Hurricane Matthew - Sept-Oct 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm exhausted! I was at a conference in Atlanta and Savannah was supposed to be relaxing days on the beach and clearing my head - turned out nothing like I had imagined.

Otto,
So glad you made it home. Rest. It has been a rough couple days over here. I am in Charleston, three miles from the beach. I did not evacuate. Riding it out. Boarded up & prepared. Glad it has weakened. Just light moderate rain and light winds here now. Prayers for everyone who has had to live through or will go through the damage and stress/fear.

JMO

I cannot get the "reply with quote" to work, so I am copying PositiveLight's post:
"So glad you made it safely home! I'm sitting at my house watching the pine trees dance and praying for miracles! Sending love to all my fellow sleuths and praying that y'all remain safe! "

You stay safe, too. I am wondering how my friend in Augusta is.... no reply to my email to her yet. Is it going to be really bad down your way? I hope you are prepared for whatever might come our way.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/live_streaming/wtlv-live-video/23063504 live paraphrased

Showing current flooding in Jacksonville, a few cars now actually stuck on flooded roads, not following advisories. Eye currently 50 miles East South East of St Simmons Island. Lots of trees down, power out.

Charleston Ten Thirthy .jpg Charleston 10:30 pm Forecast here http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx ~3:30 am Charleston Three am.jpg and ~ 7 am Six am Wilmington.jpg over Wilmington, below:

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Nothing here - boy do I have stories too tired!! It was nothing here!! The prep has exhausted my old a&&. FL has not had a hurricane in what 11 years? Well tongiht was opening night of broadway season! I am quite sure they did not go but have not even lookied yet. Would be so bummed to find out I missed it but too spent to do so now.

At one point, more than 1 million people were without power across the state. local news

We are going to be amazed, I think, howver of the damage on the east coast is going to be a sight
wiped!!

I cannot get the "reply with quote" to work, so I am copying PositiveLight's post:
"So glad you made it safely home! I'm sitting at my house watching the pine trees dance and praying for miracles! Sending love to all my fellow sleuths and praying that y'all remain safe! "

You stay safe, too. I am wondering how my friend in Augusta is.... no reply to my email to her yet. Is it going to be really bad down your way? I hope you are prepared for whatever might come our way.
It's supposed to be at its worst for us between 12am and 2 am. I think we will be fine as long as none of these trees fall. So far the ground is soaking up the rain pretty good but that's usually what makes the trees give way. I sure hope your friend is ok! I know they are already getting some rough weather. Are they close to the east or more on the west side of Augusta?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Well I'm in Kentucky, but if any one needs a place to stay, I'll keep your belly's full. And I'd turn away humans before I'd turn away pets. :D[/QUOTE

]ME too ! Ha. My baby was fine last night - but not ok today very winey and clingy. I think it was the pressures she right here and fine ! I am feeling very clingy now - we took turns!!

5 deaths

CATCHING UP HE IS STILL stong! Longest cat 4-5 storm in histroy for Oct

I believe 5 are deceased in Florida now. Sad. :(

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm exhausted! I was at a conference in Atlanta and Savannah was supposed to be relaxing days on the beach and clearing my head - turned out nothing like I had imagined.
Me too! Glad your back safe, and can regroup - what I am doing getting ready was more exhausting than being in it! It ended up being what could have been a great hurricane party but too scared to go there !!

Awww! You're so kind! I am reading some great stories of kindness here! WebSleuthers are AMAZING people!
Yea it really does become a neat place. INteligent, warm intersting people !! People who know us, and just know about us talking about WS just think we are a bunch of true crime coo coo's If they only knew!11

It's supposed to be at its worst for us between 12am and 2 am. I think we will be fine as long as none of these trees fall. So far the ground is soaking up the rain pretty good but that's usually what makes the trees give way. I sure hope your friend is ok! I know they are already getting some rough weather. Are they close to the east or more on the west side of Augusta?
Augusta, forecast here, now http://www.intellicast.com/Local/WxMap.aspx half past midnight (below)Augusta half past midnight.jpg ~4amAugusta about four am.jpg ~5amFive am Augusta.jpg ~7 amSeven am Augusta.jpg ~8amEight am Augusta.jpg
attachment.php

Holy cow! It's relentless! All the golf courses are gonna float away!!

I decided it was time to check - glad - I did not miss anything!!

SEVERE WEATHER ALERT:
[FONT=&quot] Due to the impending impact of Hurricane Matthew, the Thursday, October 6 and Friday, October 7 performances of[/FONT]​
The Illusionists – Live from Broadway
[FONT=&quot] at 8:00pm at Dr. Phillips Center have been cancelled. At this time, all other performances will go on as scheduled. Please continue to check back here for additional updates.

[/FONT]​
http://orlando.broadway.com/weather/

Savannah live news and weather http://wsav.com/live-stream/ just showed View attachment 102612 downed tree downtown and people boarding a bus for the Civic Center earlier Screenshot 2016-10-07 at 11.42.24 PM.jpg. Worse coming in the next couple of hours ~1 am. Watching rivers. 11 inches of rain confirmed at worst, in Bluffton, more expected. About 4 thousand people hopefully hunkering down safely for now in this area. Wilmington pretty flooded roads due to rain, not yet surge or high tide... right now wind not too bad.Screenshot 2016-10-08 at 12.17.02 AM.jpg downtown Savannah 12:17 am

attachment.php
attachment.php
attachment.php

Winds expected until 90 mph in the morning. Rain bands still moving on shore, around I 95 and coast heaviest rainfall. Watching the storm closely for shifts off the coast as it will effect winds, rain fall and surge, so watching intently.

New FLASH FLOOD ALERTS issued 12:26 am

Attachments

• Screenshot 2016-10-07 at 11.38.26 PM.jpg
    Screenshot 2016-10-07 at 11.38.26 PM.jpg
    61.9 KB · Views: 31
Local news their wording "most powerful storm to hit USA since Katrina"I state it that way cause I think Katrina, hurricane wise was , not the monster she was made out to be. At the end of the day New Orleans flooded cause the AMry core Of Engineers, took payoffs, falsified documentation, were not building what they were doucmenting. Tons of fraud. She was a cat 3 when she hit New orleans. Nothing happened at landfall that was singifgant . If you go look at coverage, after she passed through the headline was looks like New Orleans dodged the bullet. Hours later the levees not built to standards or specs failed. There was signifgant time passage - Katrina was long gone before they started to collapse.making its second landfall as a Category 3 hurricane on August 29 in southeast Louisiana.WIki

Well I'm in Kentucky, but if any one needs a place to stay, I'll keep your belly's full. And I'd turn away humans before I'd turn away pets. :D[/QUOTE

]ME too ! Ha. My baby was fine last night - but not ok today very winey and clingy. I think it was the pressures she right here and fine ! I am feeling very clingy now - we took turns!!

5 deaths

Awe I hope she is ok now?

I saw this cool graphic on Twitter. Bad news is that it shows the eye on top of MB at 3 pm and high tide is at 1:24 pm. Not good for potential storm surge levels.
ff0de64ad9a49953c0296f6933a54837.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Associated Press posted 30 min ago, from earlier tonight.

"While still far from South Carolina, signs of Hurricane Matthew were already visible in cities like Folly Beach - a popular vacation spot about 12 miles outside of Charleston. Video Friday showed storm surge, heavy rain and winds in the area. (Oct. 8)"

[video=youtube;rrJ8H5GsFhE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrJ8H5GsFhE[/video]

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back