Hurricane Delta - October 2020

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
.12 PM CDT POSITION UPDATE... ...TROPICAL STORM CONDITIONS SPREADING ONTO THE LOUISIANA COAST...
12:00 PM CDT Fri Oct 9
Moving: N at 13 mph
Min pressure: 963 mb
Max sustained: 115 mph

...5 PM CDT POSITION UPDATE... ...EYEWALL OF DELTA MOVING ONSHORE OF THE SOUTHWESTERN COAST OF LOUISIANA...
5:00 PM CDT Fri Oct 9
Moving: NNE at 14 mph
Min pressure: 968 mb
Max sustained: 100 mph

Very windy.....multiple electrical outages, but I am still on....fingers crossed.
The dog is on patrol.....as he cannot figure the noise of the trees whipping
around.
Hope all of you are doing well. Lato

Checking in from Louisiana. The wind gusts were strong but no comparison to Laura. Rain, flooding rain was much worse. We used a pump to keep it from our back door. While we spent 5 days in 100 degree heat with no electricity in Laura, we did not lose power this time. Feeling blessed. My heart goes out to lake Charles, Louisiana though.

This is heartbreaking for these people. The hits just keep coming. They can't even catch their breath.

Hurricane Delta Update: Louisiana Battered With More Than 17 Inches of Rain

Snips:
By 9:30 p.m. Friday, Delta had already delivered more than 17 inches of rain to the town of Iowa and more than 16 inches to parts of Lake Charles, an area still reeling from the effects of August's Hurricane Laura, The New Orleans Advocate reported.

Delta made landfall near Creole, Louisiana, as a Category 2 storm, reporting maximum winds of 100 miles per hour. It marks the second hurricane to strike the area in six weeks, after Laura made landfall near Lake Charles as a Category 4 storm on August 27

Snip:
Sheriff Tony Mancuso of Calcasieu Parish told KPLC-TV early Saturday that vehicles were overturned on Interstate-10, and that the situation remains "dangerous." Rising water is the biggest problem, and some areas have already been flooded, he said.

On Saturday morning 2,500 members of Louisiana's National Guard were deployed to help the hardest-hit areas, according to CBS News.

More than 780,000 people across Louisiana, Mississippi and Texas were reportedly left without power as the hurricane was downgraded to a tropical storm and moved further inland at 16 miles per hour.

Hi friends.....all is well in my part of Louisiana, and I am making shrimp and
artichoke soup. Picked up loads of branches....the sun is out. Power is coming on slowly in the area although I never lost it last night.
Thanks for all who follow the weather thread. Lato

Hi friends.....all is well in my part of Louisiana, and I am making shrimp and
artichoke soup. Picked up loads of branches....the sun is out. Power is coming on slowly in the area although I never lost it last night.
Thanks for all who follow the weather thread. Lato

Great news!

The stats for this monster... lots more at link with some great visuals.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/weather/2020/10/12/hurricane-delta-winds-surge-rain/

Here are the numbers that help tell the story of Delta, and its effects on a storm-weary region.

13 miles: The distance between Category 2 Delta’s landfall in Creole, La., at 7 p.m. Friday, and Category 4 Hurricane Laura’s landfall in Cameron, La., on Aug. 27.

101 mph: While Delta was less ferocious than Laura when it crashed ashore, its damaging winds were more widespread and packed a wallop. Some of the strongest gusts were observed to the west of the center, which is somewhat unusual. A top gust to 101 mph was recorded at Texas Point, at the state border with Louisiana.

9.3 feet: At Freshwater Canal Locks, La., located south-southwest of Lafayette, La., the surge, or storm-driven rise in ocean water, reached 9.3 feet. This validated the National Hurricane Center’s forecast for a peak surge of seven to 11 feet.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tkm0284
Back