IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's because they have some leads and don't need to set up a reward.

But if I'm honest, I've kind of had a weird feeling about LE's relationship with Jake Rowley and the United Cajun Navy. I don't doubt his/their desire to help, but it almost feels like LE has been humoring them a little bit: "OK, why don't you go look over there whilst we do the important work."

Some of what I've seen reminds me a little bit of Peter Faulding, who has been involved in high-profile water searches in the UK. He inserts himself at the request of desperate families, but LE would often prefer he stays out of it.
Jake and his group did find the other man, something LE failed at. I also wonder were we would be at if they'd not start searching. Lots of technical issues with reward money to work out.

ETA: B4igo2it IS THIS MAP above correct??? If not, can you drop us a pin where the truck was found and hopefully stickb0y7 can make the adjustment...or we need a new map, hoping for the best,
mucho gracias all around.

The "found truck" pin was off a little because I wasn't using the satellite view before, but I fixed it the best I could based on the satellite images and put it near the 5th utility pole from the intersection. My understanding is that's where the reporter was standing in the video motioning to the ditch where the coat was found, and it also seemed to line up with the cell phone shot from SS's car when she pulled up behind the truck. I'd guess the pin is accurate to within one or two hundred feet, but if I'm off, let me know and I'll adjust it again.

I have been following this baffling case, and trying to catch up since the beginning. What a head scratcher!

I tend to agree with those that believe that David himself drove the truck there, but why and under what potential influence or mental state I cannot imagine.

I am also in the smaller minority camp that believes that it is a strong possibility that David is in the vicinity of his truck, obviously not super close, but he just hasn't been found yet. I have followed far too many cases here to know how often, despite best efforts and highly experienced searchers, bodies can be and are missed.

My current theory is a mental state that caused David unease, anxiety, paranoia, perhaps heat or fever that caused him to want to escape the claustrophobic cab and get out, ditch the jacket, and possibly run, far farther than we think.

But in reality, I'm open to any possibility at this stage.

Also, it shouldn't matter when a human being is missing, but it makes me sad to think about all those poor little hungry baby piggies stuck on that truck for 12 hours, especially if they had just been taken from their mom's, probably to move them to the other farm. Pigs are really smart, as smart as dogs, I think, and I can only imagine a truck full of puppies in the same situation.

All that said, my sympathy for pigs sadly isn't enough to stop me from eating bacon anytime soon!

If it turns out there's a medical reason for this (big IF) I'm assuming it's something that caused David to feel hot. His jacket and gloves were outside the truck, suggesting he was carrying them or wearing them but discarded them soon after.

Drugs. Heart attack. Hypothermia, unhelpfully, can actually make you feel hot.

Just a thought.

I thought I recalled there was some mention of him looking "frantically" around his truck at some point - does anyone know where that was or what the source of that?

If that's true it might suggest either an altered mental state like confusion or paranoia or anxiety, but it could also mean something was going on that he was preoccupied with.

I thought I recalled there was some mention of him looking "frantically" around his truck at some point - does anyone know where that was or what the source of that?

If that's true it might suggest either an altered mental state like confusion or paranoia or anxiety, but it could also mean something was going on that he was preoccupied with.
I have not read anything where "frantically" was used to describe David's actions.
That would have stuck with me, much like the "rambunctious" boys Classic and Cincere from California City.

Still nothing.
Where are you, David ?
:(

I have not read anything where "frantically" was used to describe David's actions.
That would have stuck with me, much like the "rambunctious" boys Classic and Cincere from California City.
Good point. Now I'm curious --were there cameras inside or outside of his rig ?
For security purposes.
Like some people have dash cams, etc.
Anything recorded, that was able to be gathered for this investigation ?
Omo.

I definitely don't remember seeing anything like that. Like @charminglane I'm sure I'd remember if I'd seen the word "frantically" used to describe David's behavior. If that has been mentioned somewhere I'd be extremely interested in reading it.

I remember this as well, but am not having any luck finding it. I don’t know if the specific word was “frantic” but it definitely sounds right.

Could frantic have been a word used by David's wife in a description?
It’s mentioned in a Tik tok video that DS wife shared. It’s from when we thought the truck stop that he stopped at was sparkys…. Which also leads me to this question, did DS stop there on his way to load and that’s why he was later than planned to pick up the pigs?

It’s mentioned in a Tik tok video that DS wife shared. It’s from when we thought the truck stop that he stopped at was sparkys…. Which also leads me to this question, did DS stop there on his way to load and that’s why he was later than planned to pick up the pigs?
Thank you! I did not think to take another look at that video. Forgot about it until seeing your post just now.

Thank you for the information about the video. I haven't watched it so I'll do that now.

I think David's wife said he was running late before he ever left the house.

I've now watched the video (thank you again @Alwaysplatinum, and welcome to Websleuths!) and TBH I don't think the word "frantic" is intended to mean anything. I think it was just meant to say David was doing a quick check of the truck before setting off for the job.

It is strange that the man in the TikTok video says David was seen at Sparky's, because LE never mentioned that location in the press release. Even if David was there during his trip to Eagle Grove before picking up the pigs, it seems like it could still be relevant.

I've now watched the video (thank you again @Alwaysplatinum, and welcome to Websleuths!) and TBH I don't think the word "frantic" is intended to mean anything. I think it was just meant to say David was doing a quick check of the truck before setting off for the job.

It is strange that the man in the TikTok video says David was seen at Sparky's, because LE never mentioned that location in the press release. Even if David was there during his trip to Eagle Grove before picking up the pigs, it seems like it could still be relevant.
Right and I think that video is made prior to the presser. So maybe his statement is based on rumor and assumptions? And hey, thanks for the welcome!!

He knew he was running late, so maybe that’s why he appeared frantic. Because he was in a bit of a rush.

He knew he was running late, so maybe that’s why he appeared frantic. Because he was in a bit of a rush.

The man in the video kind of clarifies that when he used the word "frantic," he just meant David was checking the truck quickly. He even said David seemed to just be doing a normal mid-journey check.

Frantic can also mean a person is afraid or anxious, but it doesn't sound like that was the case here.

Of course all of this is supposedly based on surveillance video from Sparky's, which it's now not clear even exists.

I think it might have been Jake Rowley who originally spoke about Sparky's, but he has said his information was coming from LE and LE haven't publicly mentioned Sparky's. Another oddity in this case.
And remember how DS was in such a hurry that he didn't say good-bye to one of his children? Yet, we learn he is late in arriving at Eagle Grove. IDK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jessiw1234