UK 'Human' remains found at industrial estate in Darwen,Wednesday, February 7

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

RobinCAL

Reaction score

A large emergency service presence has been reported in Marsh House Lane, where it is believed 'human' remains were found on land connected to the industrial estate yesterday (Wednesday, February 7).

The worker, who did not wish to be named, said: “We were just clearing up and tidying up some rubbish at the back of the units, it was around 11am.

“I had a wheelbarrow and my colleague was digging and he said, ‘can you come and help me’, and he dug down and uncovered a skeleton.

“It was just the head and the torso, just covered over with some soil.

Does the United Kingdom have an equivalent of NamUs? I know they are on Doe Network.

We don't know the gender yet so it would be hard to look for matches anyway. Darwen is in Lancashire though so any missing people from that county could be a possibility for sure.

Does the United Kingdom have an equivalent of NamUs? I know they are on Doe Network.

We don't know the gender yet so it would be hard to look for matches anyway. Darwen is in Lancashire though so any missing people from that county could be a possibility for sure.
Given that it's the UK, it could be a recent murder victim or it could be a historical burial. I still remember the remains someone found buried in the back of a nursing home that turned out to be from 700 AD.

The nearest thing to NamUs is probably the UK Missing Persons Unit

UK Missing Persons Unit

Susan Waring's body has never been found,her husband was convicted for murdering her.

Officers investigating the discovery of human remains at a Darwen industrial estate have released an update confirming the bones belong to a man.

"Although it will likely be a few months before we get a formal identification, the family of the man who we believe this to be have been informed of the development.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skoorboh54
Back