Found Deceased IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023 #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
You know, I have concluded that David is dead, LE knows basically what occurred, but does not have the hard evidences to proceed (a body, manner of death, autopsy results). They are sitting on the case; riding the missing/not found, until
some facet breaks. A tip on the increased reward, the perps get comfortable that they have gotten away with it, or one of those involved weakens/perps fall out and it all comes out. May be wrong, but there had to be some thought put into this by those who did it, so there is a level of trust among those involved. Weak links...
I’m with you on this one OldAce. As you said, LE has “one up” on us- they have DS phone which, in turn, means LE has a plethora of information…and from that info, do you think LE has any inkling of what led to DS disappearance? Oh if we only knew!!
I can’t begin to imagine the trauma and sadness his twin boys (and family) are experiencing.

LE also likely has much more information on finances that we've heard. i can recall in the Nicholas Francisco case the speculation at this time in the case were 1) wife, 2) foul play. Almost no one suspected he'd walk away on the way home from work bringing ingredients to make cookies with his kids.
The financial records were the tipping point in that case - secret bank accounts.

I’m with you on this one OldAce. As you said, LE has “one up” on us- they have DS phone which, in turn, means LE has a plethora of information…and from that info, do you think LE has any inkling of what led to DS disappearance? Oh if we only knew!!
I can’t begin to imagine the trauma and sadness his twin boys (and family) are experiencing.

Do we know if LE has been able to access his phone?

I know in some cases it's taken them months / years to either enforce the telecoms companies to comply and / or use code breaking technology to unlock

If they did have access to his phone then it would surely be clear that he was either going about his usual routine -or- in contact with people that would seem unexpected or outside of his regular day.

I know in some cases it's taken them months / years to either enforce the telecoms companies to comply and / or use code breaking technology to unlock

If they did have access to his phone then it would surely be clear that he was either going about his usual routine -or- in contact with people that would seem unexpected or outside of his regular day.
A couple weeks ago SS posted on fb about DS’s phone. LE still had his phone, but she inquired about shutting it off. They said she could according to her post. She realized it was still on a payment plan, because he had just gotten it last summer, so she said it made more sense to keep it on. This is all according to her post. So I’m assuming they must have everything they need??? Jmo

When David's truck was found LE used David's phone, found inside the truck, to call Sarah, so I don't think there was a pass code needed to unlock the phone. Which should have made it easy for LE to look at the call history to see who David had been in contact leading up to that time.

A couple weeks ago SS posted on fb about DS’s phone. LE still had his phone, but she inquired about shutting it off. They said she could according to her post. She realized it was still on a payment plan, because he had just gotten it last summer, so she said it made more sense to keep it on. This is all according to her post. So I’m assuming they must have everything they need??? Jmo
Personally. I would pay it off and shut it off. LE should have downloaded everything by now. There is nothing more to gain from physical possession of it. Money from the community, church, plus other sources will dwindle down. It most likely is not alot to pay it off since was gotten last summer and funds should be available I would think from support these past few months. Guess I would be thinking about the future at this point and providing for myself and family on my own. Eliminating un-needed expenses would be a good idea. I just do not see a value in keeping it on. I also would be asking for it back And if refused, ask for an explanation why it can not be.

[...]
No new leads - at all. In fact, investigators say it seems like Schultz simply vanished. Family members have their theories. But right now, no theory seems to hold more weight than any other. David Schultz disappeared, literally “into thin air,” investigators say, back in November. His truck was found near a rural intersection north of Sac City, Iowa.
[...]

BBM above. Interesting to see the media using this wording. While DS's disappearance is certainly mysterious, people cannot disappear 'literally into thin air'. IMO there must be a logical explanation for his disappearance. It may well take months, or years, to solve the mystery, but eventually there should be a resolution.

Regarding his phone, I agree with previous posts that LE should have access to his phone data since they (LE) used his phone to initially contact his wife. There shouldn't be any pass code issues to deal with.

All the above MOO.

[...]
No new leads - at all. In fact, investigators say it seems like Schultz simply vanished. Family members have their theories. But right now, no theory seems to hold more weight than any other. David Schultz disappeared, literally “into thin air,” investigators say, back in November. His truck was found near a rural intersection north of Sac City, Iowa.
[...]

BBM above. Interesting to see the media using this wording. While DS's disappearance is certainly mysterious, people cannot disappear 'literally into thin air'. IMO there must be a logical explanation for his disappearance. It may well take months, or years, to solve the mystery, but eventually there should be a resolution.

Regarding his phone, I agree with previous posts that LE should have access to his phone data since they (LE) used his phone to initially contact his wife. There shouldn't be any pass code issues to deal with.

All the above MOO.
When they say he 'vanished into thin air' that is a figure of speech. Everyone knows he did lot 'literally' vanish into thin air.

Snipped...
...Sarah also says David would not have committed suicide, because he’s very religious and to do so would be a sin.
I understand how families always lean toward something nefarious has happened when their loved one goes missing. Especially the ones who did not speak about harming themselves out loud, probably only to themselves and in their own minds or even reacting to a temporary emotion unfortunately. Or had a medical issue that caused unpredictable behavior.

Mark Riesberg was a perfect example. If this thread was his, his family would still be thinking he had been abducted. His bed had been slept in (according to the sisters observation), phone and wallet left at home, and his house was not far from the highway. Just him and his car were missing. Their thought was someone came to the house needing assistance, they took him and his vehicle, and something bad happened. It seemed plausible. With him being found, the true story was sadly revealed.

I sincerely hope this is not Davids story, for the sake of the family. If self harm or medical emergency, he is close by. Snow and cold hides alot. When it is gone and warm weather happens, I believe he will be found if either is the case.

I understand how families always lean toward something nefarious has happened when their loved one goes missing. Especially the ones who did not speak about harming themselves out loud, probably only to themselves and in their own minds or even reacting to a temporary emotion unfortunately. Or had a medical issue that caused unpredictable behavior.

Mark Riesberg was a perfect example. If this thread was his, his family would still be thinking he had been abducted. His bed had been slept in (according to the sisters observation), phone and wallet left at home, and his house was not far from the highway. Just him and his car were missing. Their thought was someone came to the house needing assistance, they took him and his vehicle, and something bad happened. It seemed plausible. With him being found, the true story was sadly revealed.

I sincerely hope this is not Davids story, for the sake of the family. If self harm or medical emergency, he is close by. Snow and cold hides alot. When it is gone and warm weather happens, I believe he will be found if either is the case.
Self harm, sadly, is still very high on the scale of one to 10 reasons for me. We keep trying to put rational reasons for it not being the case. But people in this frame of mind are not rational and they do things that people say they would never do like abandoning their family. Bodies are missed quite often where you would think they would never be. 100% agree with your post. JMO

Self harm, sadly, is still very high on the scale of one to 10 reasons for me. We keep trying to put rational reasons for it not being the case. But people in this frame of mind are not rational and they do things that people say they would never do like abandoning their family. Bodies are missed quite often where you would think they would never be. 100% agree with your post. JMO
Agreed... They just identified the remains of a woman in western MA who disappeared in October 2023. All involved were pretty certain it was a case of self-harm, and despite extensive searches in that area - she was a hiker and left her car near an area she frequently hiked in, a mountainous area with cliffs - they didn't find her until the other day. Another hiker came across part of her remains, in the same area they'd searched previously and extensively. It happens.

I don't think she had a thread here, but here's a link to the story if anyone is interested, as it is yet another real-life example of how searches, despite best efforts, are not always 100% fruitful.

I am hopeful this at least gets considered and more thorough searches are done. That night it was cold (20s I believe) with 25 mph winds and dark. Whether this was self harm or medical, he will be within a limited area of where the truck was found. If within his senses, he would have got out of that wind and cold close by. If medical, he may have traveled some but not very far because of hypothermia. I forgot it was also drizzling out so he would be wet. Makes hypothermia or seeking of shelter close by likely. Eugene Prin went missing under similar conditions of that night. He was found 1 1/2 miles from where he went missing. He had been seen walking that night. Hypothermia was most likely cause of his demise. Gives kind of an idea when hypothermia kicks in. Eugene had alcohol in his symptoms so causes a delay and had a coat on.

I believe David will be within a mile of where the truck was found, unless foul play. Then...total who knows where he is??

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeDee214
Back