Hurricane Sandy updates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm looking at photos, and watching video, and all I can do is pray. There will be so much damage from this storm it's unknowable at this time.

The only good part is that I was able to reach my Mom, but it was only a short conversation because her power is out, so we don't want to waste cell phone batteries in case of an emergency.

God bless all those in the storm's reach...

Best-
Herding Cats

Oh, HC I am glad she is safe. I am so sorry about her power.

Prayers for Mom!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HC, I have a landline. That won't help her cell though. Duh. Lemme know if I can help any.

My friend is out walking in this storm. Because he needed cigars. I told him he is stupid and should have just stayed inside. He thinks it is cool

I hope he wrote his SS# on himself with permanent marker before he went out.

I'm only half-joking - going out in this is insanity.

I asked our weather guy if high tide had come and gone yet and he said

Mark Schnackenberg: close to midnight

oh i agree that he was stupid. And I am stuck at work. ughhhhh

Folks I know I come off as a crazed nutter. I truly am not.

There's green and blue lights in the sky like.............I don't know what. It ain't anything I have ever seen before.

Our local TV station said it's transformers???????????

It's like when you see strobe type lights say like on the boardwalk shining real bright from rides. My neighbors are all looking. Think back in the day when a huge spotlight shone to help you make your way to a ummmmmmm supermarket opening only they're neonish green and blue.

So sorry to everyone who lost power.

Oh a "How To Secure A Security Door In Hurricane"

Wrap old wires from old VCR machines through mail slot and tie to door knob then tie that to inside wooden door knob.

Forget a hammer and nails.

Green glowing light show in the sky is transformers????????????????

Come on now, media.

They meant these transformers
[video=youtube;u_loC2xChTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_loC2xChTU[/video]

Henry Margusity ‏@Accu_Henry
There is so much going on right now I can('t) keep up with the amount of information. It's a horror story unfolding.

Weather Underground ‏@wunderground
From a local storm report: The New York Stock Exchange trading floor under 3 feet of water.

AccuWeather.com ‏@breakingweather
Thundersnow in Johnstown, PA this evening! ~15 lightning strikes in the last hour. (via @e_pinny)

Lightning? Where's the thunder.

My brother just called and the neighbor called my mom and they're all saying they never seen anything like it. Wellllllll, what is it?

Blue lightning?

Lost power am in window on iPhone. Have full battery on phone but shutting off. Bad service here only way I had it before was with extender. Will try to check in. Non cordless phone doesn't work have to get new one. Please pray for my family. My nephew is only 3 months old. Just rain and wind is all we are getting.

Wall Street Journal@WSJ

38m

1,136,657 customers in New Jersey are out of power. Live #Sandy storm updates: on.wsj.com/SpQdkb

Now they are calling her "super storm sandy"

I feel like things are winding down in DC, although the news says heavy winds throughout the night. Our big triumph here was that we got the dog to go out during a lull and she went poo :woohoo:

NY/NJ are getting slammed now...the pictures are unreal. My thoughts are with everyone in that area!

My brother just called and the neighbor called my mom and they're all saying they never seen anything like it. Wellllllll, what is it?

Blue lightning?
I've seen lightning without thunder heard. Not necessarily your blue lightning though.

Haven't seen lightning during snowstorm either.

Four horsemen of the Apocalypse? Probably not; they can't be bovvered.

Probably transformers popping.

And meanwhile, in Seacaucus:
Matthew Keys ‏@TheMatthewKeys
Power is still out here. Very bright blue flashes coming from transformers across the street. Wind heavy. #sandy #secaucus

Blue lightning?

Definitely transformers. They are blowing everywhere. It's amazing anyone still has power but knock on wood it stays on!

There is still electrical power in my area of Pittsburgh. There are sporadic heavy downpours, no lightening, no thunder, and wind gusts between 30-40 mph.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop
Back