HPV vaccine mandatory for all texas girls

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Thank you Autumn. I am also worried about long term consequences since the drug has no longterm studies. I wonder if drug companies could have produced this vaccination some time back so that some of the young women who have contracted the virus might have been helped.

My daughter is 18 and she has taken the shot (actually a series of 3 shots, as I recall)...gladly! We had discussed it with her Doc and decided it was in her best interest. We want her protected from this particular cancer, if at all possible. This isn't about sex...it is about seeing our daughters are free from a horrible disease! Whether we like it or not, the sad reality in the world we live in today...females are having sex at younger and younger ages. I think ages 9-11 are perfect time to give the shots. :twocents:

My girl is 13 and I have mixed emotions on getting her this vaccine. My friend from Texas just called me last night to tell me about it so I am just barely hearing about all this. I would do anything to protect my daughter and keep her healthy and if this is a vaccine that could cut the risk dramatically from my baby getting cervical cancer then I feel its a wonderful idea and want to go for it. On the other hand...what do we really know so far about this? I don't want to ruin her future by getting her this shot then in 5 yrs they say something along the lines of women who got this shot are now unable to have children or their children will be born with severe birth defects etc etc...I am with most of you guys I need to know a little bit more about it first. The DODDS schools over here in Germany arent talking about it yet so I don't know that it will be mandatory here anytime soon.

I am pretty much with you on this one! I just wonder if you don't mind sharing a little bit about what your daughters doctor told you about it? If that is being too nosey then don't mind me but I am really curious and like you I want to protect my daughter whenever humanly possible!

SeriouslySearching said:
My daughter is 18 and she has taken the shot (actually a series of 3 shots, as I recall)...gladly! We had discussed it with her Doc and decided it was in her best interest. We want her protected from this particular cancer, if at all possible. This isn't about sex...it is about seeing our daughters are free from a horrible disease! Whether we like it or not, the sad reality in the world we live in today...females are having sex at younger and younger ages. I think ages 9-11 are perfect time to give the shots. :twocents:

:( Oh rayray...i'm so sorry.

rayray said:
I am 24 years old.. When I was 17, I was diagnosed with HPV.. I have had cells scraped off my cervix, and actually had part of my cervix removed to make sure all of the cancerous cells were removed, not to mention pap smears very frequently. There is scarring on my cervix that may cause me to not be able to bear children. I still may contract cancer.
If I had children, you'd be damn sure she would be getting this shot. I have been through hell and back, and who knows what lies ahead.

Thanks mygirlsadie.. It's hard, but it's something I need to deal with. I just want other people to be aware of the situation that this shot can alleviate.

rayray- Im sorry you went through this, when you do become pregnant insist on a maternal fetal medicinist and a cerclage at 13 weeks. I personally know of 5 ladies on forums who were able to have children with incompetent cervixes because of this. Im not sure if theirs were due to hpv or not but they had the same issues you might have. As I said my best friend was able to get through this also.

txsvicki said:
Thank you Autumn. I am also worried about long term consequences since the drug has no longterm studies.
a lot of drugs have no "long term" studies, unfortunately.
And what's the long term affect of chemotherapy, for example, really?

Take a precaution or don't... either way, there are risks unfortunately.
I can say, without the shot, I went through massive pain and fear.
That is all I know for fact.
Post- or long-term affects could be painful, too. Never know.
But I doubt they are as severe as many people might think.
I am no expert though.

txsvicki said:
I wonder if drug companies could have produced this vaccination some time back so that some of the young women who have contracted the virus might have been helped.
I totally agree. I would've loved to have been helped, personally.

SeriouslySearching said:
You're right, it is not about sex.... and girls are having sex at a yonger age.

The first guy I ever slept with always used protection, and he was a doctor. I felt safe.
The second guy, though, I thought was my true love and I lived with him.
Then I developed this particular cancer and was told it was from "dirty sex".
(in so many words...)

I was actually 25, not 23 now that I recalculated.
And I was terrified.
I would bet someone under 17 who gets this "disease" that leads to cancer might be afraid to talk to her parents about it.
I can't imagine how scared young girls would be... and ashamed.
It really is an embarrassing illness. I felt violated.

I have a mild strain of this. And my doctor also informed me that protection doesn't necessarily prevent it as it is from skin to skin contact.

SeriouslySearching said:

Thanks for the info. My daughter and I have discussed this and she and I agree that taking the shot(s) is a good idea and she wants to have it/them.

Jeana (DP) said:
Thanks for the info. My daughter and I have discussed this and she and I agree that taking the shot(s) is a good idea and she wants to have it/them.
I'm calling a friend of mine that's an OB/GYN today to see if she can give this to my daughter. I think it's a good thing.

Both of my girls had their first shots this week. I am not sure how I feel about it becoming a required vaccination for school entry.

Would someone please tell me how much the shots cost. Here at work, we have a 22 year old who is trying to get our health insurance to pay the full amount. According to her, the series of shots costs several hundred dollars. I couldn't answer her on this.

BarnGoddess said:
Would someone please tell me how much the shots cost. Here at work, we have a 22 year old who is trying to get our health insurance to pay the full amount. According to her, the series of shots costs several hundred dollars. I couldn't answer her on this.
Sorry, I don't know the answer to that... I only asked if it was covered by our insurance (it is).

Immunizations are not a good thing. I've learned so much about vaccines since our son's horrific reaction to a whole cell DPT shot at the age of four months. His reaction was so severe, it was noted in his medical file and he was medically exempted from the pertussis component of the DPT vaccine. My red flags were up all over the place after what we saw happened to our son, so I decided to further research the whole area of vaccines. Let's just say that what I uncovered shocked me to my core. The first book I read was, "DPT - A Shot In The Dark," by Barbara Loe Fisher. Her son, too, suffered horrendous side effects from the SAME vaccine as our son had.

One piece of information led me to another and soon, I was involved in political legislation and started my own support group for those families dealing with vaccine injuries and/or deaths, due to vaccines.

The road to hell is sometimes paved with good intentions. The sheer amount of corruption in the Big Pharma industry and its allegiance and alliances with Corporate Greed is enough to keep one reading for hours on end.

A good source of information on vaccines and their harmful effects is Ingri Cassel's website, "VacLib." Just plug in her name and you should find it easily enough. Another website worth perusing is the National Vaccine Information Center, started by Kathi Williams and Barbara Loe Fisher.

One of the first friends I made in Denver when we first relocated there years ago (we're now in CA), was a veterinary assistant who lost their baby daughter to one of the so-called mandated vaccines. They were eventually compensated by our government to the tune of $250,000.00 for her daughter's death, but as she said to me, "NOTHING will ever bring back our baby girl." I felt so unbelievably sorry for my friend. Her loss was obviously painful and life-long.

We no longer vaccinate our son. We were told his vaccine reaction would most likely cause severe academic issues for him, as various parts of his brain were affected. Today, Ryan has been diagnosed with severe dysgraphia, severe deficits in higher order speech/language areas, and a true deficit in an inability to grasp math issues.

However, with appropriate interventions in various therapies and tutoring, he is now doing well in school, thank goodness.

We were lucky...we didn't lose our son. But I'd been warned by a dear friend of mine about the inherent dangers of vaccines and yet, after I gave birth to Ryan, I proceeded to have him vaccinated anyway. I succombed to the pressure and I will always live with that guilt.

I no longer tread on 'tippy toes' in discussing this subject. I realize this is a controversial and highly personal topic, but I know what I know and I have vowed to speak up whenever I can.

Dr. Len Horowitz is a great source of inspiration and information regarding the vaccine issue. His website is also a must read for anyone studying this subject.

PLEASE READ this link re: the new vaccine now being 'mandated' in Texas. And by the way, the PR nonsense re: the Texas Governor's mandate re: this vaccine is just that...PR. Texas now has all three exemptions re: vaccinations, i.e., medical, religious AND philosophical. You do NOT need to have your daughter vaccinated with this vaccine. There just isn't enough space here, nor time, for me to delve into all the controversy regarding this vaccine. Suffice to say this is a live virus vaccine and the reactions are now starting to pour in.

Here's the link: http://www.washingtontimes.com/business/20070202-100152-9747r.htm;

Here's a snip:

..."Negative side effects of Gardasil, a new Merck vaccine to prevent the sexually transmitted virus that causes cervical cancer, are being reported in the District of Columbia and 20 states, including Virginia. The reactions range from loss of consciousness to seizures."

"Young girls are experiencing severe headaches, dizziness, temporary loss of vision and some girls have lost consciousness during what appear to be seizures," said Vicky Debold, health policy analyst for the National Vaccine Information Center, a nonprofit watchdog organization that was created in the early 1980s to prevent vaccine injuries."

"Following federal approval of the vaccine in July 2006, a storm of legislation was introduced across the nation that would make the vaccine mandatory in schools. The District and Virginia are part of a group of at least 17 states considering such legislation. A measure had been introduced in Maryland, but it was shelved last week over concerns about the mandatory language in the bill...."

Kim Ii said:
Immunizations are not a good thing. I've learned so much about vaccines since our son's horrific reaction to a whole cell DPT shot at the age of four months. His reaction was so severe, it was noted in his medical file and he was medically exempted from the pertussis component of the DPT vaccine. My red flags were up all over the place after what we saw happened to our son, so I decided to further research the whole area of vaccines. Let's just say that what I uncovered shocked me to my core. The first book I read was, "DPT - A Shot In The Dark," by Barbara Loe Fisher. Her son, too, suffered horrendous side effects from the SAME vaccine as our son had.

One piece of information led me to another and soon, I was involved in political legislation and started my own support group for those families dealing with vaccine injuries and/or deaths, due to vaccines.

The road to hell is sometimes paved with good intentions. The sheer amount of corruption in the Big Pharma industry and its allegiance and alliances with Corporate Greed is enough to keep one reading for hours on end.

A good source of information on vaccines and their harmful effects is Ingri Cassel's website, "VacLib." Just plug in her name and you should find it easily enough. Another website worth perusing is the National Vaccine Information Center, started by Kathi Williams and Barbara Loe Fisher.

One of the first friends I made in Denver when we first relocated there years ago (we're now in CA), was a veterinary assistant who lost their baby daughter to one of the so-called mandated vaccines. They were eventually compensated by our government to the tune of $250,000.00 for her daughter's death, but as she said to me, "NOTHING will ever bring back our baby girl." I felt so unbelievably sorry for my friend. Her loss was obviously painful and life-long.

We no longer vaccinate our son. We were told his vaccine reaction would most likely cause severe academic issues for him, as various parts of his brain were affected. Today, Ryan has been diagnosed with severe dysgraphia, severe deficits in higher order speech/language areas, and a true deficit in an inability to grasp math issues.

However, with appropriate interventions in various therapies and tutoring, he is now doing well in school, thank goodness.

We were lucky...we didn't lose our son. But I'd been warned by a dear friend of mine about the inherent dangers of vaccines and yet, after I gave birth to Ryan, I proceeded to have him vaccinated anyway. I succombed to the pressure and I will always live with that guilt.

I no longer tread on 'tippy toes' in discussing this subject. I realize this is a controversial and highly personal topic, but I know what I know and I have vowed to speak up whenever I can.

Dr. Len Horowitz is a great source of inspiration and information regarding the vaccine issue. His website is also a must read for anyone studying this subject.
Wow. So sad for your son. And your friends who had daughter who actually died due to the vaccination!!! Did she have an allergic reaction to it, or was it the vaccine itself??

I've been leery of vaccines, although I have always gotten my kids vaccinated and there has never been any problems because of it. I guess we were lucky.

My very good friend does not vaccinate her little boy. He is 2 years old now, and they (doctors) wanted to start vaccinating him in the hospital. She refused and was treated like a common criminal. They even went so far as threatening her with getting CPS involved---can you believe that??????? She is probably the best mother I know, too....much more patient than I am, LOL, and the thought of doctors calling CPS on her is just mind-boggling---especially for something that she has every right to make a decision against.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez
Back