IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree. The missing Iowan (Mike Riesberg) who disappeared a month prior to David wasn't even on the ground but inside his vehicle, a PT Cruiser, when discovered by United Cajun Navy searchers who were looking for David. Riesberg's vehicle was parked outside a barn in a wooded area. I've lost all confidence in the Sac County Sheriff in both of the missing person cases. His nose is too far up in the air to locate anybody not within an ivory tower. MOO
@Seattle1 The Mark Riesberg case was handled by a different Sheriff department than the Sac County Sheriff department that is handling the DS case. Calhoun County Sheriff Office was handling the MR case.

But if you think Sac Country is bad, get a load of this..

Brown says it's frustrating to see all the people and tools being used to find Schultz. She thinks the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office needs to do more to find her brother.

"I said no, you can't be serious. And they said to tell you the truth, we'll probably find him in the bottom of a pond in a few years. Like just no compassion, are you kidding me," she said. Missing Calhoun County man's family says his disappearance doesn't make sense

@Seattle1 The Mark Riesberg case was handled by a different Sheriff department than the Sac County Sheriff department that is handling the DS case. Calhoun County Sheriff Office was handling the MR case.

But if you think Sac Country is bad, get a load of this..

Brown says it's frustrating to see all the people and tools being used to find Schultz. She thinks the Calhoun County Sheriff's Office needs to do more to find her brother.

"I said no, you can't be serious. And they said to tell you the truth, we'll probably find him in the bottom of a pond in a few years. Like just no compassion, are you kidding me," she said. Missing Calhoun County man's family says his disappearance doesn't make sense

Shameful. o_O

Sadly, Mark was found the next day, Dec 1, by searchers looking for David. Condolences to Riesberg's family for their loss.

My take on DS schedule over that past few weeks is he pretty much works a massive schedule, is gone for hours at a time, its not a regular schedule and this is totally normal for his line of work. His wife takes care of the household and is used to him being gone a lot with no problems in the past. I actually can see how she would not really know he had an issue until he had been gone a very long while.

What is still DON"T understand is how the folks he worked for/with didn't take action immediately when he didn't show up to drop off a load of piggies locked in a truck that I still feel sorry for! I see no reasonable excuse for that. It should have, would have been known he was missing hours before he was actually finally looked for. JMO
This is what I'm still struggling with as well. If this was so out of character for DS, I would think it would send up a huge red flag that something was wrong. I guess unless we are actually in a position like this, we can't really say what we would do. It just seems odd. JMO

I have been racking my brain looking for scenarios. May be crazy, but nothing makes sense! DS stops at Marker (not far from drop off point) and is seen on video scrolling on his phone and looking around his truck. What if it’s the wrong load, or his paperwork was left behind at the pick up point. DS notices something is wrong, stops at Marker 126, calls the loading place-maybe someone was going to meet him at the intersection to bring his paperwork? Was he turning around to go back? Just a thought.

Deeper pockets.

How many men carry their phone charger in their pocket?
Wouldn't you leave it plugged in the truck?

It depends what is meant by "phone charger." It could be a plug-in charger but it also could be a portable power bank.

When I'm travelling I tend to take a couple of fully-charged power banks with me just in case I can't access a power socket.

It depends what is meant by "phone charger." It could be a plug-in charger but it also could be a portable power bank.

When I'm travelling I tend to take a couple of fully-charged power banks with me just in case I can't access a power socket.
He drives.
Would he need a power bank if he charges as he drives?
Was he going someplace where he needed to plug in?

He drives.
Would he need a power bank if he charges as he drives?
Was he going someplace where he needed to plug in?

Based on this, I'm fairly sure the red truck he was driving is a 1999 model. I don't know if he'd even be able to charge the phone in a 1999 model Peterbilt.

Deeper pockets.

How many men carry their phone charger in their pocket?
Wouldn't you leave it plugged in the truck?
Well, you would think he'd have one permanently plugged into a USB in the truck, if the truck has a USB port (InterestedButConfused wrote above that it may not). My husband is rather scatter-brained and seems to misplace chargers and often can't find the one that was in his car (???), so I think there are exceptions to the rule and that even if his truck did have a USB for charging, it's possible he was often losing it, having to grab one from the house!

Based on this, I'm fairly sure the red truck he was driving is a 1999 model. I don't know if he'd even be able to charge the phone in a 1999 model Peterbilt.
This is a great point!
Thank you.
I will assume no charging ports.

In thinking about the facility where he was supposed to unload the pigs I thought I have read here from people who have worked with pigs that the drivers do not load or unload the pigs. Is that correct? Because the information we have would seem to indicate that nobody was going to be at the location where the pigs would be unloaded. Why else talk about dropping off paperwork at a box?

In thinking about the facility where he was supposed to unload the pigs I thought I have read here from people who have worked with pigs that the drivers do not load or unload the pigs. Is that correct? Because the information we have would seem to indicate that nobody was going to be at the location where the pigs would be unloaded. Why else talk about dropping off paperwork at a box?
IMO, if you are late then the driver has no choice but to unload and leave his paperwork in the box. Ideally, a driver arrives during operational hours and they do not have to assist.

A fuel purchase would have shown on a credit/debt card since the station was closed and David wouldn't have been able to pay with cash.

Sarah in one of her interviews said there was no activity on the bank account. I would think this means that night as well and not just from the time onward after the truck was found. But maybe not.

But I agree spending 16 minutes there if buying fuel would not be suspicious at all. Just stopping to check to make sure the piggy's were doing OK would not be suspicious as well. Video I think would have shown if David met anyone there or any other suspicious activity took place.

JMO
An ex of mine's dad was a trucker for years - he paid using a company card. Not sure if this is common, he is the only trucker I have known.

I'm thinking more about the facility he picked up at, Sarah said there are 8 barns...I know, I know - they searched there. And we know he left there and made it as far as MM126 Truck Stop and apparently carried on westbound from there...then what. Was someone following him???

Just some random thoughts as this really perplexes me.
All of our company drivers, everybody in the industry who hauls livestock that knows Dave are pretty confident that he made it down to the place he was supposed to go and that things, whatever happened to Dave, went on there.

I absolutely do not believe Dave made it to his destination. It doesn't add up.

Cell phone records show Dave’s phone arrived at the intersection of Highway 20 and U.S. 71 at around 12:18 a.m.

Travel time from the Marker 126 Truck Stop to the intersection of Highway 20 and U.S. 71 is 40 mins per Google. Assuming he drove directly from Point A to Point B, that would imply he left the truck stop at approximately 11:38pm.

Investigators obtained video footage showing Dave at 11:15 p.m. on Nov. 21, 2023, at the Marker 126 Travel Center east of Fort Dodge, Iowa, on U.S. Highway 20. According to the press release, Dave was there for 16 minutes before leaving the truck stop.

And that implies he left at approximately 11:31pm. There's a 7 minute discrepancy there, but that's absolutely not enough time to get to his destination and back to this intersection that's at least 5 minutes away. It's far more plausible to explain those 7 minutes as the time it takes to get that big rig turned around, out of the parking lot, turn onto Highway 20, and get up to speed. I would be certain that he drove that stretch with no interruption.

Nothing is weird about that drive until he turns North on U.S. 71 - to get to his destination he should have turned South.

But I note that had he turned south, he would have arrived at his destination about 5 minutes after turning onto US 71 south. He would have arrived at approximately 12:23 am. He was running 23 minutes behind schedule already. I'm wondering if perhaps his route was right on schedule for the midnight eta until he stopped at the Marker 126 Truck Stop. If that stop wasn't planned or allotted for, that would explain why he was running behind.

But this...

Cell phone records show Dave’s phone arrived at the intersection of Highway 20 and U.S. 71 at around 12:18 a.m. The data shows the phone traveling north to where the truck was found and that it may have been there since 12:40 a.m., according to McClure.

And this...
Cell phone data shows Schultz's phone traveling to the location where the semi-truck was found — the intersection of D-15 and N-14. Data suggests the semi-truck may have been there since 12:40 a.m. on Nov. 21.

From the intersection of Highway 20 and U.S. 71 to the location where his truck was found is roughly 4.4 miles, approximately a 5 minute drive putting him there at approximately 12:23am. If he didn't reach the point where his truck was found until 12:40am, it took him 22 minutes.

I've got to speculate that something went very wrong before the point where his truck ended up. Somewhere shortly after turning North on US 71. At some point did he realize he was going the wrong direction? If so, there's not a lot of opportunity to get a big rig pulled over or turn around. It would make sense to turn off on one of those cross roads and loop back around. The roads there are laid out in 1 mile grids, so maybe he tried that?

1703905556651.png

I don't know, I've got nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members