Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My thanks to everyone for the updates. I will be saying prayers during the night for those in harm's way.

wow, on anderson cooper they showed the apartment where the front fell off - you could see all their furniture and stuff...

3 million without power.

I think something just happened to facebook, lol.

From the lights in the sky it appears nearby transformers are popping. Somehow we still have power. Big tree from our side of the street took down a couple trees across the street and apparently a power line so they are all without power. Lots of trees in town down which means dh, ds and dn will at least be close by for the near future.

Seaside Heights Police are ordered off the island by the Chief of police.

PS- I'm afraid to turn the computer on. Reading and posting on WS by my phone sucks but it's better than nothing!

Conditions deteriorating rapidly here in Elkins, WV with blizzard conditions on the way. Already 8-10 inches at least in the valley and it hasn't even gotten started yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see over 4 feet in spots above 3000 feet. Power is already flickering in town. Thundersnow likely as the core of hurricane sandy wraps around the conveyor belt.

Building collapse in Baltimore, Maryland. No injuries reported.

552235_10151116498649607_186844972_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...104277574606.96083.59109969606&type=1&theater

Conditions deteriorating rapidly here in Elkins, WV with blizzard conditions on the way. Already 8-10 inches at least in the valley and it hasn't even gotten started yet. I wouldn't be surprised to see over 4 feet in spots above 3000 feet. Power is already flickering in town. Thundersnow likely as the core of hurricane sandy wraps around the conveyor belt.

Appalachian Mountains can see some huge blizzard.

Noticing a green light show in the sky. I'm guessing lightning?!

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
RT @WSJweather: Confirmed: what we previously thought was lightning has frequently been power flashes & transformer failures. #Sandy

Wish I was there for that snow storm. Break out the wine!! Bet it's so beautiful, but hope you have a snow blower. :) Hope someone is taking pics or video.

It's not where i am, i got it from the tornado chasers on facebook LOL Some are in WV and some are on the east coast

I'm in Iowa and we'll be getting snow soon enough.. i just wish for it to hold off as long as possible :)

Well you are all the way in MI, right? At least when you raked, you didn't think the wind would affect you. I laughed all Fri and Sat watching my two old lawn jockey neighbors fastidiously raking every single leave from their perfect lawns. KNOWING the hurricane was coming... WHY?! Why are old men obsessed with lawns anyway? Even if there wasn't a hurricane coming, the trees still have plenty of leaves to fall!! Things that make ya go 'hmmm' lol.

:giggle:

In these parts, leaves have fallen much sooner than usual. We attribute it to the extremely hot-somewhat-dry summer that probably stressed some trees, especially oaks. DH didn't rake over the weekend and chuckled when yesterday's wind blew our leaves into the neighbors' yards :D

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back