IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of the trucks around here have their names on them. Nothing unusual about that. Imo
Yes, I realize that. I was just saying that if you’re looking for someone in a parking lot full of trucks, it definitely makes it easier to find them. Or if you happen to be on the side of the road by a stop sign waiting for a certain person to come along……..

Yes, I realize that. I was just saying that if you’re looking for someone in a parking lot full of trucks, it definitely makes it easier to find them. Or if you happen to be on the side of the road by a stop sign waiting for a certain person to come along……..
That big sign on the front of the livestock trailer would be a dead give away if someone was looking for a specific truck. Cattle hauler's, more commonly refereed by other truckers as "Bull Hauler", refer to that sign as a "Porch Light". Some more trivia for you all, the trailers are refereed to as "Bull Racks" The signs are lit up when the truck lights are on.

Someone could see that sign across a parking lot or coming down an exit ramp from a fair distance away if they were looking for David's truck.

Pay attention folks, were going to play Barn Yard Trivia Pursuit later.

JMO

That big sign on the front of the livestock trailer would be a dead give away if someone was looking for a specific truck. Cattle hauler's, more commonly refereed by other truckers as "Bull Hauler", refer to that sign as a "Porch Light". Some more trivia for you all, the trailers are refereed to as "Bull Racks" The signs are lit up when the truck lights are on.

Someone could see that sign across a parking lot or coming down an exit ramp from a fair distance away if they were looking for David's truck.

Pay attention folks, were going to play Barn Yard Trivia Pursuit later.

JMO
So is the “porch light” typically the last name of the person who owns the trailer, or can it be anything? I’ve noticed them before but never paid much attention I guess.

Re the news article posted about the search:
"Hundreds of people have volunteered to search for Schultz, but after scouring 100,000 acres near the highway, the effort was paused as searchers considered their next steps."

There are too many cases where a person's remains have been found in areas "previously searched".
A thorough search requires a grid search, with searchers walking while spread down a line. I don't know how anyone can claim they "scoured" 100,000 acres.
So very true, that bodies are often missed, and frequently it’s because they’re in dense underbrush and aren’t discovered until the leaves fall off, which doesn't match the geography out there. I do wonder if Jake’s team covered the same immediate square mile or so around the truck that LE searched at first. All it takes is for a searcher to sneeze or look the other way and they’ve walked right by something. We are all human.

If my friends husbands truck was on the road, not moving, with a load of hogs, at that time of day and it wasn’t something that I had seen him do previously I would at a minimum alert someone.
I'd assume the friend didnt know it was his truck until she found out the news that he was missing and where it was found. Then he/she probably realized that was the area where they had seen one and almost collided with...putting two and two together after the fact as opposed to knowing it was his and not checking in on him or his wife to alert her.

So very true, that bodies are often missed, and frequently it’s because they’re in dense underbrush and aren’t discovered until the leaves fall off, which doesn't match the geography out there.

The 100,000 acres mentioned is not free of vegetation and waterways. Bodies can missed on open ground too. The point is, only a walking grid search would be a thorough search, no matter the geography. I disagree that 100,000 acres could have been "scoured", some are saying they think the body would have been found if it was in the area.

The 100,000 acres mentioned is not free of vegetation and waterways. Bodies can missed on open ground too. The point is, only a walking grid search would be a thorough search, no matter the geography. I disagree that 100,000 acres could have been "scoured", some are saying they think the body would have been found if it was in the area.
I was agreeing with you. Which is why I’m curious if Jake’s team double checked the initial immediate search area at all.

I agree. As much as I'd like to think they couldn't have missed anything, previous cases prove things frequently are missed. IMO there's no way you can do a thorough search of such a large area this quickly, especially with changing weather conditions. They had snow during some days of the search!

Drones and special "spotting" software can do a lot, but it's not infallible technology.

I was agreeing with you. Which is why I’m curious if Jake’s team double checked the initial immediate search area at all.
I kind of doubt it, my understanding is that no one is actually walking through these fields, there just isn't a way to cover this. It would be very easy to miss a body from an ATV or a drone search in these fields.
I'm not criticizing the search, just questioning the calling it through and scouring and pointing out he could be any way close or far and not be found.

1701908792089.png

I agree. As much as I'd like to think they couldn't have missed anything, previous cases prove things frequently are missed. IMO there's no way you can do a thorough search of such a large area this quickly, especially with changing weather conditions. They had snow during some days of the search!

Drones and special "spotting" software can do a lot, but it's not infallible technology.
I recall a victim of self-harm who was missed because she was in a tree and the searchers were looking on the ground. jmo

DBM

i realize now there are 3 trucks, the old blue one OldCop posted, the red and white pete --- the one he was driving right??? and the wife mentions a new truck he hasn't driven yet...FWIW. i will find the link.

ETA: YES I'm confused.

The story was posted here:

Snipped...
...Sarah pulls up a picture on her phone. It’s Dave’s other truck, only steps away from being repaired at the mechanic shop in Wall Lake.

“He’s so proud of it,” Sarah said.
“Why would he leave before he even got the chance to drive it?”

Last edited:
I kind of doubt it, my understanding is that no one is actually walking through these fields, there just isn't a way to cover this. It would be very easy to miss a body from an ATV or a drone search in these fields.
I'm not criticizing the search, just questioning the calling it through and scouring and pointing out he could be any way close or far and not be found.

View attachment 466294
Yeah… I do recall they said the LE searches initially consisted of humans, dogs, air searches and drones. Someone posted that Jake’s drone folks were using heat technology and of course that doesn’t help if someone is deceased and it’s cold out. I’d like to think they also used regular drones with really good HD imaging, forget heat sensing.

I feel like someone needs a good convo with Jake and LE to see exactly what they did, esp as far as grid searching.

Where are we getting 330 AM from?
This is the time that Sarah Schultz gave when talking about how long David’s truck had been parked in the middle of the road.

From this article: Wall Lake trucker's wife makes plea for help after his disappearance

My husband would never do that," she said. "It had been parked there, I'm guessing, for about 12 hours from 3:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. People drove around it all day -- a big red truck -- and didn't turn it in."

I'm still ten pages back, but had a thought.

Is there anything that could have happened that would cause a driver to enter the trailer once en route?

Like some kind of ruckus among the piggies?

(Or something mechanical, but in the interior of the trailer?)

If he needed to stop the truck to check out what was happening inside the trailer, he wouldn't have felt the need to bring his wallet and phone with him, but he might have stopped outside the truck to put on his dirty loading jumpsuit before entering the trailer, to keep his driving clothes clean.

Then -- what? The pigs probably couldn't consume him with no evidence left in just a few hours. But what if the ruckus was something like a human stowaway? who then harmed/kidnapped DS?

MOO

I wonder if David (might have) had an accident (recently??) with his blue truck??? Not saying it was his fault at all, just wondering if that's part of the reason for the upgrade to the new truck he hasn't even driven yet??

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members