GUILTY IA - Breasia Terrell, 10, found deceased, Davenport, 10 July 2020 *arrest*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
The person they are holding, Henry Dinkins, is listed here.
https://www.iowasexoffender.gov/reg...e=Dinkins&firstname=Henry&alias=1&type=simple

His reported address is here-
743 Schmidt Rd, Davenport, IA 52802
Google Maps

Which since that appears to be warehouses, could be what you see on street view.
خرائط ‪Google‬‏‏

View attachment 255216

Note— I can’t take credit for this sleuthing. I saw it on Facebook.

My question is—- how did they know to search HIS apartment? They mentioned apartment. So did he live with someone else? I’m going to assume possibly— possibly this is who saw Breasia at 3:00 am!!

Did he indeed EVER live at 743 Schmidt? Does he have two places? Most importantly, WHERE IS BREASIA?

There are something like 32 offenders near credit island. IF he is known to the family, this case will be EVEN sadder.

The trail I was referencing leads to his prior victims. Infuriating.

I’m reporting my post because I’m not clear if he is sleuthable since he’s not been charged in connection with Breasia.

So when I posted this with the google street view, it showed what was thought to be his motor home in view. I had actually seen the rumor that he lived in a motor home online but made sure LE knew. I’m really curious if anyone saw these vehicles being impounded. Sometimes in other cases we see videos caught by reporters of them being towed. I’m just wondering how early on did they get confiscated. His booking was at 9:30 pm Friday if I remember right.

<mod snip>

Celia Palermo@CeliaPalermo
A man has been named a person of interest in the case, but not a suspect. Still no sign of #BreasiaTerrell.
CHECK YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS SURVEILLANCE CAMERAS, JULY 9th 10pm to JULY 10th 12 pm. IF YOU ARE IN QUAD CITIES, BUFFALO, CLINTON AND CAMANCHE AREA. THESE ARE THE VEHICLES CURRENTLY IMPOUNDED WITH POSSIBLE CONNECTIONS TO HER DISAPPEARANCE!!
Ec6vhrUX0AEJDcu

Ec6vhrVX0AERr9w

Its been updated to say Amber Alert is STILL ACTIVE, administrative error noted.
Davenport officials: Amber Alert still active for missing Iowa 10-year-old Breasia Terrell
That article says:
the State of Iowa issued an Ambert Alert for Terrell “due to new information that was obtained overnight” around 1:30 a.m. Wednesday.

What would that be, I wonder? They presumably had the vehicles. They didn’t give any new info other than the other locations associated with him. I’m going to speculate that someone turned in surveillance footage of one of his vehicles. I wonder how many tag readers and cameras he would’ve passed?

Waiting for any updates on this case, does anyone know if Dinkins vehicles have been searched for evidence? I am sure they have just haven't seen anything officially released about it yet. I just wonder why they are not releasing more information if they have anything more maybe they're trying to keep everything silent until they get every piece of information they can find. It is so heartbreaking that things like this happen. I cannot imagine what her family is going through I pray that answers will come soon.
I am curious to know what all they have too. It seems like they would have enough to arrest for more charges, but they don’t have too because he is definitely already there. They can use this tome to get all the evidence they need and hopefully find Breasia.

I also didn’t realize FBI had been assisting. That is great. From this article. Police release new details in disappearance of 10-year-old Breasia Terrell
“The FBI Omaha field office and the Quad-Cities resident agency have been instrumental both conducting interviews and the processing of evidence.

Breasia’s aunt says Henry Earl Dinkins often asked to take care of her daughter. She had a bad feeling about him, and refused
Crime Online

Earlier local reports had indicated that Breasia was at the home with her cousin, who was reported to be Dinkins’s son. An earlier version of this story stated that the aunt believed Breasia had been at the home with her brother, but in a subsequent conversation Lakeshia said she could not confirm this, as she is and was not in the Davenport area at the time Breasia went missing, and cannot be sure of the circumstances of the apparent visit to Dinkins’s home on Thursday night. Lakeshia said that another family member, her cousin, has a child with Dinkins, but did not share any further information about the child’s identity.

Lakeshia said she has a daughter of her own, and that Dinkins had repeatedly asked in the past to take care of her.

“I said no,” Lakeshia said. “You know when someone is a molester.”

CrimeOnline is attempting to confirm information we have received about possible additional charges filed against Dinkins on Tuesday. Online jail records accessed by CrimeOnline do not yet reflect this information and attempts to reach the Davenport Police Department and the Scott County Jail have been unsuccessful.

Heartbreaking words by her mom.
The Gazette

“I think my daughter is alive. And I think it’s just a matter of time before Dinkins is ready to crack and tell what he knows."

Lankford confirmed Dinkins asked for the meeting earlier this week. Dinkins is the father of her youngest son, and she had a relationship with him “about eight years ago,” she said.

Lankford said she turned down Dinkins’ first request to speak. Then she reconsidered.

Lankford said Dinkins claimed his innocence and asked her, “Why did you drag me into this?”

Iowa Homeland Security and Emergency Management
An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 10-year-old girl in eastern Iowa. Henry Earl Dinkins, 47, is a person of interest in the case.

MISSING:
Breasia Terrell (10 years)
Last seen Jul 10, 2020 in Davenport, IA

The child is an African American female, 10 years of age, 4 feet 5 inches tall, weighing 75 lbs. with black hair and brown eyes.

If you have information, contact:
Davenport Police Department
Call: 563-388-3661

upload_2020-7-15_12-52-28.jpeg

diggndeeperstill said:
The Gazette

Lankford said Dinkins claimed his innocence and asked her, “Why did you drag me into this?”

Hmmmm. Interesting. What do you make of that, diggndeeperstill?

Just talking out of his rear end/ blameshifting?

Attempting to implicate the mom in something?

Or was he requested (by mom?) to take Breasia (along with the brother) that night vs the other way around?

She stayed the night at his house....even if nothing nefarious occured and he is completely innocent of any wrong-doing to Breasia, she still went missing from HIS residence on HIS watch.

You'd think he'd be concerned about the possibility that a STRANGER had gained entry into his apartment during the night and TOOK Breasia while he was asleep and completely unaware, but he seems more upset about being "dragged into this" so I guess it's safe to assume the lack of concern is because he KNOWS there was no stranger in his apartment that night.

That tells me everything I need to know.

If you search for Iowa weather network on Facebook they have the full details of the Amber Alert which includes the description of his vehicle which leads me to believe that something was caught on camera. This is just my speculation though not facts.

If you search for Iowa weather network on Facebook they have the full details of the Amber Alert which includes the description of his vehicle which leads me to believe that something was caught on camera. This is just my speculation though not facts.
We’ve posted twice that all three of his vehicles were taken / impounded and being searched for evidence BEFORE the amber alert. So they knew vehicles before, but somehow according to LE statements received NEW information overnight.

I got the Amber Alert last night too. Just after 12:30 a.m. on my weather alert. I couldn't hear the whole thing because it's not in the same room. For anyone that heard it, was there a vehicle description? I got up to read it online and a vehicle wasn't listed. I thought maybe one of his cars was still missng with Breasia.
The one on the weather radio gave the description of the vehicle the one on my phone did not.

Hmmmm. Interesting. What do you make of that, diggndeeperstill?

Just talking out of his rear end/ blameshifting?

Attempting to implicate the mom in something?

Or was he requested (by mom?) to take Breasia (along with the brother) that night vs the other way around?

She stayed the night at his house....even if nothing nefarious occured and he is completely innocent of any wrong-doing to Breasia, she still went missing from HIS residence on HIS watch.

You'd think he'd be concerned about the possibility that a STRANGER had gained entry into his apartment during the night and TOOK Breasia while he was asleep and completely unaware, but he seems more upset about being "dragged into this" so I guess it's safe to assume the lack of concern is because he KNOWS there was no stranger in his apartment that night.

That tells me everything I need to know.
Oh I think with his gazillion cases he knows how to “talk” and deflect. He also knows his convos are recorded. He may not know that likely an FBI analyst is behind the scenes interpreting his every word and body movement as well.

I also don’t believe he just has one prior victim as his sex offender status shows. I hope the others will come out of the woodwork and let it be known what happened to them AND that they will be believed.

Still want to know about the last sighting of 3 am. Would answer a few questions for me.

We’ve posted twice that all three of his vehicles were taken / impounded and being searched for evidence BEFORE the amber alert. So they knew vehicles before, but somehow according to LE statements received NEW information overnight.
The Amber Alert says she was abducted by one specific vehicle out of the three the maroon one which leads me to believe the new information is video that has something to do with that vehicle. This is just my speculation they haven't stayed at this it's not fact.

Any other sources listing just the 2007 Impala other than Iowa Weather Network FB page? The website they link, Iowa Amber alert still shows no vehicle info (perhaps its just not been updated?)
State of Iowa AMBER Alert

Edited to add: Is Iowa Weather Network something we can link? Seems to be legitimate and on FB lists itself as a "News and media website"
I'll "take one for the team" so to speak and just link the specific FB post, plus I'll alert a mod to my post to ask about it:)

Iowa Weather Network

Last edited:
The Amber Alert says she was abducted by one specific vehicle out of the three the maroon one which leads me to believe the new information is video that has something to do with that vehicle. This is just my speculation they haven't stayed at this it's not fact.
Thank you! I hadn’t seen that!

I was just looking at Dinkins inmate info. He has added charges on 7-13 of Parole Violation. I wonder what that is for? I’m trying to look it up.
Scott County, Iowa

AMCR410731 PAROLE VIOLATION 2020-07-13 0000-00-00 0000-00-00

ETA: I think this is interesting. I hope someone that can see more can help. Maybe @Jethro4WS could help me out.

I’m looking at the cases for Henry, he has one that was initiated on 7/11/2020, it is the parole violation? Which would mean what?

07821 AMCR410731 07/11/2020 STATE OF IOWA VS DINKINS, HENRY DINKINS, HENRY 08/02/1972 DEFENDANT

Last edited:
I was just looking at Dinkins inmate info. He has added charges on 7-13 of Parole Violation. I wonder what that is for? I’m trying to look it up.
Scott County, Iowa

ETA: I think this is interesting. I hope someone that can see more can help. Maybe @Jethro4WS could help me out.

I’m looking at the cases for Henry, he has one that was initiated on 7/11/2020, it is the parole violation? Which would mean what?

07821 AMCR410731 07/11/2020 STATE OF IOWA VS DINKINS, HENRY DINKINS, HENRY 08/02/1972 DEFENDANT

Could that violation be from him failing to register his address with the sex offender registry? I know that was the day he was taken into custody and they said that his address on their records didn't match the address he was living at so that would be my guess.

BBM-

I don’t know if they are disputing the abductor part or simply stating it? Interesting

Davenport Police Department
DAVENPORT, IOWA (July 15, 2020 | 1:50 p.m.) – At approximately 1:30 AM the State of Iowa issued an Amber Alert for Breasia Terrell due to new information that was obtained overnight. At approximately 10:00 AM on July 15, an administrative error by the State of Iowa appeared to cancel the Amber Alert for Breasia Terrell. The Amber Alert for Breasia Terrell has NOT expired and the Davenport Police Department is working diligently with the State of Iowa to correct the error and is actively investigating this case. This error has since been corrected.

The State of Iowa Amber Alert names Henry E. Dinkins as the abductor of Breasia Terrell. Yesterday, the Davenport Police Department named Dinkins as a person of interest in the Breasia Terrell missing person case. He is not currently a named suspect and no charges have been filed against him related to this case. Dinkins remains in custody on separate charges.

At a press briefing on Tuesday, the Davenport Police Department asked for the public’s assistance on any information they may have related to Dinkins whereabouts between the hours of 10:00pm on Thursday, July 9th through 12:00pm on Friday, July 10th. Pictures of Dinkins and his associated vehicles may be viewed at www.davenportiowa.com/missingchild. Anyone with information is asked to call (563) 326-6125 immediately.

Could that violation be from him failing to register his address with the sex offender registry? I know that was the day he was taken into custody and they said that his address on their records didn't match the address he was living at so that would be my guess.

I thought that exact same thing. Or when they arrested him, maybe he was in possession of something that a felon isn’t allowed to possess...? Purely speculation.

I believe they know he had something to do with her disappearance but they don't have enough information yet to formally charge him and make the charges stick. As far as naming him as a suspect I think that could have been accidental just like how they accidentally canceled the Amber Alert earlier this morning. Then another thought could be that they wanted that information to "accidentally" get out there so that people would take a harder look at him and the vehicles and come forward with information more freely or if someone else was involved and they think that Dinkins is going down for this they might slip up and make a mistake so police can catch them. I don't know any of this to be true just my opinions.

Scott County, Iowa

I’m not sure, possibly that could be it I guess. Seems weird to file that after the failure to register though. I’m no legal expert.

In looking up warrants and updated there is a little more info there. It says: (BBM)

Warrant Number:
AMCR410731
Warrant Date:
7/13/2020
Warrant Held By:
Scott County Sheriff's Office (IA0820000)
Warrant Status:
Served
Warrant Status Date/Time:
7/13/2020 10:24
Charges | Bond:
  • Violation of Parole/New Evidence | Court Appearance Required
  • Driving While Barred Habitual Offender -1978 (AGMS) |
  • Oper Veh wh Int (OWI) / 3rd Offense |

https://www.scottcountyiowa.us/sheriff/warrants.php?warrant=AMCR410731

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics