Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I can see where homeowners might be suspicious. Someone using the story in order to get into their homes to rob them or something. I do find it hard to believe that not one decided to take the chance just in case there were two little boys in trouble.

I hate that I feel that way but after reading here for so long after a while you become suspect of almost everyone.

While it's heartbreaking and tragic I do hope the mom was telling the truth.

Bodies of Missing Staten Island Boys Found in Marsh: NYPD (nbcnewyork.com)
Police say the bodies of two young Staten Island boys who were reported missing in the aftermath of Sandy have been found in a marsh.

The boys, ages 2 and 4, were found about 15 yards from each other up against debris and a tree in the marsh on Father Capodanno Boulevard three days after their mother told police they were swept away by a storm surge when Sandy hit Monday night.
---

So heartbreaking! I was coming on here to post my fervent prayer that they would be found alive and well, only to read the latest.

RIP, little guys... :(

Too many children have died in the last week, and in pairs of two. It's really sad.

This is what I fear the most about such storms. This is what I see happening - the bleak, gray water surging up and grabbing me or my loved ones. I don't understand why anyone, if they could avoid it, would be out and about in that weather and ANYWHERE close to the ocean.

It is nightmarish!!!

I don't understand it either especially if you have young children.

Why risk it? Last night I watched some of the coverage on HLN and it is so true that only when these tragedies happen is when people realize what is most important in life.

A house or a your loved one? I think I'd pick my kids over any amount of money.

Prayers for the mom who has to live with this for the rest of her life.

I just can't imagine flat out refusing to help! Did any of these people have cell phone service that they could have called LE for help? Maybe the mom was trying to get to a safer place and this was the best route to her. How absolutely horrible. I am glad I wasn't one of the people who didn't try to help, as I would never get over this!

Just a thought, she may have been ringing bells and the people didn't actually "open the door" as if to her face. If it was in a building when you buzz someone in, you can open the front door and then speak on speakers and perhaps they just said no not knowing what was happening.

And maybe the people answering their doors were just scared to death. I'd like to believe I'd respond differently, but "Come and help me search a raging ocean," isn't the most attractive offer I've ever heard.

Here's an article about it. Something else that really doesn't make sense is that her husband worked for the Sanitation Department, those guys don't play around, she had opportunities to evacuate. Why in the world was she on Father Capadano Blvd, then she waited 12 hours to go find someone to help her.

I'd like her to name the house she went to and they shut the door. Was it an old man? I can't imagine anyone, even if they were afraid of letting her in the house, not calling 911 to help her unless there was a storm surge so strong people wouldn't even open the door for fear of water coming in.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ing-street-12-hours.html?ICO=most_read_module

We are starting to see lines for gas, and limits here in lower Hudson valley, NY. The power outages, long lines, and empty stations in NJ are driving people north to find fuel. Now some weather sites are showing the possibility of a Nor' easter for the area early next week :(. Hoping most people have power and heat before the snow comes!

I suspect we're missing a couple WS'rs due to electric outage but two I know of are

Filly and JerseyGirl

Any sightings?

Add to the list...

Just wanted to give an update for my Mom.

She has power again. It was restored early this morning, according to her, so all is well. She has a full tank of gas, although she's not driving right now. And she's got enough food for a week at least, and her cat does, as well.

She's survived. Thank you God. And again, big thanks to SugarQueen and her daughter, for making sure that my Mom would be able to get help if needed. My million billion thanks and deepest gratitude to the both of you.

Best-
Herding Cats

Oh HC, I am so glad your mom has power again! It's getting cold at night and I was worried for her. Glad she has a tank of gas too! DD drove around for an hour today trying to find gas while I stayed on the phone with her searching stations online. Once she found a station she was on line for over an hour.
Glad we could give you a little peace of mind!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GemGemma01
Back