How the defense team used social media to their advantage

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder where this falls into Florida Bar Rules 4.3.3 of Candor Toward the Tribunal that HHJP mentioned in his probation order yesterday???

All of the cases that I looked up, which are referenced in 4.3.3 seem to have some striking similarities wrt presenting fraudulent information to the court and jurors.

Thanks for the warning, I needed it.

Well, we knew they were reading here as they have confirmed.

So Baez isn't some brilliant defense attorney? He had to lift ideas from "idiot bloggers?" Color me shocked!:rolleyes:

The trial by jury of peers guaranteed as a constitutional right should reflect our modern world by way of new amendments. I believe that the traditional jury envisioned by our nation's founders was formed with intent to protect citizens from corrupt officials and provide the accused with a fair trial. We have come a long unimaginable way from those early days when our nation was new and undisturbed by instant communication devices and the mass media. Today's jurors, during the selection stage, might as well be probed as if they were aliens from outer space. As we have learned, the DT may leave nothing to chance in investigating and sizing up potential jurors. Newer technology, aided by consultants using electronic devices, bear no resemblance to the original concept of twelve citizens, without prejudice, selected to examine evidence to determine guilt or innocence of the accused. The amount of electronic data flowing from consultants to advisers to defense attorneys, turns the once fair and balanced jury trial into a trial by manipulation and strategy, and can sway minds who had no opinions before the trial began. I am appalled by the amount of truth-twisting and outright perjury that was allowed in the courtroom. Cell phones, laptops, other communication devices along with a stage director and advisors turned this trial into a choreographed, corrupt crock of crap. This was a mockery of our justice system.

This is about as nauseating as the verdict!!!
A compilation of all of this correspondence should be sent to all of the major networks to ponder so they decide if they'd like any of these talentless "officers" of the court to be legal commentators on their shows.
Texting in court, during a trial should be illegal! Pretty soon we won't need real people as attorneys, we can just have robots who text and are spoon fed thoughts.

The trial by jury of peers guaranteed as a constitutional right should reflect our modern world by way of new amendments. I believe that the traditional jury envisioned by our nation's founders was formed with intent to protect citizens from corrupt officials and provide the accused with a fair trial. We have come a long unimaginable way from those early days when our nation was new and undisturbed by instant communication devices and the mass media. Today's jurors, during the selection stage, might as well be probed as if they were aliens from outer space. As we have learned, the DT may leave nothing to chance in investigating and sizing up potential jurors. Newer technology, aided by consultants using electronic devices, bear no resemblance to the original concept of twelve citizens, without prejudice, selected to examine evidence to determine guilt or innocence of the accused. The amount of electronic data flowing from consultants to advisers to defense attorneys, turns the once fair and balanced jury trial into a trial by manipulation and strategy, and can sway minds who had no opinions before the trial began. I am appalled by the amount of truth-twisting and outright perjury that was allowed in the courtroom. Cell phones, laptops, other communication devices along with a stage director and advisors turned this trial into a choreographed, corrupt crock of crap. This was a mockery of our justice system.

Exactly. All the texting and nonsense was disgraceful. Jury consultants should be disallowed. What is the purpose of allowing such people to game the system and basically subvert the concept of a fair trial.

This makes me feel as though good legal expertise is trumped by social media opinion in the courtroom. The defense was partially based on anonymous opinions. Not only are the lawyers manipulated by the opinions out there on the social media networks, the jurors are also manipulated.

As we have read, the opinions are ever changing just like a leaf blowing in the wind. I shudder to think that an opinion I may have posted on a certain day may have contributed to this mess. We are human beings and our opinions may shift according to our mood on a daily or hourly basis, by rumor, by the media or by what may be going on in our own lives or the stock market or whatever.

If I had been a juror on this case, I would be feeling very angered right now. These jurors supposedly did not know very much about the case and had not researched the internet about it, yet their decision was in some respects manipulated by the very thing that they had been admonished repeatedly by the Judge to avoid. Is it in any respect fair that they were then "handled" according to what was out there on the social networks? Where exactly does that fit into our justice system?

Any doofus can stand at the podium and check his text messages to see which question to ask of a witness. That takes no legal expertise. All it takes is a puppet.

No wonder the opening statement sounded like it came from a group of bloggers. jmo

Perfect. Thank you, Caligram! :goodpost:

Bumping this thread in light of new posts regarding jury consultants and social media.

thanks to Stmarysmead for this topic. I somehow missed it! How does that actually happen????

I for one would like to see a statement by the Florida Bar and ABA regarding the ethics of social media manipulation in trial. Even better, an official opinion statement on the matter.

No wonder the opening statement sounded like it came from a group of bloggers. jmo

and don't forget how he asked the Judge if anyone needed to take a break during his opening statement, and no one needed a break...!!! except him..!!
I always thought he twisted himself up into his lies so deep , that he confused himself.... and now to find out, he needed to check his messages...
How pathetic...!!!!!!

and don't forget how he asked the Judge if anyone needed to take a break during his opening statement, and no one needed a break...!!! except him..!! I always thought he twisted himself up into his lies so deep , that he confused himself.... and now to find out, he needed to check his messages...
How pathetic...!!!!!!

BBM

I just now "got it". JB needed to measure his "storytelling" approval rating before he left the stage errrrrr floor.

Regarding a tweet by Amy S*inger...

AmySinger0908 Amy Singer
I have an interesting murder case. FOr those of you who like to help "solve" my cases, please email me privately at XXXX
21 Oct 09

http://twitter.com/#!/amysinger0908

I have a question, albeit a late one.

Just how does a jury consultant "solve" a murder case?

I guess she really meant "manipulate and mitigate".

Just thought about this....

All the threats made by the defense team promising legal action against bloggers, posters, and people with opinions will be rendered moot in light of Ms. Singer's admission of social media manipulation.

So all those no life lazy bloggers should be sure to remember that the defense team actually thanks you. Hmmmmmmmm wonder if we could petition the JAC for payments?/

Seriously, where have you been for the past 2 -3 years? Social media (SM) has sucked the life out of us. It almost dictates everything we do, how we think, how we behave. You can resist as much as you like, SM has become ingrained in our lives and is steering behaviours and reactions. I'm not surprised the DT looked at SM for direction. It's not rocket science to gauge general reactions and feelings via any platform. We're all whoring ourselves on the Internet ... why is this case any different.

We fed this machine, everyone needs to take some responsibility if the DT truly looked at SM for direction.

BBM - One, I do not consider my opinions posted as "whoring" myself on the internet. Two, just because social media exists does not give the DT the right to "pull a strategy out of the air" which in essence is what was done here. This kind of activity is in no way close to what our "justice" system is supposed to be about. This was game playing at best.

So Baez isn't some brilliant defense attorney? He had to lift ideas from "idiot bloggers?" Color me shocked!:rolleyes:

Well,clearly they missed all the posts about how stupid Casey looked pumping her chair down til she was almost chin level with the table. :loser:

This makes me feel as though good legal expertise is trumped by social media opinion in the courtroom. The defense was partially based on anonymous opinions. Not only are the lawyers manipulated by the opinions out there on the social media networks, the jurors are also manipulated.

As we have read, the opinions are ever changing just like a leaf blowing in the wind. I shudder to think that an opinion I may have posted on a certain day may have contributed to this mess. We are human beings and our opinions may shift according to our mood on a daily or hourly basis, by rumor, by the media or by what may be going on in our own lives or the stock market or whatever.

If I had been a juror on this case, I would be feeling very angered right now. These jurors supposedly did not know very much about the case and had not researched the internet about it, yet their decision was in some respects manipulated by the very thing that they had been admonished repeatedly by the Judge to avoid. Is it in any respect fair that they were then "handled" according to what was out there on the social networks? Where exactly does that fit into our justice system?

Any doofus can stand at the podium and check his text messages to see which question to ask of a witness. That takes no legal expertise. All it takes is a puppet.

and one did. it's not justice, it's a stage production

I was looking at the film of the A's visiting the swamp on Caylee's birthday. Here I see Cindy with her camera and pretty boy George trying to be social. Can you imagine what is going on in A's heads. Bringing a camera to a place your worthless daughter dumped a child in a garbage bag with a smirk on her face. Why in heck would you want to remember this? This would be the last place I would want to be socializing parading around with a camera. They are stuck between a rock and a hardplace. They want closure? Closure knowing a body was tossed in the swamp around the corner of your house? A child drowns in a pool and you keep the pool for a memorial? These people are beyond the twilight zone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saglimtas20