IA IA - David Schultz, 53, Wall Lake, 21 November 2023

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
.....and also my husband drove himself to the ER after his table saw cut his finger to the bone. :oops: Their reasoning: neither of them wanted to "inconvenience" the 911 people, not to mention pay for the cost of an ambulance.
Oh my, I forgot that was a thing in the US. :eek:
I'm in the UK where it's funded by our taxes, the same as in many European countries.

It can be expensive. It was $700 for a 3 mile ride by ambulance to a local church where they landed a life flight for me in 2020. The life flight was $58,600 for a 13 minute helicopter ride to the nearest trauma center.

Could anything really be worse than death at this point? I would be hoping for anything but….
The lingering of not knowing can be worse than death, I can understand that. Of course, you hope the person is alive, not deceased, but if the person is dead, you grieve, gather your life back together, and move on. If you don't know if the person is dead, what do you do? Wait? Watch? Move on? There is no "end" to the waiting if you don't know what happened.

Very difficult either way. :(

The lingering of not knowing can be worse than death, I can understand that. Of course, you hope the person is alive, not deceased, but if the person is dead, you grieve, gather your life back together, and move on. If you don't know if the person is dead, what do you do? Wait? Watch? Move on? There is no "end" to the waiting if you don't know what happened.

Very difficult either way. :(
I understand, I think if it were me at this early stage, I would be holding onto faith and hope. I would not want to hear about death.

<modsnip - posts containing references to psychics removed>

I think there was someone in the road, who flagged him down, and there was an accomplice in another vehicle behind Dave.

But here is my issue- what would be the motive? He wasn’t robbed, the pigs were unharmed, the truck was left intact.

As a farmer and someone with a long history in production agriculture, I did think about a radical animal rights groups being involved, but I would have thought they would have made it known it was them.

Last edited by a moderator:
1702064274300.jpeg
"We won't give up til you are home with us," she wrote on Thursday. "I know this was not your fault. I know you would never leave us. We love you so much and our love for you will never end."
*wondering what wife might be thinking about with that statement?

ADMIN REMINDER:

Please do not sleuth the social media of family members.

Excerpt from The Rules: Etiquette & Information

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing known victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is known to be relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, or others who have not been officially designated by law enforcement or in mainstream media as a Person of Interest or suspect is not allowed (i.e. Sleuthing out this type of information, and publicly posting their social media, personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public is not allowed and such posts will be removed, along with any posts that encourage such sleuthing).

This does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media. Members may reasonably discuss what is said in MSM by them or about them, but do not make random accusations, insinuations, suggest their involvement, trash, bash or attack them, or speculate negatively about them.

All members are required to read The Rules they agreed to upon registering with this site. All rules can be found linked in my signature and/or can be found here.

I think there was someone in the road, who flagged him down, and there was an accomplice in another vehicle behind Dave.

But here is my issue- what would be the motive? He wasn’t robbed, the pigs were unharmed, the truck was left intact.

As a farmer and someone with a long history in production agriculture, I did think about a radical animal rights groups being involved, but I would have thought they would have made it known it was them.
There is no way a trained truck driver would stop in a situation, even a forced stop like that and not put on the emergency flashers. It's just second nature to them.

This is part of the reason why I don't think Dave is who left his truck there!!!
Same for me. If someone diverted him at the main intersection, why would they have him drive 5 miles north?

Although, if he was attacked where the truck was found, they could have forced him to turn off the lights, engine, etc. Or else they did it themselves.

Right near where David’s truck was found near the intersection of N14 and D15, (Union Ave at 190th St), there is a power station that was mentioned in an earlier post. I am thinking that there are no cameras there as LE would likely have picked up some info as to what transpired when the truck was left where it was.
Suppose someone was parked there that night. Someone waiting for David so he could leave with them? So he could walk away from his life?
Or an accomplice of someone who hijacked David at the stop sign where he got off Hwy 20, or at Sparky’s? Because of a personal grudge? A road rage incident?

Attachments

• IMG_0157.jpeg
    IMG_0157.jpeg
    163.6 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Looking at the map I don't think there are any towns in the direction David's truck was traveling that would have a hospital. Storm Lake has a hospital, but the route to get there would have been continue further west on Hwy 20 and then north on Hwy 71, not the road David's truck was found on.

If David was trying to get to a hospital, why stop in the middle of the road and go walking off so far no one can find him? Medical emergencies and long walks just don't go together in my mind. If David was unable to drive the most logical thing to do would have been staying close to the truck until a passing motorist could assist him.

Medical emergency also doesn't explain why David was traveling in the wrong direction from where he was heading according to what David's wife has said.
But his phone was in the truck right? Why not just dial 911 or call someone for help?

None of this makes sense.

MOO

If it was an animals rights group I don’t think they would have left the pigs jammed into a truck for 12 hours.

All our ideas are sound but they just aren’t hitting the mark.

What are we missing and why is LE so quiet?

Same for me. If someone diverted him at the main intersection, why would they have him drive 5 miles north?

Although, if he was attacked where the truck was found, they could have forced him to turn off the lights, engine, etc. Or else they did it themselves.
If they diverted him; he may have realized something was wrong and tried to drive out of the area as quickly as possible.

One of these posts someone stated truckers turn on something that cools down turbo but they don't shut it off. A truck stopped on the road; no lights and not running most would think it broke down there and a wrecker or mechanic is on its way.

Most bothersome fact is the search/rescue dogs and thier reaction.

Right near where David’s truck was found near the intersection of N14 and D15, (Union Ave at 190th St), there is a power station that was mentioned in an earlier post. I am thinking that there are no cameras there as LE would likely have picked up some info as to what transpired when the truck was left where it was.
Suppose someone was parked there that night. Someone waiting for David so he could leave with them? So he could walk away from his life?
Or an accomplice of someone who hijacked David at the stop sign where he got off Hwy 20, or at Sparky’s? Because of a personal grudge? A road rage incident?
That would be a great place to park and wait. I would think if a voluntary disappearance is the case, he would have had a burner phone to communicate with given how there’d be no way he could predict a short window of time when he’d be near that intersection. IMO

But then why pick up the pigs at all?

That would be a great place to park and wait. I would think if a voluntary disappearance is the case, he would have had a burner phone to communicate with given how there’d be no way he could predict a short window of time when he’d be near that intersection. IMO

But then why pick up the pigs at all?
To establish last point of contact where he was working/loading at pig farm?
To leave us with wtf happened - where we are today?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LowStuff5019