How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

How do you feel about the memorial service planned for Caylee?

• I think it is okay to have one without the family's blessings.

Votes: 283 56.4%
  • I think the family should have the final say in any memorial, formal or not.

Votes: 130 25.9%
  • I have no idea what to think.

Votes: 89 17.7%

• Total voters
The mods request when people make obvious remarks that we not quote them. hint hint There is an edit button to correct those things if they occur. ;)

Well said. :clap::clap::clap:

How many grandmothers or grandparents here would let so much time go by without trying to find your child and grandchild. While discussing this case, my mom said to me, the first day I asked to talk to my granddaughter and you wouldn't let me or came up with some hokey excuse, that would be the day I come and find you- not 30+ days later. (and I am 44 with grown children). I would do the same if I had grandchildren. Heck even my neighbor's little one if I don't see her out playing in her play yard I ask if she is sick or off having fun with her grandma.

Not one day would pass that I would not know what was going on with my grandkids. I know their whereabouts and if I don't I ask questions. I see them and have them alot much like the Anthony's did. And yes, if the neighbors don't see them they ask too.

Not one day would pass that I would not know what was going on with my grandkids. I know their whereabouts and if I don't I ask questions. I see them and have them alot much like the Anthony's did. And yes, if the neighbors don't see them they ask too.
My grands live hours away and I have met every one of their babysitters!! Imagine that?! I know their names, phone numbers, and where they live! I also know when they are with a sitter as I talk to them EVERY day. So I know exactly what you mean! :)

My grands live hours away and I have met every one of their babysitters!! Imagine that?! I know their names, phone numbers, and where they live! I also know when they are with a sitter as I talk to them EVERY day. So I know exactly what you mean! :)

Maybe that's why ours aren't misplaced.

SNIPPED: "...But forcing a memorial service upon people who are clearly not ready is completely improper, and, in fact, cruel.

Princess - the Anothony's are free to refuse to attand, turn off their radios and televisions re: any broadcast of the memorial, and ignore that part of the newspapers.

Know what the real problem is? They refuse to do so because they can't get it through their heads that they don't get to dictate how the very public they've been going on national television to talk to day after day grieves. :rolleyes:

Same here. I know everyone involved with my grandkids. I make sure that everyone knows me-this includes their teachers. LOL They may think I'm a little too involved!! Better safe than sorry in my book.

It was VERY peaceful. I kept thinking how beautiful the scene was and if Caylee were to be found...it would be nice to have people who love her sitting on the banks awaiting her. One woman prayed openly with her arms held high above her head. A man was fishing. Another one had arrived in a wheelchair. There was no animosity among any of them. It was filled with love, sadness, and a serenity before they showed up.

That's exactly how I saw the day too, through Murt's camera lens, and I'm going to retire for the night with that picture still in my mind.

Same here. I know everyone involved with my grandkids. I make sure that everyone knows me-this includes their teachers. LOL They may think I'm a little too involved!! Better safe than sorry in my book.

You better believe it !:)

You make it sound like the jury has to fill out some form listing what "evidence" they believed was sufficient for each element of the crime in order to convict, and that's not the case. They simply fill in a blank from the choices listed on the verdict form: it's that simple.

No, that isn't what I said. I said that it is all part of the same thing, all elements of a whole to prove who did it beyond a reasonable doubt. As a juror, you can't be left with any questions, like the questions that all of us are grappling with in this forum, for example. Have you just decided that Caylee is dead and KC did it without reading the timelines and trying to make her movements on key days fit? The ping maps to show what she might have done and when? Character references to show motive (party lifestyle, relationships) and most importantly the forensic reports that tell you whether or not Caylee is deceased? All of the same has to be given to the jury, or they wouldn't be able to come to a verdict in a first degree murder trial. They don't just file into the juror's room and fill out a form. They discuss every aspect of the case, and all aspects of it has importance.

I'm sorry, this is way O/T for this thread and doesn't belong here. :(

I'm of the same mind as RR0004 and Turbothink too. After today, many of us that may have been trying to be neutral where the A's are concerned had the decision made for us!! Thanks CA for tipping the scales for us!

I watched what happened today on the live stream with Murt. They only have themselves to blame for the public's perception of them.

I admit, I have never been in their shoes & God know's I would never want to walk a mile in them. But ya know, as much as I love my children, I just know in my heart I could not, would not, help cover up, lie, mislead, control or try to make a buck off my grand child. I love my children to the ends of the earth but I just could not sit back & allow my grand child to be left out in the elements.

And to my beautiful grandson's ( soon to be a thrid one) I love you to the moon and back a million times over.

But CA is human too.. He has hurt them so much by his words.. He has said some pretty bad things (remember, incest?)..I just know that I would despise him so much if I were her, and it would be a SLAP in the face for him to hold a memorial for her.. THE FIRST MEMORIAL?? All others were "vigils"..It is so inappropriate, IMO!

Rob has said some bad things about CA too, has not kept it a secret how he feels either, but Cindy sure didn't let that bother her today. Not unless I mistook that for an "angry" rubbing.

Caylee's family will most likely never give her a memorial service. If they did, I would expect it to come after the trial or whenever the murderer cops a plea. I don't see anything wrong with coming together to remember Caylee. I really don't give a crap what the family thinks either. I'm so over them it's not funny.

Things seemed quite peaceful today until the A's showed up.

I am not an A. I am stating a fact that I know of firsthand because I teach classes in a park and my husband has worked with event planning in public parks.

By the way, I am from MO and lived in Springfield during the time that the mother and the two high school girls went missing. I still wonder about them. I have lived in CA for 8 years now...are there any new leads?

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Redrum8754
Back