Hurricane Sandy updates

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Update from northern Virginia: power is out. Just when Karate Kid 2 was getting good. Thankful for my iPad and a currently working 3G connection...

How is everyone else?

gov. mallory....thousands are trapped in their house...if house is surrounded by water...get to the highest level of house even if roof....these people refused to leave...have communities that are cut off....stay inside....winds picked up and more water was forced into the sound....new haven west worst

Oh, my...same thing that happened in NJ and people not leaving

Oh good I got a flippin heavy *advertiser censored*s wrought iron door gonna fly off the frame.

Been reading all day....and to tell you all truth...I am proud to be considered a WSer. You all are some very inspiring people. Glad to be a part of the "family".

It really is better to bring your fears here rather than upsetting your family more than they are ready upset. :)

Update from northern Virginia: power is out. Just when Karate Kid 2 was getting good. Thankful for my iPad and a currently working 3G connection...

How is everyone else?

Stafford area ,still powered light wind. Hubbys job was shut down and is for tomorrow bridges were closing in springfeild.

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/livenow?id=8857235

they were saying based on the storm surge this storm came in like it was cat 2 or 3....areas are flooding that are in zone B and C....(i think NY uses letters if not zone 2 and 3..sorry for the mixup - anyway, a lot worst than first predicted...because they only said emergency evacuations for zone A - hope this makes sense)

At the marina across the street doing some recon. No flooding. Water is actually lower than before...

Southwestern Ontario has 60km/h winds in my area, and rain, cold but no snow yet. Looking at the radar and satellite maps, it looks like Sandy will visit around 11pm-3am. She gets around eh!!!!

Various cities/towns have lost power.

Evening everyone, checking in. Trying to grasp the depth of this storm I'm checking weather sites around the NJ New York city area. I'm seeing the coastal flooding, the electric blackouts, the storm surge but some things I'm not seeing.

New York City is 60 degrees with a 5 MPH wind, higher gust.

Atlantic city 56F with virtually no wind, high storm surge and tide yes.
At The Beach, Sea Isle City, NJ 36 MPH wind from a rapid fire weather station.

Boston 60F and 10mph wind.

I'm not seeing a Noreaster near forming yet, we may have missed the bullet on this one.

Plug in your favorite city at the link for up to date weather conditions anywhere you like.

http://www.wunderground.com

My friend is out walking in this storm. Because he needed cigars. I told him he is stupid and should have just stayed inside. He thinks it is cool

I'm looking at photos, and watching video, and all I can do is pray. There will be so much damage from this storm it's unknowable at this time.

The only good part is that I was able to reach my Mom, but it was only a short conversation because her power is out, so we don't want to waste cell phone batteries in case of an emergency.

God bless all those in the storm's reach...

Best-
Herding Cats

So sorry to everyone who lost power.

Oh a "How To Secure A Security Door In Hurricane"

Wrap old wires from old VCR machines through mail slot and tie to door knob then tie that to inside wooden door knob.

Forget a hammer and nails.

Green glowing light show in the sky is transformers????????????????

Come on now, media.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MandyLynn1109
Back