Hurricane Irene barrels toward Puerto Rico, Possibly U.S.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Hang in there, I'll be up watching right with you. My daughter is in Jersey, tried to call her earlier this afternoon but didn't get an answer. I'm pretty sure she's okay though.

Hang in there, you ain't alone.

Alone? Ha! I have my 13 year old son, my doberman and two cats all hanging out in my bed:) and now you:)

Getting scary and the worst isn't expected til like 4am.

Still have power, though lights blinked a couple times, cable was flickering, changed channel by itself during the tornado warnings.

Radioreference has some great feeds, Phila. PD 2, 7, 8, 15 district feed is working. Per scanner - transformer "blew up" near Dunks Ferry rd. (NE Philly), manhole covers blew off in CC and Bustleton Ave, and a fatal car vs. pole. Tree into a house somewhere on Disston. Roosevelt Blvd flooded, closed at Red Lion. Blvd at Rhawn, Strahle NB flooded, stuck vehicles, Holme Circle underpass flooded. Don't think I'll be sleeping either.

We were in AC ,left nd went to PA..........took my kids+Gson
,6 of us in 1 room.Hope everyone stays safe.

News Junkie,thanks for the links...Actually Atlantic City's weather can be quite different than Cape May's. Did find 2 Facebook pages of folks who-stayed..most are north of us though..Wildwood is bad with some parts already under water before storm even hits!

Trident..got that tornado warning here in Montco..Lucky that sister has basement so no problem

News Junkie I had to laugh.One of the feeds you found is for Lower Township Police/Rescue ...Well it is off no feed....

The ham operators sounded interesting though. If we still have electricity in the am,I will spend more time there.

Rain is just beginning up here in RI. No real wind yet. They are now saying sustained winds of 55 and gusts to 80 for us. Much better than the previous 100mph winds they initially forecast!

I am thinking & praying for all who are riding out the storm. Stay safe and check in when you can.

wm

I am in Massachusetts and here it comes.As of right now raining, dark and very windy and it is not even here yet. I am in the woods and surrounded by trees, already power outages in the area and mine should be going soon! I am about as prepared as can be I guess. Stay safe everyone that this storm is affecting!

Upstate, NY here .... so far just rain and a bit windy. Our NYS Fair may close today, just in case ... but then again, they may stay open, guess they're not sure.

I doubt we'll get too much, this far up.

Rain started at 5 am here in Maine. Now wind is picking up. It is a tropical storm now, but wind scares me so much. I am just looking at this huge pine trees that surround my house.If we don't loose power that will be a shock. I guess the worst will be around 2 pm. Hope everyone has been safe!

I was at the grocery store yesterday, coupon matching items. Great deals. Had tons in my cart for my sons school lunch for probably months. Well a nice lady said, wow you are preparing for the storm. I laughed and said no just back to school lunches haha.

I just had my first power outage, but it came back on... argh

Power out at 130. Winds have picked up more at 2. A few friends have trees down on their houses. So far not even a branch here. Its so weird how all of a sudden it gets really bright out. Then dark again. Hard to read abook. Our generator will go on later tonight.

Thanks keeponsearching. I am glad to hear that you are safe and sound! Hang in there.

BTW, there are threads downstairs with lively discussion. I've been monitoring up here all day and wondered where is everyone? LOL! Just wanted to let you know. Stay safe!

wm

Stay safe New England !!

Philly has flooded areas, trees down, some areas without power, some major roads closed due to flooding. Does not yet appear to have areas that'll be one to two weeks without electricity Mayor Nutter warned about, PECO's been on it.

Sat up all night waiting for the worst. Cable internet was iffy, phone was off briefly, but never lost electric or water. My trees and windows are intact, basement is dry, an empty trashcan blown into the yard missed the windows. Son went walking around, saw some debris, branches, trash, a bent stop sign. We are very fortunate.

Internet was just restored finally. We had no power for 30 hours. Fortunately no flooding and we only lost a couple of tree branches. Lots of big trees down around town. Someone held up a Rite Aid drug store with guns while the power was out and they were looking for them in my neighborhood! I guess whoever did it figured they wouldn't be caught on camera since the power was out. Funny thing was, I was out in my van Sun afternoon charging 2 of our phones and my daughter's nook so I was reading my nook. I didn't lock the doors, this is a very safe town and neighborhood. I dozed off to sleep and was jolted awake but wasnt sure why. I sat the seat up and in the rear view mirror I saw a cop on foot behind my van. I think he was at the van looking in at me and that's what woke me up! LOL. He then was going in backyards all over the neighborhood and there were 3 cop cars driving around. Found out later about the robbery. Thankfully the robber didn't find me with the van running and doors unlocked.

I just now got my power back an hour ago. Oh boy did that shower feel great. We had a generator but our Well is 220 volts not 110 so we couldn't plug it into our generator due to not have the 3 prong big plug.

Sat the winds were constant but only about 15 to 20 mph with gust between 35 to 50 until 1am, then we started to have gust at least 70mph if not more. Trees down where I am and took out the power lines.

I had only 3 small pine trees come down and they were not near the house. The yard however looks like a war zone. I have at least 2000 pine cones if not more, twigs, sticks, small med branches, tons of pine needles and leaves. My driveway is rocks and it is a long long drive way. You cannot see the driveway. I wanted to start clean up right away but with limited water and only using baby wipes and a wet wash cloth to clean up with I wasn't going to do the yard until the power came on. Besides my blower isn't a gas powered one.

The nerves were a little frazzled at 1 am when the winds picked up because I felt my bed actually rock, windows creak and stuff. I also had a case of vertigo that night and contributed it to anxiety I probably was having. (worrying about trees coming down) Some people around me will not get their power on until Sat. or later.

Anyway that is my update on Irene where I live.

How are you doing? Hope everything is going well there! I don't think that area was quite into the surge area, but it would be happening by now. The worst is predicted to hit us around midnight.
Yeah at 1 am we got the backside and the winds were very strong. Thank you for thinking of me. I didn't have a cell to text, and my power just came on.

We got power back after 50 hours. It was not to hard to live without, since we have water running, and its not freezing cold out. I am glad to be back in my comfort zone. We did have a small generator that helped with the freezer. My fellow neighbors 2 miles away are still with out. I hope today is the day for them. Trees were down everywhere and mostly on lines in my neighborhood. I saw one house that had three huge pine trees uprooted in his yard, luckily did not hit his house. The power company worked all day on my road, so hopefully they are moving to our fellow friends. We are one big association within two towns, and the other town has poles down on its main road. I know we just got the tropical part of Irene, but it knocked out more trees then I have ever seen, and power lines were down on almost every road. More damage then a winter storm for us.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kendybee
Back