Hurricane Ida - Aug 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
...IDA FORECAST TO STRENGTHEN RAPIDLY BEFORE LANDFALL... ...LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE, POTENTIALLY CATASTROPHIC WIND DAMAGE, AND FLOODING RAINFALL EXPECTED TO IMPACT THE NORTHERN GULF COAST BEGINNING SUNDAY MORNING...
10:00 PM CDT Sat Aug 28
Moving: NW at 16 mph
Min pressure: 964 mb
Max sustained: 105 mph

2 am advisory is in and scary

...MAJOR HURRICANE IDA CONTINUES TO STRENGTHEN... ...NOW A DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE...
2:00 AM CDT Sun Aug 29
Moving: NW at 15 mph
Min pressure: 949 mb
Max sustained: 130 mph

..LIFE-THREATENING STORM SURGE AND HURRICANE-FORCE WINDS REACHING THE COAST OF SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA... ...EXTREMELY DANGEROUS CATEGORY 4 HURRICANE IDA EXPECTED TO MAKE LANDFALL IN SOUTHEASTERN LOUISIANA IN THE NEXT FEW HOURS...
7:00 AM CDT Sun Aug 29
Moving: NW at 15 mph
Min pressure: 933 mb
Max sustained: 150 mph

ETA: Pressure now reported at 928.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Hurricane #Ida has intensified to a truly sobering degree overnight, with maximum winds now around 150 mph, placing it among the strongest hurricanes to ever hit #Louisiana. Landfall will occur within a few hours. The eye is currently moving in the general direction of Grand Isle, LA, and the eyewall could pass very close to NOLA.

Our thoughts go out to everyone in the path of Ida - please be safe.

I live in area it's heading. We are staying and ready as we can be. I have to many pets to leave. We are praying for the best.

(I am new here so I hope I’m not overstepping any boundaries with this post). I hate to ‘like’ your post, but you, your family, and all of your fur babies will be in my thoughts and prayers.

For anyone in the danger zone, please check in whenever you safely can do so. I have family in the area so am watching it’s trajectory closely. Please take good care y’all!

I live in area it's heading. We are staying and ready as we can be. I have to many pets to leave. We are praying for the best.

I understand making the choice to stay. I hope you stay well.

There are many resources on guard waiting to help. You just have to hold on and make it through the first 72 hours.

Please keep us updated, we’re thinking of you and all of your community.

Last edited:
(I am new here so I hope I’m not overstepping any boundaries with this post). I hate to ‘like’ your post, but you, your family, and all of your fur babies will be in my thoughts and prayers.

For anyone in the danger zone, please check in whenever you safely can do so. I have family in the area so am watching it’s trajectory closely. Please take good care y’all!

Welcome to Websleuths. You certainly are not overstepping any boundaries. I hope your family stay safe, it must be very worrying for you and everyone else who is in the area or who have friends and family living there.Please update us about how they are getting on.

I stayed for Katrina so we are all to familiar with hurricanes. But we still do everything possible to protect ourselves and family. Praying it moves through fast.

I understand making the choice to stay. I hope you stay well.

There are many resources on guard waiting to help. You just have to hold on and make it through the first 72 hours.

Please keep us updated, we’re thinking of you and all your community.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back