I was in the courtroom this afternoon, Fri. May 20

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
My Hubby worked / interned for one of those Bail Bondsmen LOL

Really?! I just always thought it was funny the number of signs near it lol
One that really stands out is Estes.....havent been out that way for awhile. I was called for jury duty there in the 90's, the place is very big. We had to go thru metal detectors, etc. It was a LONG day. It wouldve been interesting to go just to see judge Perry, adore him! He has said some funny things and to see the Jurors being sworn in. darn now Iwish I
wouldve went. I think Orlando, it will be packed and hard to get in and its about an hr drive from here anyways.

Now, of course, I am regretting I didn't go before. It is just so easy to watch it on the computer where you can take potty and coffee and snack breaks whenever you want, in whatever clothes you want to wear.

Another interesting fact from the court: they don't prohibit you for either entering or leaving the courtroom at any time. People were coming and going during the entire afternoon no matter what was going on. I would think it would be a distraction to the court, but it wasn't.

Also sometimes it looked like Judge Perry had fallen asleep--he would be slouched down in his chair and I thought "he's asleep" and then he would move.

I live a few blocks from the court complex <modsnip> in Pinellas Park. I didn't go because of the reasons you mentioned. I really expected it to be a circus and all those camera's and helicopters :floorlaugh: aren't my cup of tea.

Another observation, I don't recall the name Caylee be mentioned at all this afternoon (maybe I missed it). "Little girl" was said, but I don't remember anyone saying "Caylee."

I also notice that Caylee name was not mention today:waitasec:

Thanks so much for sharing !

Head's up, Scuba--trial starts on Tuesday. His Honor conferred with the jurors and gave them an extra day/Monday to get their affairs in order.

I join you in your thanks to Joanner! :great:

HHJBP such a sweetheart! We couldn't have asked for a better judge for Caylee!

Joanner thank you from the bottom of our hearts for sharing! My dh always says the same about going to the ballgames too...potty and snackbreaks much more comfy at home with instant replay! LOL

Thank you for the info! May I ask which side the jurors were on? Were they in an actual jury box during swearing in? It looked like they were possibly just in the audience with everyone else the way the lawyers were facing. Thanks!!

Joanner~
She was laughing at member of DT asking to change places with juror who lives with parental units and has no bills. Thanks for firsthand account!

<this is where I would put the smiley face doing something funny if I knew how...>

joanner~
she was laughing at member of dt asking to change places with juror who lives with parental units and has no bills. Thanks for firsthand account!

<this is where i would put the smiley face doing something funny if i knew how...>

welcome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thank you, Nana. I am a long time admirer (lurker sounds so sneaky). WSers are amazing!

Thank you for the info! May I ask which side the jurors were on? Were they in an actual jury box during swearing in? It looked like they were possibly just in the audience with everyone else the way the lawyers were facing. Thanks!!

The court asked the first few rows of spectators to move back and those rows were used for the jury to come in and sit. The defense and prosecution then turned around to face the jury & spectators for the swearing in.

"ICA looks so petite in camera........is she in person?" Yes, she is very slender. She looks to be a lot smaller than she was several months ago.

Thank you, Nana. I am a long time admirer (lurker sounds so sneaky). WSers are amazing!

Waving at my neighbor in Arkansas!!!! When you get ready to post and want to use the icons to the right of where you are typing just slide your mouse over and click on one of them and it should insert into your post...HTH
:great:

I was reading the afternoon session you all posted today to see what the camera saw that I didn't. You all got to see Casey smiling and chuckling. I did not see that from where I was.

I agree that the carpenter juror, Cake Boss fan, did look like Vlade Divac.

[Jim Lichtenstein on the last juror: Gladys Knight. Maybe 45.] <---- No, she is not AA. More like a constantly smiling Kathy Bates.

I think they took ICA out so the DT could talk to her about the jury...

I figure they took Casey out at this point because she is still in protective custody and cannot be in the same room as other inmates...which I assume is what this woman was called at that point.

drew does some reporting for wftv on the weekends too. I think he works for wdbo when he is on NG

Thank you Joanner, I enjoyed this thread. There's nothing like seeing it all first hand.:tyou:

Thank you Joanner for the first-hand account. It's always awesome when we can have one of our own on the scene. :rocker:

Thanks so much for sharing. It is interesting to attend a trial. I went once on my lunch hour to a murder trial that was in court next the firm I worked for. Guy killed and shoved his wife/gf into one of those truck toolboxes put her in the river. I just had to get a look at him in person.

I'm so glad you reported in and gave us some insight! ;)

Head's up, Scuba--trial starts on Tuesday. His Honor conferred with the jurors and gave them an extra day/Monday to get their affairs in order.

I join you in your thanks to Joanner! :great:

So, is that day off they/we were given called a COMFORT BREAK?

(I full well expect someone to post a pic of a bottle of Southern Comfort - that is a booze, right? I don't drink, but I think I have seen that before???) LOL @ ME

thanks for your on eyewitness accounts! I have thought about going to Orlando, don't think I will try to get in the courtroom, but I want to see what is going on outside the courthouse. Not that I would not be interested in going into the courtroom, I just don't think I would be able to get there soon enough in the morning to get a pass. If I go <modsnip> and I might try to meet up. It would be nice to meet a fellow WSer.

I was debating going to where Caylee was found and leaving a bear or flowers like they did in the beginning. I have been there since and it looks all grown back and there was not anything marking the area that I remember.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back