Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This morning's fire map and evacuation map:
http://www.sdcountyemergency.com/newsreleases/102307_0530_Evac_FirePerim.pdf

They've improved it with page numbers on the squares so you can more easily figure out where a particular spot is.

Witch fire looks like it will make the coast - Del Mar fairgrounds is in a pretty brushy area - they're definitely in a little trouble. Harris fire has moved a ton since last night. I think until the Santa Ana winds blow themselves out (this never happens, that they last this long), all the firefighters can do is try to slow it and protect houses, nothing more.

Oh, and the hotels are saying they're full up - all of them. And with new evacuations in Del Mar, at least one hotel has had to evacuate.

Can you imagine - all the hotels in a tourist town are full - San Diego has tons of hotels.
You can see where the Orange County/San Diego county line is. That is San Clemente immeidately over the county line. Pendleton stands between us and the rice fire.

I knew I should have planned on no rainfall and drought before I moved here.
I think what many do not realize is that many of these places burning have never burned and that is part of the problem.

LOL JBean. I thought that CA was going to fall into the ocean with the earthquakes, not burn up! :)

I am not making light of the situation, just stating that the fact is that you are not 100% safe no matter where you live. The same could be said for the people who live on the east coast and south with the hurricanes; midwest with tornados and flooding, the west with fires, earthquakes, mudslides. The majority of our lives are spent with fine living conditions, but then something happens and things change. It is sad that people are losing their houses, businesses etc, but I am so thankful that so few people have gotten hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member