I think that Misty is terrified of Ronald.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
another thing...most 18 year old girls are picking out prom clothes, planning graduation parties, & visiting colleges. Look @ Misty. in jail on a million + bond for drug trafficking, barely literate, divorced, & a suspect in a child's death. & all she has to show for this is a tramp stamp. What in the world went wrong? & with this girl, where would you start?

I don't think she is afraid of him honestly.
Her affect is flat at best, maybe dulled by the drugs...

Unfortunately I grew up around the violent men my mother liked to hang around with and the three day binge with another guy, a guy Ron clearly knew about and brought her home anyway.... well that just doesn't seem like the behavior of someone who is terrified of Ron.

I think Ron is all bravado. Misty didn't look like she had been manhandled the first times we saw her following her fling and binge. The assault on Misty's brother was a squirmish, he certainly didn't harm anyone seriously. There are no rumors of him beating WBG for sleeping with his soon to be wife.

Lots of claims about what he is going to do but unless you are a rodent (assuming he didn't use an already dead one) I haven't seen any indication that he is dangerous.

He reeks of insecurity and desperation to me.
And Misty just seems to be a void.

jmo

Fling and Binge heh heh heh struck me funny

Fear of being held responsible for Haleigh maybe.
Fear of the truth coming out.
Fear of spending her life in prison.

I have not seen police or hospital records showing her to be a battered spouse. Even in the mudflinging I haven't heard anyone claim Ron beat her......

Except right before her fling and binge :) he shoved her around and knocked her around and assaulted her according to Nay Nay. Tried to make her miscarry her pretend baby.

There was a Nancy Grace show where Crystal (Haleighs mother) was on there & I can remember her talking about how Ron would shove her around when she was pregnant. I don't know if it was when she was pregnant with Haleigh or with Junior but she said that Ron pushed her. I believe that he is fully capable of hitting a woman and I would not be surprised if he abused Misty.

I know this is unpopular but I honestly feel really bad for her. Like I said I think she is really not smart enough to get away with murder. I just can't help but wonder if she Haleigh ODed on a drug by accident and then Misty freaked out because she was scared of what Ron would do.

If Misty had any part of Haleigh disappearing I think she has had sense enough to keep her mouth closed. I do believe that she is afraid of what Ron would do if he knew she was involved. I have always thought that Haleigh was Ron's baby girl. I believe that he sincerely grieves for her and I wouldn't guess what he would do if he was out of jail if he found out who took her or hurt her or had a part in it. You can never tell how any father would react. We do know that Ron has a terrible temper and whether the things he says are all talk or not...I wouldn't want to be around when he finds out who was involved...if he wasn't in jail.

Maybe now that they are all in jail and will be there for a long time Misty will decide to talk. She has no excuses now. I think they will have to offer her something and the only thing that she wants right now is to get out of there. I wouldn't think they would drop all of her charges if she tells them what happened and where Haleigh is though. It's hard to say though. It will be interesting to see.

I have felt a lot of sympathy for Misty, since the beginning. When she was talking to her mom & her 1st words were of how much she missed her parents & if she ever got out that she would never leave their sight, I felt even sorrier for her. That family could pack up & leave & get far away from Ron & his family, so why doesn't she talk? Her mom let her know about Ron's new girl & how Teresa had turned on her, so why the loyalty? But yes, I do feel for Misty. Actually, I think that even if she beat Haleigh to death, Ron is still @ fault. He took a kid into his house to take care of his kids. Who was taking care of Misty?[/QUOTE

If you think of Misty as just a babysitter she was plenty old enough to babysit. I started babysitting for people when I was a lot younger then Misty. When my kids were young I had 16 yr old babysitters.

Granted, Misty had the responsibility of the two kids every day while Ron was working but she was plenty old enough to watch two kids of their ages. It seems like her drug habit must have gotten in the way though and she either left the kids alone or had people over the night that Haleigh disappeared.

another thing...most 18 year old girls are picking out prom clothes, planning graduation parties, & visiting colleges. Look @ Misty. in jail on a million + bond for drug trafficking, barely literate, divorced, & a suspect in a child's death. & all she has to show for this is a tramp stamp. What in the world went wrong? & with this girl, where would you start?

I would say with her disfunctional family life? Letting her hide? instead of get on the school bus? not too smart! Her dad claims he can't read either. That is a real good start. Not knowing what 10% of bail is? No family value is what I would say. Too bad. What a dreadful end for Misty. What prom dress? How about drugs instead? HMMMMMMMMMM

I have felt a lot of sympathy for Misty, since the beginning. When she was talking to her mom & her 1st words were of how much she missed her parents & if she ever got out that she would never leave their sight, I felt even sorrier for her. That family could pack up & leave & get far away from Ron & his family, so why doesn't she talk? Her mom let her know about Ron's new girl & how Teresa had turned on her, so why the loyalty? But yes, I do feel for Misty. Actually, I think that even if she beat Haleigh to death, Ron is still @ fault. He took a kid into his house to take care of his kids. Who was taking care of Misty?[/QUOTE

If you think of Misty as just a babysitter she was plenty old enough to babysit. I started babysitting for people when I was a lot younger then Misty. When my kids were young I had 16 yr old babysitters.

Granted, Misty had the responsibility of the two kids every day while Ron was working but she was plenty old enough to watch two kids of their ages. It seems like her drug habit must have gotten in the way though and she either left the kids alone or had people over the night that Haleigh disappeared.
Well, I don't think of Misty as just a babysitter, because she wasn't. She was the drugged up teenaged lover of the daddy. The babysitting was secondary, I'm sure. Plus, even @ 16 & 17, she wasn't fit to babysit a dog, much less 2 kids-so comparing Misty @ 16, to a responsible 16 year old, is unreasonable.

I don't think she is afraid of him honestly.
Her affect is flat at best, maybe dulled by the drugs...

Unfortunately I grew up around the violent men my mother liked to hang around with and the three day binge with another guy, a guy Ron clearly knew about and brought her home anyway.... well that just doesn't seem like the behavior of someone who is terrified of Ron.

I think Ron is all bravado. Misty didn't look like she had been manhandled the first times we saw her following her fling and binge. The assault on Misty's brother was a squirmish, he certainly didn't harm anyone seriously. There are no rumors of him beating WBG for sleeping with his soon to be wife.

Lots of claims about what he is going to do but unless you are a rodent (assuming he didn't use an already dead one) I haven't seen any indication that he is dangerous.

He reeks of insecurity and desperation to me.
And Misty just seems to be a void.

jmo

ITA. Ronald has most likely been abusive to Misty at times, but I don't believe she is terrified of him at all.

She doesn't speak out against Ronald regarding Haleigh because she is guilty as well.

oh she's afraid of him alright ... and she'll never say a word unless & until a male figure gains her confidence & makes her feel safe *hint hint to LE*

don't know if or how they can get access to her if her prison is all women (?) but they need to get a good looking, charming man in there who can wipe out the myth of Ron in her mind and convince her to talk - can't be a cop since she doesn't trust them - has to be someone she perceives as on her level and someone she thinks can & will protect her from someone she thinks has the ultimate power over her JMO

the proof of how much power he has over her is in the pudding - she's miserable as all get-out in there but she still hasn't talked

she is literally afraid for her life and someone needs to magically erase that fear

of course this is all connected to my opinion that Ron's work alibi is faulty and Misty's actually covering for him so take that for what it's worth JMO

If Misty had any part of Haleigh disappearing I think she has had sense enough to keep her mouth closed. I do believe that she is afraid of what Ron would do if he knew she was involved. I have always thought that Haleigh was Ron's baby girl. I believe that he sincerely grieves for her and I wouldn't guess what he would do if he was out of jail if he found out who took her or hurt her or had a part in it. You can never tell how any father would react. We do know that Ron has a terrible temper and whether the things he says are all talk or not...I wouldn't want to be around when he finds out who was involved...if he wasn't in jail.

Maybe now that they are all in jail and will be there for a long time Misty will decide to talk. She has no excuses now. I think they will have to offer her something and the only thing that she wants right now is to get out of there. I wouldn't think they would drop all of her charges if she tells them what happened and where Haleigh is though. It's hard to say though. It will be interesting to see.

BBM...IF Ron C wasn't involved in whatever it is that happened to Haleigh, he would have seen to it a year ago that Misty was pushing up daisies...JMO

BBM. Bobbisangel...I respectfully disagree. It's apparent the Cummings clan are now attempting to push this as being the case, but IMHO it's too late...I highly suspect LE knows different...JMO

Don't know about you - but if you were afraid of someone, would you then put said person's name as a tatoo on your back (or wherever it is)? I sure wouldn't.

Misty is in love with her ronald. She is also delusional, in the real sense of the word. No matter what you tell her about him, she doesn't believe anything bad.

I really don't know. She appeared controlled by him in some of the interviews, certainly, and I believe he might have been verbally abusive and physically volatile. But she didn't appear scared in the engagement interview or the wedding footage, she was glowing. The day after in the Today Show she was fearful. But of what, I'm not sure.

If she is afraid of him, it seems that just about now would be the perfect time to talk, since he's locked up in a different jail and will be for a while. He can't reach her physically, and I doubt that he's got a network of trusted inmate homies in her jail that'll do anything for him. Is there an immaterial threat that he could hold over her head? I guess he could have said that if she talks, whatever happened he's got a way to prove that all the blame is hers. After all, LE did insinuate that he was at work and that he's not a suspect, so she might believe it too.

Don't know about you - but if you were afraid of someone, would you then put said person's name as a tatoo on your back (or wherever it is)? I sure wouldn't.

Oh yeah, if she thought it would please him.

If Misty isn't afraid of Ron, why would she make a statment that Ron is trying to send her messages? See the Misty's Jailhouse Tapes - Messages Ron is Sending Misty thread. It clearly indicates to me she is taking direction from Ron, still.

I think Misty fears Ron....and IMO, Ron knows it. Why else the video shown to Misty? He wanted to remind her, in jail or not he WILL TAKE OUT THE TRASH, JMO.

I think LE is very aware, of how much Misty fears Ron, and i think also that if Misty see's that Ron isn't loyal to her and is stabbing her in the back, they might get Misty to open up. JMO

I don't believe that any of these folks, individually or as a group, has enough brains to get away with this for so long. I have no idea what happened to this poor child. I do believe the lifestyles of the family played a part, but I can't fathom that they could put together this grand plan. It doesn't make sense.

Misty is terrified of the truth coming out. Period. Misty, it's a year since your lies started spinning. Where is Haleigh? What happened to that beautiful little girl who looked up to you? Who made her disappear?

If she was terrified of him, she never would have married him, and she wouldn't have stayed with him, or kept coming back to him once they got the divorce.
She's terrified of going to prison. She's terrified of being blamed solely for Haleigh's disappearance. But terrified of Ron? Nope, ain't buying it.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back