Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My friend in Long Island said his power went out at noon.

slightly o/t but have to tell someone - lil one called me when he got off the bus, said a tanker truck pulled up next to him and said, hey lil man, you want some skittles???!!! He said no and went on up to the house. Thinks one of them rode his bus last year, teenagers, probably harmless but holy canolly, you know how my heart is racing and how I can't wait to get out of work and get to him!!

Hoping my dinner finishes cooking before the power goes out lol...

Really big winds here. Cats are freaked out, kids are bored and getting on each others nerves. DH leaves work in an hour, and finally I can have a drink about 7pm lol. :crazy:

True that. Here is a pic from our local news.

559468_10151116042009607_859550030_n.jpg

I wondered if that was sailormoon's trapoline!!!

:floorlaugh::floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

just read on facebook that TN had an earthquake.. nothing huge a 3.8.. but still.. add it to the wacky weather week

apparently there was one on each side of TN.. small ones..crazy

I can't believe the snow in West Virginia....it looks beautiful

apparently there was one on each side of TN.. small ones..crazy

That is wild. I think all that shale drilling here in Texas causes ours. Don't know if they do that in Tennessee, but that is weird.

That's what it is scorekeeper - knew that F word was in there somewhere. Didn't want to butcher it up. My mom is in WV - I"m sure she is hunkered down. They lost power for quite a few days this summer with whatever storm that was.

In VA 50 mi. south of DC. Wind gusts have really picked up. Some deadbranches that were hanging in trees have come down, no live ones so far. I guess the Derecho did a lot of pruning last June.

My gas oven has been on since 4:00 since it will not ignite without electricity. Baking sausage, peppers, onions, and potatoes. Once the electric goes out (and it will), I still have the stove burners I can light with a match.

Darkness is coming soon, the worst time of all as you can't see what's going on. It's going to be a long, scarey night.

Don't know when the power will go off (we are usually the first to lose, last to have restored), but I'll be here for the duration.

Thanks to all who are posting. It's a good feeling not to have to go through this alone, and we're not getting the worst of it.

Oh, and as far as stress libations go, all I have is a bit of vodka and Fresca as my only mixer. Hope it doesn't reach the point where I need it!

I am in Michigan and we are getting reports on the news that the storm is now moving more westward... and that the full moon will have an effect on the storm (due to the fact it already affects tides)

Nursie, the winds have picked up considerably, and it will probably be raining steadily before long. You can probably expect the same within the next couple of hours. I hope we don't lose power. Be safe.

pack the frozen food in a cooler with ice, it will last 5 days. hurricane survival in the heat so i know it will work up there.

no grill? two cinder blocks with ur oven rack on it, cover the gound with tin foil, burn what ever u have, that first morning coffee is necessary no matter how u get the water hot.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
softhunterstech
Back