GUILTY IA - Amy Mullis , 39, Earlville, killed with corn rake, 10 Nov 2018 *Arrest*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
So who do you guys think did it? I agree there was reasonable doubt. However it also seems more than likely Todd was at the very least an accomplice if h is not the one that swung the rake.

I sometimes think that his son did it because he was angry with his mother for the infidelities and he did the searches. He went to get a drink, but instead stabbed his mother? And sometimes I think that Todd did it. I don't know....reasonable doubt here...:confused:

One of them did it.

I sometimes think that his son did it because he was angry with his mother for the infidelities and he did the searches. He went to get a drink, but instead stabbed his mother? And sometimes I think that Todd did it. I don't know....reasonable doubt here...:confused:

One of them did it.

Thanks so much YES for your usual excellent coverage! We all love you here!

I think Todd did it. I believe that the son was "mistaken" over the length of time he was apart from his father, when Todd went to the Red Shed. I do not think he conspired with his father though. The son probably did not want to admit to himself, or anyone else, that his father had sufficient time to kill his mom. That's just my opinion, but I believe that Todd killed Amy.

Last edited:
Wow I’m shocked too, and scared that someone can be convicted on so little. Hopefully he can appeal(not that I think he is innocent, just a total lack of evidence). Thank you YESorNO for all the updates!

It is a wake up call the day you realize how little it takes to send a man to prison for the rest of his life. It's a brutal wake up call but one that I wish more people got. It is important people understand that.

Thanks so much YES for your usual excellent coverage! We all love you here!

I think Todd did it. I believe that the son was "mistaken" over the length of time he was apart from his father, when Todd went to the Red Shed. I don't think he conspired with his father at all. The son probably did not want to admit to himself, or anyone else, that his father had sufficient time to kill his mom. That's just my opinion, but I believe that Todd killed Amy.

5215.gif

One of them did it.

Agree YESorNO... either father or son but the evidence was so weak! In my heart, I think Todd probably killed her but I could not have voted guilty with the evidence (lack of) presented.

I'm surprised at the guilty verdict. I hope 1 or more of the jurors will speak out about how they came to their decision. Although I believe Todd is guilty, I think there was reasonable doubt. I hope the children of Todd and Amy can overcome this terrible tragedy.

UPDATE: Dubuque County jury finds man guilty of killing wife with corn rake

Sept 23, 2019

"...Todd M. Mullis 43, flanked by his attorneys, grimaced and shook his head slightly as the verdict was read on the sixth day of his first-degree murder trial at the Dubuque County Courthouse. The 12-person jury deliberated for a total of about seven and a half hours Friday and today before returning the verdict.

In Iowa, a conviction of first-degree murder brings an automatic sentence of life in prison without parole....

Amy Mullis’ family members hugged each other and some were in tears when Iowa District Judge Thomas Bitter read the verdict.

“We aren’t going to have any comments,” said Jeff Fuller, of Eldora, Iowa, as the courtroom was clearing afterward.

Tears streamed down his face.

Fuller is Amy Mullis’ brother and testified on the first day of testimony in the trial....

“I’m happy for the family and maybe I’ll have more for you after sentencing,” Bernau said when asked to comment after the verdict was read....

Defense attorney Gerald “Jake” Feuerhelm said he was disappointed with the verdict and that his client would appeal.

“We’ll sort things out and talk to Todd about that and go from there,” Feuerhelm said.

Feuerhelm said it was too early to assess the defense’s prospects with that appeal.

“Obviously, you go through your notes and look at all the witnesses and make a determination about court rulings and the whole gamut of how the trial rolled out,” he said.

Todd Mullis remained silent in the aftermath of the verdict. He looked at several of his family members in the gallery as bailiffs shackled him in chains. Defense attorneys stared down at the tabletop in front of them....

The jury deliberated for about two and a half hours Friday before being excused for the weekend. Deliberations resumed at 9 a.m. and briefly halted around lunch, when jurors submitted a written question to Iowa District Judge Thomas Bitter at 11:50 a.m.

The jurors asked for a definition of “UTC time” and if the times of internet searches listed on Google records submitted as state’s evidence reflected Iowa’s time zone. The searches were done on Todd Mullis’ iPad.

The defense had argued that UTC time is the successor of Greenwich Mean Time, so that searches that appeared to have been made in the early morning hours – often before 3 a.m. – on the Google list actually were performed in the early evenings because of the time difference between Central Time and UTC...."

UPDATE: Dubuque County jury finds man guilty of killing wife with corn rake

I watched it live and I thought he looked shocked, stunned and saddened.
Same. I thought he was going to cry. He was stunned. His face got red and he mumbled something, I have no idea if he murdered Amy, or if he and his son murdered her, or if someone else did it and I guess we will never know. It’s probable he was the killer, but there were too many unanswered questions in my mind. Sad day for all! A family has lost their daughter. A family has lost a son. Children have lost their mother and father. So sad.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
missingjustice89
Back