How is the Defense Spending the Taxpayer's Money?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Problem is, the Judge has basically over-ruled JAC's objections time and again. He continues to give the defense more hours. Even though at the last hearing the JAC didn't have all their ducks in order, they have, in the past, made strong objections and the judge has not followed their guidelines. Judge has the last word.

Hopefully, like you said, JAC is and WILL BE going over everything with that ole fine tooth comb we've heard so much about.

The Judge always indicates that JAC rules and procedures must be followed in his orders. I just don't know what happens now.

The Judge always indicates that JAC rules and procedures must be followed in his orders. I just don't know what happens now.

And, also has mentioned this several times in the hearings. I think that he knows exactly what is going on, and will take care of it in a way that will not affect Casey's rights to a fair trial.

And, also has mentioned this several times in the hearings. I think that he knows exactly what is going on, and will take care of it in a way that will not affect Casey's rights to a fair trial.

I wonder if this is also going to be mentioned at Monday's hearing? We must be getting down to ten minutes per item if they are to finish by 4:30! I can see this might run into the evening hours, with HHJP rocking all the way.

I wonder if this is also going to be mentioned at Monday's hearing? We must be getting down to ten minutes per item if they are to finish by 4:30! I can see this might run into the evening hours, with HHJP rocking all the way.

Well hey, if Baez and company can do like 50 depos in one afternoon, surely they can get through all of these motions in one afternoon hearing. Piece of cake for them.

Page 22 :

When JAC issues a Billing Audit Deficiency, the investigator and/or attorney needs to provide the additional documentation or otherwise resolve the Billing Audit Deficiency in expeditious fashion. Failure to resolve the Audit Deficiency may result in JAC paying the billing at a reduced rate or returning the bill.

UH OH--might be getting paid the reduced rate P.I lyons!!

A Billing Audit Deficiency was issued before in this case for transcription services. RE: Jennifer Fernandez
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24312538/detail.html

It still does not appear to be fully resolved.
http://www.transparencyflorida.gov/...LI=0TTT&AmtType=O&Vend=JENNIFER+FERNANDEZ&M=Y

One invoice for J. Lyons has not been paid yet, Invoice 10-029 dated 11/23 for 460.00.

A Billing Audit Deficiency was issued before in this case for transcription services. RE: Jennifer Fernandez
http://www.wftv.com/pdf/24312538/detail.html

It still does not appear to be fully resolved.
http://www.transparencyflorida.gov/...LI=0TTT&AmtType=O&Vend=JENNIFER+FERNANDEZ&M=Y

One invoice for J. Lyons has not been paid yet, Invoice 10-029 dated 11/23 for 460.00.

Thanks cherishtoo, for posting the link to the billing audit deficiency. It contained some interesting language, such as "Reasonableness of all bills is determined by the Court."

I'm already poppin' my :popcorn: 'cuz Monday is going to be a "wild ride" and we will need lots of sustenance! LOL! :crazy:

Well hey, if Baez and company can do like 50 depos in one afternoon, surely they can get through all of these motions in one afternoon hearing. Piece of cake for them.

Well, by a look of the few motions we've seen I can understand why the Defense could whiz through them all in an afternoon, but I'm thinking the SA is going to have a something something to say about them too.
...............:poke:

................:python:

Somewhat o/t but I wonder if Baez will ask the JAC for a spinning globe light so ica can dance new years eve away?:great::crazy:

Before I even read the billing and JAC response.......I made these notes.... My thoughts in red.

3/27 Team meeting 6.5 hours. What attorney dedicates 6.5 hours on one billing date for a "team meeting"??

4/5 ATTEMPT to interview witness. So....it is justified to stalk the residence of a POTENTIAL witness for more than 2 hours?????

4/12 Consult with defense atty, review tape, draw up affidavit. "It takes 3 hours?????"

4/13 Review and sign affidavit. 1 hr "It takes an hour to review what you drafted the day before?????:

5/19 Canvass area..... So in other words....drive around aimlessly????

7/30 2.8
7/31 8.7
8/1 5.5
Defense meetings and visiting scene.

"Ummmmmmmmmmm how is it that this month he bills by minute increments yet prior to this he bills on the whole hour????????? Hmmmmmmmmmmmm

Just have to wonder about the timing discrepancies between billing periods. Hmmmmmmmmmm

Lyons needs to lose his license over this. How absurd.

Well, by a look of the few motions we've seen I can understand why the Defense could whiz through them all in an afternoon, but I'm thinking the SA is going to have a something something to say about them too.
...............:poke:

................:python:

Very good point!!!! Wow, this is going to be a heck of a hearing. I am so glad my boss is still on vacation until Tuesday!

In this hearing Baez let the judge know that they are speding money checking backgrounds on the TES searchers!!!! Can you IMAGINE?!!!! http://www.wftv.com/video/23474629/index.html

Linda Drane Burdick and Jeff Ashton are going to confirm the judge's fears that the defense has been wasting the Florida taxpayer's money on a fishing expedition when they depose these ten ( not 100-150 they claimed, by the way ) TES searchers.

I'll bet all the money in my pockets that we are going to learn they have no idea how and why the PI inferred from anything they said to him that they were in the exact spot.

They are going to be shown photos of the exact area under water.
They are going to be shown the sworn statements from the team leaders they were with that indicate indeed they were NOT in that exact spot

and like the two Bretts
Joe Jordan and
Laura Buchanan their testimony under oath in the depo is going to be rather disappointing to the defense. In the words of Mark Nejame, "I am being overly generous in my characterization"!

What by the way is the outcome of the LE ivestigation into Jeremy Lyon? If these TES volunteers have to get lawyers to come to be deposed because like Joe Jordan, and the two Bretts they feel so very , very uncomfortable with the defense tactics and the way they have been misquoted, feel manipulated are alarmed to have heard Baez say the defense was looking into their backgrounds, etc..... in the words of my hero Tim Miller, "I am pissed off about it".

Friends, if you are reading here tonight, hold your head up, tell the truth and if you feel you have anything shady that you want to report.....please DO!!!!!!
Thank you for going to Orlando, on your own dime with a pure heart trying to help in community service to find this baby's body so that , in the words or Roy Kronk, "She could at least have a proper burial". You are American heroes. All of you.:seeya:

You know what's sad, not only are the taxpayers of Florida now paying for this, the witnesses they will call have to hire an atty to defend themselves, everyone involved will have to take off work, those that don't live in the area anymore will have to pay travel and lodging expenses. Innocent people have been involved that shouldn't have been. Names have been drug through the mud, people have been accused of outrageous things, all because ICA lied to cover her...well you know.

CA and GA should be ashamed of themselves. They knew Caylee wasn't being taken care of like she should have been. They should've stepped in when they saw any kind of abuse going on. They were her grandparents for goodness sake.

I am honestly ashamed of the defense and how they have handled this case. Baez had how much money and spent it on what. He is a disgrace to Central FL and all attys. So there ya go. KC locked up and still spending someone else's money! Par for the course.

If I were one of the ones accused you can bet I'd turn around and sue the whole Da*n bunch!

In this hearing Baez let the judge know that they are speding money checking backgrounds on the TES searchers!!!! Can you IMAGINE?!!!! http://www.wftv.com/video/23474629/index.html

Linda Drane Burdick and Jeff Ashton are going to confirm the judge's fears that the defense has been wasting the Florida taxpayer's money on a fishing expedition when they depose these ten ( not 100-150 they claimed, by the way ) TES searchers.

I'll bet all the money in my pockets that we are going to learn they have no idea how and why the PI inferred from anything they said to him that they were in the exact spot.

They are going to be shown photos of the exact area under water.
They are going to be shown the sworn statements from the team leaders they were with that indicate indeed they were NOT in that exact spot

and like the two Bretts
Joe Jordan and
Laura Buchanan their testimony under oath in the depo is going to be rather disappointing to the defense. In the words of Mark Nejame, "I am being overly generous in my characterization"!

What by the way is the outcome of the LE ivestigation into Jeremy Lyon? If these TES volunteers have to get lawyers to come to be deposed because like Joe Jordan, and the two Bretts they feel so very , very uncomfortable with the defense tactics and the way they have been misquoted, feel manipulated are alarmed to have heard Baez say the defense was looking into their backgrounds, etc..... in the words of my hero Tim Miller, "I am pissed off about it".

Friends, if you are reading here tonight, hold your head up, tell the truth and if you feel you have anything shady that you want to report.....please DO!!!!!!
Thank you for going to Orlando, on your own dime with a pure heart trying to help in community service to find this baby's body so that , in the words or Roy Kronk, "She could at least have a proper burial". You are American heroes. All of you.:seeya:

This Thursday, the State Prosecutors will depose the NEW witnesses/TES searchers

http://www.wesh.com/r/26520562/detail.html
Prosecution Gets Chance To Grill New Casey Witnesses
Witnesses Will Be Questioned By Prosecutors This Week Under Oath

http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/en...tvguy+(TV+Guy)&utm_content=Google+Feedfetcher
Casey Anthony: What will new defense witnesses say now?

You know what's sad, not only are the taxpayers of Florida now paying for this, the witnesses they will call have to hire an atty to defend themselves, everyone involved will have to take off work, those that don't live in the area anymore will have to pay travel and lodging expenses. Innocent people have been involved that shouldn't have been. Names have been drug through the mud, people have been accused of outrageous things, all because ICA lied to cover her...well you know.

CA and GA should be ashamed of themselves. They knew Caylee wasn't being taken care of like she should have been. They should've stepped in when they saw any kind of abuse going on. They were her grandparents for goodness sake.

I am honestly ashamed of the defense and how they have handled this case. Baez had how much money and spent it on what. He is a disgrace to Central FL and all attys. So there ya go. KC locked up and still spending someone else's money! Par for the course.

If I were one of the ones accused you can bet I'd turn around and sue the whole Da*n bunch!

Could NeJame step in here and act as their attorney for the deposition, since they were searching under the 'umbrella' of TES, does anyone know?

Third Motion for additional hours of investigation
http://www.wesh.com/pdf/26557886/detail.html

WESH just posted this motion 1/20/2011, yet the clerk of courts records doesn't seem to have shown it yet as "filed." Nor is their date/time stamp on the copy of the motion shown just posted by WESH.

How thoughtful of JB to include a blank order for His Honor's convenience. Because clearly His Honor doesn't have one at the ready on his own computer.

This would be more appropriate IMO.....

checklist.JPG

How thoughtful of JB to include a blank order for His Honor's convenience. Because clearly His Honor doesn't have one at the ready on his own computer.

It kills me how they actually assume that JAC will not want to have another hearing on this!

The defense was told by HHBPJ that there was no way that he would give them a blank cheque...Isn't that blank order the equivalent?

They believe everything HHBPJ says to them is negotiable and none of the orders or conditions apply to them!

So...will the Judge sign it or not? Will JAC oppose the motion or not?!

WOW!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
issy565