preceding HaLeigh’s disappearance, no one truly knows what was going on inside Ron’s head and home. If Ron made plans to do away with HaLeigh while Misty was gone, who else needs to know, who or why would Ron tell anyone what he was up to? At this point in the investigation, I am convinced Ron did not share his plans with anybody, including AS and TN. After all, Ron is a man who does not like people sticking their nose into his personal life.

When Misty was with Kristina Prevatt, she overheard Misty talking with Ron and she was aware Ronald invited Misty back into his home after her alleged affair with Gregory Page. Why would Ron lure Misty back unless he needed her there Monday evening to play a starring role in his plot? Because Misty had no idea he would do anything to harm his daughter and was mislead by Ron into believing he was a stellar father, Misty swallowed his bait, hook, line and sinker and fell unwittingly into his trap. The fact Misty didn’t see the person who came into the bedroom and snatch HaLeigh provides Ron with an alibi that is more secure than his work alibi because Misty can’t place Ron in the bedroom committing the crime! I am convinced Ron crept into the bedroom and kept his face turned away from his bed where Junior and Misty were sleeping to prevent him self from being recognized. Ron did say HaLeigh was expecting to see him when he got home from work and Ron is very clever and cunning.

Misty doesn’t know what happened inside the home Monday evening because she was strung out on drugs; Misty doesn’t know what happened inside the home because Ron stunned her and did the inconceivable.

This is how Ron was able to cover up the crime scene and he holds the key to his daughter’s whereabouts not Misty. Why did Ronald leave 45 minutes before he was scheduled to work Monday evening? Why was there a band aid on his neck? Were the cuts on his hands there before he punched the door? Ronald who has a history of victimizing woman and children has no reason to confess because thanks to his gal pal Misty, Ronald has both an airtight alibi and scapegoat and HaLeigh’s body has cleverly been concealed in a very secluded area.

The headless rat Ron placed in Tommy's mailbox is a ploy to shift the blame elsewhere and in reality the rat is none other than Ron himself who hired a criminal defense attorney and refused to cooperate with LE. And one more thing, Ron is the sorry piece of trash and until he confesses and makes things right between him and HaLeigh and everyone else he has harmed, I will not forgive him.

Sorry I couldn't snip your post, and a "thank you" didn't seem like enough. I totally agree with almost everything you've stated and have seen the same thing too many times over to count.

The only thing is I'd have to qualify feeling sympathy for Misty, and I just can't / don't feel any for her brothers. In fact my instincts have one or both of them being directly responsible for killing Haleigh. I don't think Misty did it, and I'm not even convinced that she knows exactly what happened. And that's part of the reason I feel sorry for her. She knows something but she can't tell the truth without taking down her own family. And I do believe she loved Haleigh. So I guess maybe I feel sadness more than sympathy when I think of her... But nothing compared to the sadness I feel for Haleigh...

Great post though! (And now I'll return to reading without being logged in to try to keep myself out of trouble!!)

Misty confuses the He77 out of me.

One minute i really feel sorry for the girl. She has gotten herself into such a mess. The the next minute, i think how dumb could she really be, not to see what is happening to her.

I really don't know what else to say about her, she confuses me.

i really think she is being set up by the Cummings Clan. JMO

I feel bad for Misty and her brothers for the life they have had, however, Misty, by her own words, straight out of her mouth, has put herself as the last person to be with Haleigh, ALIVE AND WELL. Haleigh was also not down the hall, she was right next to Misty, by Misty's own words. Because of this, I believe Misty to be at best complicit, if not the actual perp, in what happened to Haleigh, who was an innocent child.

Bottom line, as long as Haleigh is out there, I can't feel any empathy for Misty. As bad as things may have been for her growing up, at least she made it to adulthood, which at this time is a lot more than can be said for Haleigh, and IMO, that is on Misty.

In reference to myself I truly believe BOTH Ronald Cummings and Misty were the last two people to see Haleigh alive.
I feel anger toward Misty when I think of all the lies she has told in order to protect Ronald Cummings and sometimes I am deeply saddened when I realize how stooopid she has been to allow herself to be manipulated and controlled by Ronald Cummings and his family..
She knows what initially happened to Haleigh and for her to continue to LIE instead of tellling the truth about what happened is beyond shameful..

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fruit
Back