How is the Defense Spending the Taxpayer's Money?

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm having problems understanding why at this point in the case, an investigator would be picking up employment records from Kodak. I would assume that this task would have been done much, much, much earlier in this case, way back before Casey was declared "indigent."

Well, you see, the reason they could not have done it 'much earlier, way back before KC was declared indigent' was because then the defense team would have had to pay for it themselves.

A little OT, but an observation of mine: Casey has a lot of Hispanic people on her team for someone who has accused a Hispanic woman of kidnapping and murdering her baby.

I also don't understand why a lot of this work wasn't done before? It makes absolutely no sense that they didn't do a lot of this work early on. They are doing this stuff less than four months until trial and I don't think Judge Perry is going to delay this trial just because they chose not to start actually working until Casey was declared indigent.

And wouldn't that be a task that an administrative assistant could do, and not pay investigator prices to do?

LOL. I was an admin for a law firm at one time. They don't have time, really they don't and for what they get paid which is almost as much as the paralegals not worth it. Plus I would think there could be an insurance issue. The company I worked for used couriers or Fedex.

If they WAITED all this time to pick up her records from Kodak what would be the big hurry now and why in the name of......Mickey Mouse....would they need to send Mr. PI over to get it when he is suppose to be doing investigative work that the office staff cannot do. If JB has him doing office related duties then JB should be paying for him. jmo

And wouldn't that be a task that an administrative assistant could do, and not pay investigator prices to do?
I just noticed that the invoice says "G Colon" also "conduct interview" at Kodak ....

Are you serious? Middle initial wouldn't be "I" would it????

Those could have been subpoenaed. Simple. No investigator required.

Such a simple solution. And, I guess that the defense must not have thought that the State releasing these records as "Discovery" was good enough for them. I believe I've seen them in two different Doc Dumps.

I'm having problems understanding why at this point in the case, an investigator would be picking up employment records from Kodak. I would assume that this task would have been done much, much, much earlier in this case, way back before Casey was declared "indigent."

Those could have been subpoenaed. Simple. No investigator required.

I had another thought - :idea:
Seriously...well, kinda. Maybe they did subpoena them (because I cannot imagine it being done any other way) but the defense felt something was missing. Maybe he needed to search for the "Employee of the Month" award certificate. :innocent:

I thought they had to hire an out of state investigator for out of state work.

I also noticed that he didn't charge for the 8 hrs he spent in the office meeting on this invoice.

I'm thinking they want to frame her "employee of the year" award for a display in the mitigation phase. Seriously, CA did say that as well as the "mother of the year".

I had another thought - :idea:
Seriously...well, kinda. Maybe they did subpoena them (because I cannot imagine it being done any other way) but the defense felt something was missing. Maybe he needed to search for the "Employee of the Month" award certificate. :innocent:

I swear she said "employee of the year" because at the time I thought now that's ridiculous. Employee of the month maybe but year??? Now I want to try and find that. I forget when she said that. FBI maybe

ETA: hee hee hee I googled it and guess what was the first result:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67815"]Casey Anthony - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

see post 3

I swear she said "employee of the year" because at the time I thought now that's ridiculous. Employee of the month maybe but year??? Now I want to try and find that. I forget when she said that. FBI maybe

Ya'll are evidently confused! It is employee of the month and MOTHER OF THE YEAR.

ETA: hee hee hee I googled it and guess what was the first result:

Casey Anthony - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

see post 3

excerpt:
7-22-2008
We've learned she worked at a Kodak kiosk at Universal for a while where her mom says she was once 'employee of the year.
from a WDBO article no longer online

No! I remember thinking it sounded preposterous! She said YEAR!:floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

excerpt:
"Cindy Anthony said that, before Caylee was born, Casey Anthony's passion was photography.
"She just lucked into a photography job at Universal Studios, not at Universal Studios, but for Kodak, and she has a plaque. She was the employee of the year," Cindy Anthony said."

LOL. I was an admin for a law firm at one time. They don't have time, really they don't and for what they get paid which is almost as much as the paralegals not worth it. Plus I would think there could be an insurance issue. The company I worked for used couriers or Fedex.

If they WAITED all this time to pick up her records from Kodak what would be the big hurry now and why in the name of......Mickey Mouse....would they need to send Mr. PI over to get it when he is suppose to be doing investigative work that the office staff cannot do. If JB has him doing office related duties then JB should be paying for him. jmo

Respectfully beg to disagree :blowkiss:
All it would have taken would be a standard form of subpoena to non-party, slapping a $15.00 check with it (or whatever the going rate is there in Orlando) and voila......a few weeks later you have documents magically appear right in your mailbox. In fact, we had these forms as a macro, where all you had to do was fill in the name, address of the non party, and generate your document. Send it over to the courthouse for the clerk to sign and there ya go. Seriously much cheaper and much more effective, evidently in this case.

Thanks! Of course! I should've figured it was as prestigious as "Employee of the Year."

Never gave it much thought since I believe it only existed in KC's imaginary arsenal. ;)

Yeah, I remember Cindy proudly proclaiming that Casey was once Employee of the Year.

Well, the defense is probably trying to get negitives of all of the pictures that Casey took while working there...........in a backwards sort of way so that they can redirect their search for the Nanny.

Watch for it.....as sure as the sun shines in Sunny Florida.

Thanks! Of course! I should've figured it was as prestigious as "Employee of the Year."

Never gave it much thought since I believe it only existed in KC's imaginary arsenal. ;)

It's probably something Casey whipped up herself from a computer card program.

To bad she didn't think to do the same for her high school diploma so she wouldn't have to have had that nasty little scene with her parents on the big day.

She could have played "sick" the day of the graduation, and, still gone ahead with her party, just like they did anyway.:crazy:

excerpt:
"Cindy Anthony said that, before Caylee was born, Casey Anthony's passion was photography.
"She just lucked into a photography job at Universal Studios, not at Universal Studios, but for Kodak, and she has a plaque. She was the employee of the year," Cindy Anthony said."

Just a mistatement, mis-truth, half-truth. You know... Anthonyionics.

These people simply amaze me how they can re-write Casey's history.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jnmeep
Back