I think I broke WS

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I know. I don't blame you. It's hard knowning you pushed a few keys and WHAM. Websleuths is broken.

At some point everyone should run crying from their room because of the shame that goes with breaking our dear forum. The pain you must feel . . . :crazy:

Thanks, I really needed the giggle:crazy:

Debbie Downer here. Seriously, what led to the crash? Were we infiltrated? As I become more aware of malicious activities on the www—ooh, it is raw and ugly!—I find I am hypersensitive to security exposure.

Debbie Downer here. Seriously, what led to the crash? Were we infiltrated? As I become more aware of malicious activities on the www—ooh, it is raw and ugly!—I find I am hypersensitive to security exposure.

No worries my dear. Not everyone experiences problems getting into WS. I don't know why that is but it is the case.

It seems a small minority of posters have been having trouble getting on the board or being kicked off when we are really busy. I do not know why that is.

We have a very large server with plenty of room. AND the security offered by vBulletin is top notch.

You are right to about the maliciousness of people on the Internet and if vBulletin wasn't such a good company I am sure we would have more problems than we do.

is tied up for a bit but I will ask him to look into the problem when he has a moment.

Thanks everyone.

Tricia

I sometimes have trouble getting on to different sites on different days. I do believe we have all victims to instant gratification. I am guilty.
Just move on to something else for awhile. There is the whole WWW to explore. :hug: :cow:

I sometimes have trouble getting on to different sites on different days. I do believe we have all victims to instant gratification. I am guilty.
Just move on to something else for awhile. There is the whole WWW to explore. :hug: :cow:

Yes, there is a whole WWW out there but nothing like Websleuths. That's why you have to stay here, day and night, non-stop, unless you are giving birth, even then you can borrow an iphone or something so you can keep track of the cases. Between breaths check on Websleuths. It can be done. Really :innocent:

Yes, there is a whole WWW out there but nothing like Websleuths. That's why you have to stay here, day and night, non-stop, unless you are giving birth, even then you can borrow an iphone or something so you can keep track of the cases. Between breaths check on Websleuths. It can be done. Really :innocent:

Just drink lots of coffee. And don't do what I do, take your meds right before news breaks :p

Has anyone else experienced a change of "style" with the posts? All of mine, thanks included, are now centered and indented. I'm old and I do not like change.

Has anyone else experienced a change of "style" with the posts? All of mine, thanks included, are now centered and indented. I'm old and I do not like change.

YES, Mine keep going back and forth from being centered to normal.

I know it is something I have done. Has to be. What it is I do not know. I'll look into it though.

Glad to see my mistakes are affecting others. Hate to be alone in this "centered posts" drama. heh.

I had the "normal - centered - normal" phenomenon this a.m. As it occurred shortly after the compressor in my a/c shut down for good, I managed not to have my usual PANIC! reaction as I was already in the PANIC! mode over the death of the central air.

It is random for me. Not on this thread but on the PL threads and such.

I know I messed it up. I was in the admin panel. I shouldn't be allowed in there. It's too dangerous for someone like me who has been dropped on her head as many times as I have.

To this day when my big brother sees me he grabs me and drops me on my head. Says I deserve it. We need Dr.Phil I think. ;)

I've had this problem for a few days now too.

It sometimes fixes the centering if I refresh the page but sometimes not.

It's random threads at random times.

Yep, same happening here, too, and for several days. (I always think it's the WS gods, scolding me for a tedious post.) Ditto on the refreshing the screen thing; that's been working tonight, at least.

I was here "http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106417

It also happens on the Search: New Posts page.

This happens to me also, but if I refresh the page it returns to normal.

Mmmmkay... soooo.. I saw whilst perusing thru the forums for a week or 2 the "I broke WS" and laughed every time I cruised by it. LOL Now, not so funny. I've been experiencing the same things.... everything on center, but intermittent, so even if I refresh or log out it either will or won't go back to left. It's not a huge inconvenience, but it is as if you think you "broke WS." I came back here tonight after dealing with this issue, thinking that must be what everyone is talking about. And.... I was right!! LOL Just chalk me up to another sleuther hoping they didn't "broke WS." LOL

And, of course, it works just fine for me now. I'll keep checking, I need to catch it in the act to figure it out. Any others you see, post them!
It's also going on in the Scanner Forum...or was it the Kyron threads...IDK, but I'll come back and link it if it happens again!

YES, Mine keep going back and forth from being centered to normal.

I know it is something I have done. Has to be. What it is I do not know. I'll look into it though.

Glad to see my mistakes are affecting others. Hate to be alone in this "centered posts" drama. heh.

I had the centering thing going on almost all day yesterday, I think is doing it:crazy: He is the one who has access to all the working inards of WS :croc: LOL :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back