GUILTY IA - Amy Mullis , 39, Earlville, killed with corn rake, 10 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope we hear from a juror on how they came to the verdict.

In my experience in the cases where it's so obvious that the verdict is wrong.... we don't generally hear from them. Maybe I'm wrong.

Honestly... they must have simply decided that she was murdered and it had to be him, because another suspect wasn't presented. I've seen that happen in rape cases before.

You're wrong. The calm family is his, and they don't seem surprised at all.

I see that now, his mother was praying before the verdict was read. However, it does not surprise me either and I'll explain why.

I work for a defense attorney on wrongful accusations/convictions. I've learned a great deal from some of the heartbreaking families that I've worked with.

When your family member has already been falsely accused, devastatingly arrested, incorrectly charged and unjustly tried... you become jaded... less than optimistic... numb.

I mean think about it for a moment.
Your family member one day is accused of a crime they didn't commit.
You believe the investigation will determine that.
Then, they are arrested.

You believe they can just explain their side/provide an alibi and prove their innocence.
Then they are CHARGED.

You believe the mistake will be realized before trial.
Then TRIAL starts.

Each step is like a further nightmare that never ends.

It actually becomes easier to convince yourself that they will be convicted rather than hope they won't. So you can prepare for the worst, find the silver lining in that (well the kids still HAVE their dad, he isn't dead at least type of thing.)

By the time you get to the verdict there are two types of people. Those who have been emotional throughout and are now stoic. Or those who have been the strong stoic ones throughout and lose it at the verdict.

Also, I think most realize that in this case it was almost certainly either the father or the son. So that would complicate matters greatly for both the family and the jury.

It's a horrific situation and I don't claim to know the truth. I just don't believe the state met it's burden here. Whether he's guilty or not, I don't believe the verdict is correct.

Mullis found guilty in killing of wife with corn rake

Sep 23, 2019

"...Mullis was taken into custody by sheriff's deputies at the conclusion of the reading of the verdict....

In the end, jurors decided that the evidence supported a conviction.

Sentencing will be held at a future date. First-degree murder is a class A felony, punishable by a mandatory life sentence without a possibility of parole."

Mullis found guilty in killing of wife with corn rake

IMO the defense should have made a chart like Cheney Mason did and like the case I just watched --the cheerleader who gave birth and buried her baby in the yard.

I'm pro pros too. I do not feel like they proved this case at all.

5c7887f24a62d.image.jpg

So who do you guys think did it? I agree there was reasonable doubt. However it also seems more than likely Todd was at the very least an accomplice if h is not the one that swung the rake.

So who do you guys think did it? I agree there was reasonable doubt. However it also seems more than likely Todd was at the very least an accomplice if h is not the one that swung the rake.
Either Todd or the son. I think the son had motive, too....anger at mom for having another affair, Todd telling him that they would lose the farm because she would get half. Todd could be covering for the son.....or maybe they did it together..... PURE SPECULATION on my part, of course.

I don't know.

I don't like saying my opinion because the son has now lost his mom and his dad.

Terrible situation all the way around.

IMO the defense should have made a chart like Cheney Mason did and like the case I just watched --the cheerleader who gave birth and buried her baby in the yard.

I'm pro pros too. I do not feel like they proved this case at all.
Yes, the BURDEN OF PROOF scale. I'm stunned at the guilty verdict. Even if all jurors (can't imagine!) thought guilt was possible, probable or likely. . . that's still NOT GUILTY.
Perhaps the real murderer will now confess, unable to accept that an innocent man is going to prison.
Guilty person was maybe hoping everyone would have their freedom.

http://www.thejuryexpert.com/wp-content/uploads/casey-anthony-trial-exhibit-new.png
casey-anthony-trial-exhibit-new.png

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89