I believe my uncle may have been murdered by Herb Baumeister

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Plantlover96

Reaction score
My great uncle George Curtis was brutally murdered in Indianapolis, Indiana December 19-20,1993 in his apartment. They are unsure of his exact date of death. He was a gay man in his 50s. He was strangled, stabbed, and left with a piece of his skull missing. He lived on the east side of Indianapolis, and was within a couple miles of I-70, and within 10 miles from one of the bars Herb was known to lure victims. I have contacted Marion County numerous times trying to get answers about my uncles case, and recently about how I believe Herb could have killed him. I always have to leave a message to no avail. I also cannot find my uncle listed on any cold case websites, and oddly enough only one news article that was VERY difficult to find from 1993 briefly mentioned a man was found slain in his apartment. It’s like he never existed or was murdered to them. You can easily find other information from around the same time period of others in Indianapolis that had been murdered, but nothing on my uncle. My grandmother (his sister) has said from day one they never treated this as a true investigation and it never went very far, she felt they truly didn’t care at the time because he was an older gay man. I have reached out to multiple different organizations in hopes to get some help. If any of you can offer any advice as to what I should do to help this get moved in the right direction quicker would be amazing and so appreciated. Thank you!

My great uncle George Curtis was brutally murdered in Indianapolis, Indiana December 19-20,1993 in his apartment. They are unsure of his exact date of death. He was a gay man in his 50s. He was strangled, stabbed, and left with a piece of his skull missing. He lived on the east side of Indianapolis, and was within a couple miles of I-70, and within 10 miles from one of the bars Herb was known to lure victims. I have contacted Marion County numerous times trying to get answers about my uncles case, and recently about how I believe Herb could have killed him. I always have to leave a message to no avail. I also cannot find my uncle listed on any cold case websites, and oddly enough only one news article that was VERY difficult to find from 1993 briefly mentioned a man was found slain in his apartment. It’s like he never existed or was murdered to them. You can easily find other information from around the same time period of others in Indianapolis that had been murdered, but nothing on my uncle. My grandmother (his sister) has said from day one they never treated this as a true investigation and it never went very far, she felt they truly didn’t care at the time because he was an older gay man. I have reached out to multiple different organizations in hopes to get some help. If any of you can offer any advice as to what I should do to help this get moved in the right direction quicker would be amazing and so appreciated. Thank you!
DNA forensics have come a long, long way since 1993. IMHO, your best chance is to see if you can get crowdfunding to have Othram (miracle workers) to retest any DNA evidence.

Amateur opinion and speculation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kcou111
Back