Huckaby defense seeks second Sandra Cantu autopsy

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Historical statistics.

which are guidelines (generally accurate) but they aren't absolute. There are outliers and this may be one.

If there was evidence or strong documentation leaning towards other suspects, so be it. So far, we have none. Historical statistics can be wrong, especially if our dependence on them seems based on social/moral presumptions (which are sometimes infused with a cultural bias and therefore largely unquestioned). That just doesn't make a heck of a lot of sense to me.

I'm amazed by some of the assumptions that have been foisted on this case - few of which are based on fact, even if categorized statistically, but still most of which are based on subjective assumption (my own included).

But you seem to have a healthy objectivity, and I guess it makes sense that you would stand on the side of strong statistics, but don't you think that the possibility of this being an outlier is possible unless proven otherwise?

Why should we assume anything that contradicts the available evidence?

...Historical statistics can be wrong...

...but don't you think that the possibility of this being an outlier is possible unless proven otherwise?

Why should we assume anything that contradicts the available evidence?

Anything is possible.... although some things are more probable. Huckaby could well have acted alone but this is unlikely. As far as the available evidence is concerned the key word is "available". Not all the evidence has been made available yet so it would be premature to reach any concrete conclusions at this point.

very well said, QNA - we're all playing with speculation at this point....

Can someone provide the time/date/location of the hearing scheduled in this matter and perhaps post it to the Astrology thread on Sandra?

Thank you,
Soulscape

"...[Sam] Behar has two options: to make his case before the state's 3rd District Court of Appeal or to wait for next Friday's scheduled hearing in Stockton. ..."

Here is the link

Searching - do we really know that Behar has ignored available evidence? The problem is - if a defense is allowed A, B or C, they're not going to accept not getting A, B or C... whether it seems deserved or not. Denying them such seems to lead to an even less favorable outcome.

Believe me - I could not be any less sympathetic for the defense than I am. If shown a photo of my daughter, many people would say she was a twin or sister of Sandra. They look that much alike. I'm startled every time I see Sandra's picture in the news... I think it makes me harder on the state for that reason, maybe... I want this done right.

Law and legal procedures are convoluted - and often irrational. The only thing that really seems to matter is that both sides have equal footing on all terms.

I think the biggest mistake may be in proceeding with the burial so rapidly. That goes against everything I feel emotionally, as a parent or otherwise, but I'm puzzled that given the fact that the primary judge is not available, given that the defense was not formally assigned and given that the likelihood of the defense arguing on anything - I think the family was ill-advised because it would have been far less painful if this had been argued before the final placement rather than after.

I don't see that they buried her rapidly. We always bury our loved ones within a few days of death. While a funeral is for memorializing a loved one it is also (to me) a last public display of your grief. I'm always glad when it's over so I can get on with grieving privately.

Off Topic: I like the fact we are a state who takes seriously the issue of protecting ourselves and our loved ones. With the "Make My Day" Law and the "Stand Your Ground" Law in place...it puts justice within reach to prevent becoming victims of brutal crimes.

We are a society in trouble with the crime rates, a lousy legal system, and the inability to control either. This is a first line of a defense to protect ourselves and our families who are failed by the police whose hands are legally tied and the lawyers, judges, and juries who won't or can't keep the evil off the streets.

Boomer Sooner.

On Topic: This wouldn't have helped Sandra or those victims like her who prey upon our children. They are the most frightening of all perps, imo. They are the ones who pretend to be your friends, are your family members, or who are in positions of authority over our children. The reality is there is little we can do to protect our society against people like this if they really want to do harm.

The right to a fair trial is the backbone of our legal system.
It has gotten to the point where you can't simply tell the truth in court anymore. I heard a talking head mention that a "guilty" plea isn't advised for any defendant in any court until later. Fair?

The backbone of our legal system has gone so far to the crooked side that an extraction of the spinal column wouldn't straighten it out. The very lawyers making or lobbying for the laws to protect the perps instead of the victims are the ones who are also making the money off the backs of the perps AND their victims (which of course is only my opinion).

Three options.

He could withdraw the request.

That would be a disservice to his client and the whole legal system for that matter... not to mention his professional obligations as a defense attorney.

If you stood accused and felt that the charges against you were erroneous wouldn't you want your attorney to do everything in his power to exonerate you?

I'm am going off topic to the previous posts in this thread, but I wanted to add some thoughts that I had about the defense's request for the disenterment of Sandra so that a second autopsy could be scheduled.

I can't address what is standard procedure for that jurisdiction of CA because I have no knowledge as to what is standard. I can't address why this should be done, or why it shouldn't be done...because again, I have no training or knowledge in legal affairs.

I didn't join WS because I can argue legalities. I do read carefully the posts of those that post here that are knowledgable in those matters.

I am here at WS because I came to the determination to join after reading the Forum Information & Esoterica and that WS is a victim advocating website.

So after sharing all that, here are my thoughts, it may be or may not be correct in disentering Sandra...but I see it as salt in a wound that will never heal for her family.

It's an affront and I can't imagine the additional pain that this must be causing them at this time. In fact, it makes me nauseous to even contemplate how Sandra's family must be feeling after this latest development after watching them grieve and mourn yesterday at Sandra's memorial. Seeing Sandra's Mother looking physically and emotionally exhausted, seeing Sandra's sisters pain so clearly in their faces...So no I don't agree with removing Sandra from her final resting place...and those are the reasons why.

I'm just a middle aged Mom and am only here to share my opinions and support for the victims who have threads on WS.

God bless Sandra's family, they are going to need it now more than ever.

I am going to throw my two cents in thi heavily debated topic. Agree or disagree I do not care.
The Cantu family wants justice done for Sandra right now. I firmly think they know that Sandra's sprit left the her body the last time to took her last breath.If a second autopsy will help to convict the prep or prepss I think Sandra body needs to be exhumed As all the body was is the shell that held Sandra's spirit inside.If this helps the DA or the defense more to bring to justice the person or people which I think this was a solo act to justice. Let the defense do the second one.What I think they will find is a Solo prep.

I am going to throw my two cents in thi heavily debated topic. Agree or disagree I do not care.
The Cantu family wants justice done for Sandra right now. I firmly think they know that Sandra's sprit left the her body the last time to took her last breath.If a second autopsy will help to convict the prep or prepss I think Sandra body needs to be exhumed As all the body was is the shell that held Sandra's spirit inside.If this helps the DA or the defense more to bring to justice the person or people which I think this was a solo act to justice. Let the defense do the second one.What I think they will find is a Solo prep.

JDB although it is clear from our posts that we have different views on whether or not Sandra should have a second autopsy. I want you to know that the logical way you put your opinion, gives me some comfort when I think of Sandra's family and their pain right now. Thank you.

JDB although it is clear from our posts that we have different views on whether or not Sandra should have a second autopsy. I want you to know that the logical way you put your opinion, gives me some comfort when I think of Sandra's family and their pain right now. Thank you.

Kat yes we might diffre with veiws here. But I can nan tell all you want is JUSTICEE for Sandra as well as I do.IMHO if there are more then one Prep (which I doubt) I want JusticeNo if and ors about it. I can see Sandra skipping along on the streets of gold with Conner and Caylee.With Laci leading hem

Knock it off with the witch hunt and torch references. This is a forum and we can agree to disagree without the nastiness. The posters here have a right to their opinion on this case and on punishment, on both sides, however noone has the right to chastise another on the thread. This is not a court of law and we can speculate as much as we want to here.

(my bolding)

This is the most plausible scenario.

It may be the most plausible but I don't care if she didn't participate alone. She participated so she deserves to be punished. If there are others, I feel certain they will be arrested and punished also. But right now, the evidence that we have seen points to MH and to MH alone.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024
Back