IA - Celia Barquín, 22, Golf Champion, Murdered on Golf Course, Ames, 17 Sept 2018 ***Arrest***

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves

Legally Bland

Reaction score
A man has been charged with murder, hours after prominent Spanish golfer Celia Barquín Arozamena was found dead on an Iowa golf course.

Barquín, 22, won the European Ladies' Amateur championship in July and was a leading student athlete at Iowa State University.

Golfers at the Coldwater Golf Links in Ames discovered an unattended golf bag on the course early on Monday.

Barquín was found dead by police a short distance away.

Police in the Iowa city of Ames said they had determined that Barquín died following an assault.

Collin Daniel Richards, also 22, has been charged with her murder, police say. He has no known address, according to their statement.

European golf champion killed on US course

Ames Police‏Verified account @AmesPolice
***Update*** Ames Police charge Collin Daniel Richards, age 22 with 1st Degree Murder. Please keep the victim and her family in your thoughts and prayers.

DnWIcIeV4AAMVkp.jpg:large

IowaStateUNews‏ @IowaStateUNews 8h8 hours ago
IowaStateUNews Retweeted Ames Police

Our hearts are broken. President Wintersteen: "We were deeply saddened to learn of the tragic death of Celia Barquin Arozamena...dedicated civil engineering student...talented student athlete and an acclaimed golfer with a bright future...a terrible, tragic, senseless loss."

Iowa State Mourns The Loss Of Celia Barquin Arozamena

AMES, Iowa – Former Iowa State golfer Celia Barquin Arozamena, the 2018 Big 12 champion and Iowa State Female Athlete of the Year, was found dead this morning at Coldwater Golf Links in Ames.

She was 22 years old.

"Celia had an infectious smile, a bubbly personality and anyone fortunate enough to know her was blessed," Iowa State Director of Athletics Jamie Pollard said. "Our Cyclone family mourns the tragic loss of Celia, a spectacular student-athlete and ISU ambassador."

A native of Puente San Miguel, Spain, Barquin Arozamena, who exhausted her eligibility at Iowa State in 2017-18 and was finishing her civil engineering degree this semester, was one of the most accomplished players in Cyclone golf history.

Iowa State Mourns The Loss Of Celia Barquin Arozamena - Iowa State University Athletics

Not sure what happened, but I can't see this being domestic related.

Screen%20Shot%202018-09-17%20at%2011.33.52%20PM_1537245307948.png_55956250_ver1.0_640_360.jpg

AMES - A 22-year-old man named Collin Daniel Richards has been arrested and charged with the murder of ISU student Celia Barquin Arozamena on Monday night.

Richards has a criminal history, according to numerous court documents Local 5 went through after the news was released about his arrest late Monday night. According to Ames Police, Richards does not have a last known address.

Who is the alleged killer of Celia Barquin Arozamena?

Coldwater Golf Links. Ames Iowa. ~10AM on a Monday morning. Fairway of the 9th hole, in full view of the apartment buildings. Nothing to obscure anyone from view.

I cannot wrap my head around this at all.

Attachments

• 8F2F56EC-9342-4DA1-950B-7B210A4034A7.jpeg
    8F2F56EC-9342-4DA1-950B-7B210A4034A7.jpeg
    147.8 KB · Views: 38
This hits close to home, my daughter attends Iowa State. Local news stations have good detailed and chilling information about what happened. Great work here done by local police to catch this guy as per media he was getting ready to flee and had help lined up to get him out of town. I don't think they're related but I think this is exactly the kind of thing that happened to Abbey and Libby. Terrible and evil

According to the arrest affidavit, the person in custody was living homeless in a tent just off golf course property. Had scratches on his face and k9 lead le from the crime scene to his tent. Sounds like an assault and murder from a stranger who either was stalking the victim, or was a crime of opportunity. Very sad

Coldwater Golf Links. Ames Iowa. ~10AM on a Monday morning. Fairway of the 9th hole, in full view of the apartment buildings. Nothing to obscure anyone from view.

I cannot wrap my head around this at all.
It looks like the 9th tee is quite secluded. I can only imagine it happened there. 15/20 feet further up the hole and I'm sure somebody would have witnessed it.

Le seems to indicate that the bag was left in the 9th fairway. How far up that is I think is anybody’s guess. But I think it was rather brazen with the apartments In the foreground. If I had to make an educated opinion, based on bag being in fairway and Celia being an excellent golfer, I would say it happened 200 or so yards down the fairway from the tee box. Moo

Last edited:
It looks like the 9th tee is quite secluded. I can only imagine it happened there. 15/20 feet further up the hole and I'm sure somebody would have witnessed it.

The pro tee box is in the back, the women’s tee box is the furthest up out in the open. And they found her gear on the fairway, at least a bit further in the open. This is absolutely unbelievable.

There is a reason that many random killers never become serial killers, bc there first attacks are usually very brazen and very sloppy. High likelihood of getting caught. Most serial killers that I have studied are extremely lucky there first crimes. I think this guy was very likely committing his first murder. I only point it out bc looking at his past assault charges, it looks like this guy was building up to this and I doubt he has killed before. And bc many on social media are already connecting him to other murders and I highly doubt that’s the case jmo. Prayers for Celia and her loved ones

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lufferli
Back