IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How far is the closest waterway(s) from where the truck was found? Maybe it comes down to something that simple?

I know I should try to study the map, but I remember thinking I didn't see water on the map, so I must not understand or remember something. Sorry if it's obvious.

RBBM

There might be ponds on some properties close to where the truck was found. I haven't gone on Google Earth to check this out, but I'll do so.

Also, IMO, streams are usually have vegetation and possibly trees close to them. Could he have wandered down by a stream and committed self harm? If this was a homicide, did someone drag him there?

JMVHO.

The lower circled object looks a bit like an old light fixture. The upper circled object looks a bit like a modern flood lamp. But even if the substation has powerful lighting (which it almost certainly does) it may not be lit 24/7.

View attachment 468256
The lower circled object is most definitely a lamp, an outdoor area lamp made by Lithonia which several of my neighbors have (discontinued in favor of more efficient LED lights):
1388_large_mid.jpg

Eagle Grove is Wright County. You might be thinking of the County the other missing man— Mark Riesberg— was from, I believe.

Iowa counties are fairly small in distance. The route from Eagle Grove (pickup location) to Sac City (drop off location) is just under 75 miles. However, DS traveled through the following counties: Wright, Hamilton, Webster, Calhoun, and Sac.

Also, I believe that livestock carriers are not restricted to any Hours of Service (HOS) if they are traveling under 150 miles. I’m curious as to how long DS had already been driving, if driving for long days without any sleep was a habit (a shortage of available drivers ends up with more routes taken/contracted for the ones driving), and whether fatigue played a role at all.

I keep going back to the truck stop where supposedly (video w/wife) David was seen walking around the truck and looking at his phone. LE doesn’t really say anything except he stopped there. Why? what really happened at that truck stop? We already discussed the lack of evidence of him actually getting gas. Why would it be a secret if he did? he couldn’t have paid for it with cash because it was closed. There has to be some been some kind of record if he used a card. His wife is very vague on the video answering questions about this stop, kind of waves her hands. Either she just doesn’t know what might’ve happened there or why he was there or she’s not saying.

SS also states on the video that she was shown a picture from LE that she identified as her husband, and it’s possibly the last picture taken of him. She said she doesn’t know where the picture was taken. It seems so strange that that isn’t a huge point of reference if it was the last time he was seen. AFAIK SS wasn’t shown the truckstop video to identify her husband.

Seems like something more happened at that truckstop that’s not being revealed. JMO

There appears to be a creek running very close to where his truck was found.

I've added arrows pointing at it.

Hopefully, the area where his truck was found have been closely searched.

Also wondering if the local farmers were asked to search their surrounding buildings.

possibleWaterLocationsCloseToTruck_2.png

JMVHO.

I was optimistic hunter's may locate a deceased person. However, I don't want him to be deceased and this may be a good sign.

But if David is in one of the fields near where the truck was found, would hunters even be hunting on private farm fields? I don't hunt so I'm not familiar with the rules.

But if David is in one of the fields near where the truck was found, would hunters even be hunting on private farm fields? I don't hunt so I'm not familiar with the rules.
He was taken for a reason….Answers when recovered either dead or alive.
Scene 1.
Perp entered/concealed in his cab where/while he was loading. Forced him to stop at 126, restrained him, walked around pretrip: for appearance of David, drove on. Turned north vs south and effectively concealed the rig. Perps are probably known to him, can drive a large truck, and are familiar with the area. Some affinity for the pigs being close to unload.
Stops and shuts it down. An accomplice arrives in a car, they take him from his truck to the car. Possible boot and jacket left during some scuffle incurred transferring him.

Scene 1. Alternate.
Perp managed to get him to pull in/off at the 20/71 intersection (known or female ?) and then forced with a weapon to turn right an drive to the spot of abandonment.
Assuming still:
LE cites no disturbance/signs of combat in the cab. The abandonment location indicates the perp knew the area. Not a spur of the moment killing, a well-planned seizure. If involved in something illegal; and along the way to deliver, he got cold feet. Then it all went south, but, perps may have been connected with him and could not afford roadside violence.
There is a lot of background here to come out yet. The key is back there.

I found the following:

Landowner/Tenant Registration

Welcome to the Iowa DNR's customer service page for Landowner/Tenant (LOT) Registration. The primary purpose of LOT registration is to help ensure that LOT deer and turkey licenses are obtained only by those who meet the residency and eligibility requirements for these licenses.

All landowners, tenants, and their eligible family members must register with the DNR before obtaining LOT deer and turkey hunting licenses. The electronic licensing system will not issue LOT licenses to unregistered landowners and tenants.
<snip>
Once you have successfully completed LOT Registration, you may obtain your LOT license(s) and hunt on all parcels of land within your farm unit, regardless of whether you own or rent them.

Iowa landowner/tenant registration for hunting privileges.

JMVHO.

There aren't any spaces with a hatch cover underneath a hauler like on a motor home, Right?
We used to stock firewood or beach chairs in there on trips. They can be quite large.

Good question!

We need a schematic for a livestock hauler.

Let me see what I can find.

ETA: Here's a link to a livestock trailer sales site. We don't know what type of livestock trailer DS was hauling; the following is just an example.

Silverstar – Wilson Trailer

The above has some diagrams.

JMVHO.

Last edited:
I keep going back to the truck stop where supposedly (video w/wife) David was seen walking around the truck and looking at his phone. LE doesn’t really say anything except he stopped there. Why? what really happened at that truck stop? We already discussed the lack of evidence of him actually getting gas. Why would it be a secret if he did? he couldn’t have paid for it with cash because it was closed. There has to be some been some kind of record if he used a card. His wife is very vague on the video answering questions about this stop, kind of waves her hands. Either she just doesn’t know what might’ve happened there or why he was there or she’s not saying.

SS also states on the video that she was shown a picture from LE that she identified as her husband, and it’s possibly the last picture taken of him. She said she doesn’t know where the picture was taken. It seems so strange that that isn’t a huge point of reference if it was the last time he was seen. AFAIK SS wasn’t shown the truckstop video to identify her husband.

Seems like something more happened at that truckstop that’s not being revealed. JMO
Sarah said that the picture she was shown was from an exit. Maybe you are mistaken about her knowing where the picture was taken.

Part in interview with Sarah regarding the IDOT camera picture:

There appears to be a creek running very close to where his truck was found.

I've added arrows pointing at it.

Hopefully, the area where his truck was found have been closely searched.

Also wondering if the local farmers were asked to search their surrounding buildings.

View attachment 468322

JMVHO.
On Google what you have pointed to is referenced as "Drainage Ditch 81" I suspect it is a man made ditch to drain water from the area.

Sarah said that the picture she was shown was from an exit. Maybe you are mistaken about her knowing where the picture was taken.

Part in interview with Sarah regarding the IDOT camera picture:
Thank you. I am mistaken. Earlier in the video, she said she didn’t know which exit. I went back and watched again and further on he asked her again if it was the exit after he left the truck stop and she says yes. You are correct. I am wrong in my first account . Seems interesting that she forgot the first time which exit but she’s obviously in deep pain and I am sad for her. JMO

Not sure but I think they have them on the cab itself.
Peterbilt trucks with sleepers have a storage compartment under the bunk which is accessible from inside the cab by lifting up the bed and from the outside by small doors on the side of the cab. This area would be difficult for a full grown adult to hide in. The heating and cooling equipment for the sleeper portion of the cab is housed there as well as possibly a sub-woofer for the stereo if so equipped with that option for the stereo. Tools, cloths, oil, and other things are stored in the compartment as well.

I did find a video that will give you and idea of how small of space it is.

Thank you. I am mistaken. Earlier in the video, she said she didn’t know which exit. I went back and watched again and further on he asked her again if it was the exit after he left the truck stop and she says yes. You are correct. I am wrong in my first account . Seems interesting that she forgot the first time which exit but she’s obviously in deep pain and I am sad for her. JMO
The DOT camera I think LE is referencing is actually located at the intersection where the Marker 126 truck stop is located as well. Marker 126 is at the intersection of Hwy 20 and Poplar Ave.

The Iowa DOT 511 website shows the cameras at Hwy 20 and Poplar Ave and another camera at the Hwy 20 Hwy 4 interchange where Sparky's truck stop is located, the video from this camera near Sparky's was apparently not usable according to the press release. (Which I think means LE couldn't determine that any vehicles passing by was David's truck without a doubt)

Link to camera at Hwy 20 and Poplar Ave.
Link to map showing camera location at Hwy 20 and Poplar Ave.
Link to map showing camera location at Hwy 20 and Hwy 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste