GUILTY IA - Amy Mullis , 39, Earlville, killed with corn rake, 10 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I wonder what they are talking about. There is very little evidence in this case.

I am amazed that this is already in a verdict watch. Less than a year since the crime. We never see that.
Suprisingly fast, especially after Todd "waived his right to a speedy trial". . .
Accused Earlville murderer's trial pushed to August

Recently (JUL), the Grant Amato trial was within 6 months of the JAN murders. Amato did not waive speedy trial. AND, it was a death penalty case.
GUILTY - FL – Chad, 59, Margaret, 61, & son, Cody Amato, 31, fatally shot by other son, Chuluota, 25 Jan 2019

I worry that this case went to trial too quickly, the evidence wasn’t investigated fully enough, I imagine prosecutors didn’t expect Todd to have an answer for nearly all their circumstantial evidence. IMO he is guilty, but from what has been presented to jury I don’t know if we will get a unanimous verdict.*

The disabling of the cameras would be the nail in the coffin so to speak for me. They just ‘happened’ to not be working on the day Amy was murdered. IMO Todd is a master manipulator he’s manipulated his son, he’s probably convinced him that his mother somehow deserved what happened to her and because his mind wasn’t fully developed he’s very confused by the whole situation.
When Todd couldn’t manipulate Amy, when he couldn’t stop her seeing JF and he was losing control, that is when he killed her, this was premeditated and to have son discover the body beyond callous.
JMO MOO

*Does this verdict need to be unanimous or will they accept majority?

Verdict must be unanimous. If one juror disagrees it’ll be a hung jury.

I don't want to believe Todd or Trystan is guilty but sadly I think one of them is. But I think it will be a hung jury or not guilty for the mere fact there was and will continue to be a lot of unanswered questions. There was very little information from either side to prove or disprove. State had forensics, Trystan and a lot of hearsay/character witnesses for Amy... defense had Todd and character witnesses for Todd. I'm surprised DA brought the case at all with what they had. Amy deserves justice but if I was on the jury and just had what was presented to decide I'd have a hard time sending a man to jail.
OTOH, from what I've seen Todd might have been a hard man to live with...he seems cold and unemotional. I could see that they as a couple grew apart and wanted different things.. sad and JMO

Telegraph Herald‏ @TelegraphHerald 3m3 minutes ago
The #MullisTrial jury posed a written question to Iowa District Judge Thomas Bitter at 11:50 a.m. regarding the times listed on state's evidence of Google search history records linked to the defendant. Bitter's written response: There will be no additional evidence presented 1/2
Telegraph Herald‏ @TelegraphHerald 1m1 minute ago
The Google search history had been presented with UTC times that indicate searches made in early morning hours. Defense argued UTC time is successor to Greenwich Mean Time, so searches were conducted in the evenings. #MullisTrial jury has been deliberating today since 9 a.m. 2/2

Julia Jenaé‏ @JuliaCourtTV 3m3 minutes ago
After 6.5 hours of total deliberations, the #MullisTrial jury has a question. “What is the definition of UTC time? How is it impacted by daylight savings time in Iowa? Is the time in the google record Iowa time?” The court responds, it can’t provide any additional evidence.

EFKumXoWsAIl9Cl.jpg

EFKumXoWwAYytUj.jpg

EFKumX8XkAAKTk7.jpg

3 am UTC time would be 6 am CST (IA)
Still when he would most likely be on it

It depends on what time of the year each search was done. It's either UTC -6 or -5 hours

-6 hours from early November until mid March.

-5 hours from March until November.

A search done on Dec 25, 2017 at 03:04:13 UTC would be 12-24-2017 at 9:04 PM Iowa time. UTC -6

A search done on May 10, 2017 at 01:59:57 UTC would be 5-09-2017 at 8:59 PM Iowa time. UTC -5

A search done on Jan 8th 2018 at 02:31:59 UTC would be 1-07-2018 at 8:31 PM Iowa time. UTC -6

Yes, of course we aren't talking about searches done the day of the murder. So it could be either 5 or 6 hours earlier.

The more I think about this I start to wonder.

Perhaps Todd was not absuive at all. Based on testimony it sounds as if Amy was a social butterfly who loved the attention of others. Todd was unable to give her all of the attention she needed as he worked significant hours on the farm. Amy could not tell her friends she had affairs because she craved attention Todd could not provide, that would sound selfish so to gain the sympathy of friends and justify the adultery she claims Todd is mean without ever going as far as to say physically abusive.

Of course I may be way wrong but it really sounds to me as if she needed lots of attention and would do whatever it took to get the attention she craved. I honestly wonder if perhaps there were others that she was spending time with and one of those relationships went south as they began to find out about the other boy friends.

During the month she was away helping ill relatives perhaps she made another friend who later found out about Frasher. Laying in wait in the shed to confront her perhaps or again, maybe she was pregnant and had threatened to tell Frashers wife and Frasier wasn't going to let that happen?

Sorry for speculating but I'm more apt to believe my scenario above versus the Todd is mean scenario.

Also, if Amy is looking at wedding dresses is she pressuring Frasher to leave his wife so they can get married and Frasher had to put a stop to that ?

Man, what a sad, messed up case, everyone ended up hurt in the end and no one deserves that.

Of course as several others have spelled out, I still think accident is a possibility. It would be an absolute freak accident but an accident none the less.

BBM. Didn't Todd ask Frasher's wife about the possibility of an affair and she persuaded him it wasn't true? If so, the most logical person who would have a motive to kill Amy is Frasher's wife. After all, Frasher had denied the affair and then he continued it.

JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Name Here
Back