IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please link the info about the boot. I have been looking my booty off and can not find. Help. So this is going to probably not make sense, but I think something happened to him before those pigs were even loaded. Here me out...I know LE says they have video of David at the truck stop. But everything this evening and early morning says this is not David driving his own truck. He's running late. David abandoned his semi. His coat outside in a ditch. Was it normal for David to pull off that late at night to do something for 16 minutes. I would like to know. The very end of the press conference, LE says video shows David didn't make it to his drop off sight. Well, of course not..The truck didn't make it either. Maybe LE is playing on words. Did videoes really show David, or just the truck. I don't think David was driving his truck at all. Just my opinion. I have so many questions.

RBBM

Video of David and possibly someone else?

Someone LE might be investigating?

My speculation only,

Snipped by me
Life Insurance pay-out could explain. j/s
Without someone researching a specific policy (which may not even exist in this case) and the insurance company's policy on a no body situation, there is no way to count on a payout, even with a lengthy wait and a court declaring him dead.
An online search would be discoverable.

Snipped by me
Life Insurance pay-out could explain. j/s

Are you referencing suicide? The typical policy covers death by suicide. Most policies do have a two year waiting period, however.

The LE press release indicates they investigated the possibility of David catching a flight from Minneapolis to Phoenix, which means they did consider a hoax to be a possibility.

Do I think David is alive and well? Sadly, no.

But the possibility of a hoax isn't something LE haven't mentioned themselves.
LE didn't say that. This is the quote -
"They also discovered that a man named David Schultz took a one-way flight from Minneapolis to Phoenix, Arizona. However, their investigation found that it was not the David Schultz that is missing."

LE didn't say that. This is the quote -
"They also discovered that a man named David Schultz took a one-way flight from Minneapolis to Phoenix, Arizona. However, their investigation found that it was not the David Schultz that is missing."

I know the quote. They were investigating the possibility that *this* David Schultz took the flight; the fact that it turned out to be a different David Schultz doesn't change that they considered it a possibility worth looking into.

I know the quote. They were investigating the possibility that *this* David Schultz took the flight; the fact that it turned out to be a different David Schultz doesn't change that they considered it a possibility worth looking into.
But the quote says nothing about a hoax. LE eliminated a lead, nothing more.

Yup, it’s one of the possibilities after all, and god knows we’ve seen that sort of thing happen quite a bit on here.

I remember one case where a missing woman was allegedly engaged in a gun battle with an assailant at her remote cabin. The scene didn’t make sense at all, and I took some heat for speculating that she may have been high on something like meth.

When her body was found in water several months later, she did in fact test positive for methamphetamine.

In that case it wasn’t an intentional hoax, but it wasn’t a crime either.

Here, we have a few possibilities:

Foul Play
Voluntary disappearance
Some sort of misadventure
Suicide

I think everything is on the table at this point.
I remember the case but not her name, she was at a family cabin when it happened.

This is a head scratcher for sure. I’ve missed you in the threads!

Yes, but the point is that LE even bothered to run down that lead---a lead which would have meant he voluntarily went missing.

It just means that everything is still on the table. It could be foul play, a tragic accident, self harm, or a staged disappearance. I don't think LE even knows for sure at this time. JMO

When I hear lead, I think of tip or something reported to LE by Joe Citizen.

Don't imagine LE got a tip or lead that David Schultz might have taken a flight out of Minneapolis and went and checked that out. LE likely checked with the TSA to see if a David Schultz recently flew on any flights in the entire USA and the search returned the flight from Minneapolis. It was then determined this is a different David.

The fact that LE even checked into the possibility of David flying away somewhere, indicates to me that LE might have thought David stepped away from his life in Iowa. Which also indicates to me there must not have been any evidence early on to indicate that something happened to David to suggest he was taken against his will from what was found in the truck or around the truck, when the truck was found.

JMO

When I hear lead, I think of tip or something reported to LE by Joe Citizen.

Don't imagine LE got a tip or lead that David Schultz might have taken a flight out of Minneapolis and went and checked that out. LE likely checked with the TSA to see if a David Schultz recently flew on any flights in the entire USA and the search returned the flight from Minneapolis. It was then determined this is a different David.

The fact that LE even checked into the possibility of David flying away somewhere, indicates to me that LE might have thought David stepped away from his life in Iowa. Which also indicates to me there must not have been any evidence early on to indicate that something happened to David to suggest he was taken against his will from what was found in the truck or around the truck, when the truck was found.

JMO
It feels like LE's initial thoughts on the scene were more along the lines of DS wandering off (suicide, lost, medical episode). They used search dogs, planes, and thermal heat detectors almost immediately after finding the truck. Since he wasn't found in the area, and especially since the search dogs were unable to track him past the road, then without any obvious signs of accident (blood, broken glass, etc.), it seems logical to at least check into the possibility of him walking away from his life. In the very early hours after the news first hit, an article said the family thought he might need medical help. Was that simply because he was missing under unknown circumstances, or was there indeed something found on the scene to indicate he was injured physically or mentally? We've not heard anything like that since.

Sarah has posted an update every night since DS went missing. She didn’t last night. Probably doesn’t mean anything.
I noticed there as no update last night. JR also stated in his last post about the search 3 days ago that they would be announcing the reward fund details on Monday. I do not see a reward fund post or any posts about the next search.

Bringing this over from yesterday...

Snipped...
...The group is working to put together a reward, calling the campaign “Make Them Squeal” to help bring about new information on Schultz’s disappearance.

A was also created to help Sarah Schultz with expenses and the search for her husband. So far, nearly $12,000 of the $15,000 goal have been raised.

The trucking community has also stepped in to try to find Schultz with the hashtag #bringdavid home.

If you don't think they were talking about investigating the possibility of a hoax, that's fine. You're entitled to your opinion. To me that's very clearly what they were talking about. LE don't always spell everything out, but it's usually quite apparent what they mean.

Somebody abandoning a truck with their belongings strewn about outside, is IMO little different to somebody leaving their belongings on a beach next to the sea. People draw certain logical conclusions about what has happened. If that person has subsequently caught a plane to disappear from their life, their previous actions would be intentionally misleading. That's the textbook definition of a hoax whether LE want to spell it out or not.

And let me stress again, I don't think that is what happened to David.

Bringing this over from yesterday...

Snipped...
...The group is working to put together a reward, calling the campaign “Make Them Squeal” to help bring about new information on Schultz’s disappearance.

A was also created to help Sarah Schultz with expenses and the search for her husband. So far, nearly $12,000 of the $15,000 goal have been raised.

The trucking community has also stepped in to try to find Schultz with the hashtag #bringdavid home.
That article must have updated. No mention of a reward now when you click on the link.

There was also mention of a reward being set up between the United Cajun Navy and the Sac County Sheriff's Office and the Sheriff made some comments when interviewed about "seeking legal guidance about whose name would go on the account, who would decide when to dispense money and how much."

I thought that was some what strange for him to say those things regarding who would have control over the account and not keep that information to himself. It's been several days now since that article and still no reward has been announced.

JMO

A reward fund is also being set up in coordination between the United Cajun Navy and the Sac County Sheriff’s Office. The sheriff told KTIV he’s in favor of the idea, but final details still need to be worked out.

The sheriff said he’s seeking legal guidance about whose name would go on the account, who would decide when to dispense money and how much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StuartGotz