IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
And remember how DS was in such a hurry that he didn't say good-bye to one of his children? Yet, we learn he is late in arriving at Eagle Grove. IDK.

From what Sarah has said, it sounds like David didn't kiss his son because he was already running late, and he wasn't able to get back on schedule to avoid arriving late at Eagle Grove.

My current theory is a mental state that caused David unease, anxiety, paranoia, perhaps heat or fever that caused him to want to escape the claustrophobic cab and get out, ditch the jacket, and possibly run, far farther than we think.

This is what I think, because a coat, gloves, and a boot are an awful lot of things to find outside the truck on the ground. 2nd for me would be that someone simply staged it, but I don't know if that would more likely be him or a 2nd party.

I've now watched the video (thank you again @Alwaysplatinum, and welcome to Websleuths!) and TBH I don't think the word "frantic" is intended to mean anything. I think it was just meant to say David was doing a quick check of the truck before setting off for the job.

It is strange that the man in the TikTok video says David was seen at Sparky's, because LE never mentioned that location in the press release. Even if David was there during his trip to Eagle Grove before picking up the pigs, it seems like it could still be relevant.
Sparky's is mentioned in the presser, just not by name. Sparky's is at the intersection of Hwy 20 and Hwy 4 and is referred to as "There was not any usable video from the DOT camera at Hwy 4 and Hwy 20, and there is no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4."

I would think LE would have looked at the video from Sparky's to see if David stopped there on his way to Eagle Grove at the same time they reviewed the video to see if David stopped there after leaving Eagle Grove.

LE would also know from phone data the direction of travel and any stops after David left his house and where David stopped to and from Eagle Grove.

I think the truck driver on tik tok is lying. LE has said that David never stopped at Sparkys truck stop. Idk why that driver would lie, maybe to get attention? I wonder what is going on with the reward? The page of Jake, head of the volunteer search group, has been silent about David's case the last few days.

I wonder if perhaps some people just assumed he had stopped at the Sparky's on Hwy 4? I honestly didn't know there was one east of Fort Dodge, maybe because I usually don't travel that far, so I would have assumed he had stopped at Sparky's on 4 since that is the only one I am familiar with between Sac and Fort Dodge.

Thank you for the information about the video. I haven't watched it so I'll do that now.

I think David's wife said he was running late before he ever left the house.

The thing that is sticking in my craw this whole time is that David went home to take a shower. He was running late, but wanted to go home and bathe? I get he has a 'dirty' job, and maybe he needed a quick shower to wake up. But assuming he's already off schedule, has family visiting, it just seems to me like a shower wouldn't be a priority.

In the sheriff's press release it stated DS was late to arrive to pick up the pigs and was the last to load? The last load of the night and the shift ends, or the last load for that group of driver's??? Earlier reports stated that he didn't make it to the delivery point or to pick up his next load. Was that next load going to be loaded out of Wieckman's then? It has always seemed like a very long day to have worked all day Monday, and then through the entire night.... Or maybe those reports weren't correct. Because I heard both. If he didn't, in fact, have another load, he should have been expected home by 2 or 3 in the morning. Is that where Sarah came up with that time?

The thing that is sticking in my craw this whole time is that David went home to take a shower. He was running late, but wanted to go home and bathe? I get he has a 'dirty' job, and maybe he needed a quick shower to wake up. But assuming he's already off schedule, has family visiting, it just seems to me like a shower wouldn't be a priority.
I agree! This is my opinion but besides being late to load in Eagle Grove, was he also late for someone waiting for him? I hate suggesting another woman or possibly drugs, but no other scenario fits.

David was taken, wasn't robbed because his cb radio and wallet are accounted for. His Semi and trailer were still there. Why would another person or persons take a grown 53 year old truck driver living in rural NW Iowa? Either drug debt or money owed or a lover scorned situation? Or he walked away and is making it look like someone took him.

The man in the video kind of clarifies that when he used the word "frantic," he just meant David was checking the truck quickly. He even said David seemed to just be doing a normal mid-journey check.

Frantic can also mean a person is afraid or anxious, but it doesn't sound like that was the case here.

Of course all of this is supposedly based on surveillance video from Sparky's, which it's now not clear even exists.
Maybe someone could contact the trucker about his source. He seems like a reasonable person and responds to comments on his site. It could be that there was indeed video of him there, stopping en route to EG, but LE stated he did not stop at 4 and 20 because they meant during his travels back from M126 to where the truck was found.

That stuck out to me too, and also, with the tight controls of shower in/shower out, he was going to be showering when he arrived at the pick up location, why shower right before he leaves when he's running late? It just seems odd.

I thought I recalled there was some mention of him looking "frantically" around his truck at some point - does anyone know where that was or what the source of that?

If that's true it might suggest either an altered mental state like confusion or paranoia or anxiety, but it could also mean something was going on that he was preoccupied with.
That came from that unapproved TikTok video that was floating around. The poster allegedly got his info from Jake/UCA. It was supposed to have happened at Sparky’s and David also allegedly got a cup of coffee.
LE says he stopped at Marker 126 for 16 minutes and did not mention any activity/sightings at Sparky's.

Sparky's is mentioned in the presser, just not by name. Sparky's is at the intersection of Hwy 20 and Hwy 4 and is referred to as "There was not any usable video from the DOT camera at Hwy 4 and Hwy 20, and there is no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4."

I would think LE would have looked at the video from Sparky's to see if David stopped there on his way to Eagle Grove at the same time they reviewed the video to see if David stopped there after leaving Eagle Grove.

LE would also know from phone data the direction of travel and any stops after David left his house and where David stopped to and from Eagle Grove.

Sorry, you're right. They did mention Sparky's as somewhere David *wasn't* seen. I didn't realize that was where LE were talking about.

Which means the man who made the video was either lying or badly misinformed.

Last edited:
This is a tight story.
No comments from neighbors, other family members, farmhands.
Zilch.
Almost seems like someone must know something ?
Js.

That came from that unapproved TikTok video that was floating around. The poster allegedly got his info from Jake/UCA. It was supposed to have happened at Sparky’s and David also allegedly got a cup of coffee.
LE says he stopped at Marker 126 for 16 minutes and did not mention any activity/sightings at Sparky's.
In addition, there'd be cameras at the Sparky's truck stop, one would surmise ?
Omo.

There was not any usable video from the DOT camera at Hwy 4 and Hwy 20, and there is no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4.
I wonder how intentional this language is. This could mean any of these scenarios:
  • There was no video at all
  • There was video but Schultz and his truck wasn't seen
  • There was video showing his truck but not him

I wonder how intentional this language is. This could mean any of these scenarios:
  • There was no video at all
  • There was video but Schultz and his truck wasn't seen
  • There was video showing his truck but not him
If I may add to your bulleted list, it could also mean:
  • There was no video of Schultz stopping at the truck stop at Hwy 4 during the time period between him leaving the M126 site, and arriving at the 20/71 intersection.

Since they were posting their sightings in chronological order, I think, MOO, that they could literally mean he didn't stop there on his way to the unloading site. And if the trucker's video comments are correct, the video capture could have taken place on his way TO EG and LE didn't feel it was worth noting because he was seen at EG and at M126 after that.
I checked all over the trucker's page for contact info but it seems you have to have a TT account to message someone, and I don't have one, and really don't want one, LOL. Otherwise I'd be happy to send him a message about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234