IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thoughts and prayers that these girls be found safe soon.

Something that caught my eye, the person seeing bikes at 12:27. So precise to recall that a day later. And not say around 12:30. Maybe just me, but, that caught my attention.

Reaize that this is a small town...but are there any cameras anyplace downtown ?

Thoughts and prayers that these girls be found safe soon.

Something that caught my eye, the person seeing bikes at 12:27. So precise to recall that a day later. And not say around 12:30. Maybe just me, but, that caught my attention.

I assumed that the time was so precise because of a connection with an appointment time or phone call.

My daughter and I were talking about the articles on this case earlier, and she made an interesting point. If the girls were abducted by the fence why would the perp throw the purse/cell phone over the fence in the direction of the highway? If they threw the purse/phone at all it would most likely be in the opposite direction. Something feels wrong to me about the purse/phone being throw over the fence towards the road. How busy is this highway at this time of day? One of our thoughts was maybe the girls scaled the fence when someone on the other side stopped and enticed them in some manner. Maybe someone they knew said hey want to go get ice cream, or hey someone in your family is sick/needs you to come with me, or something similiar. Then when on the other side the person quickly forced them into a car leaving or throwing the purse/phone towards the fence.

Praying that these two precious girls are found alive and well, soon.

It seems someone wanted it to look like the girls crossed the fence to the interstate side...or they tossed the purse there to keep a girl from trying to retrieve it while being 'forced' to walk on ahead. I wish we knew the exact location of the bike & direction headed, in relation to the purse and where it was found...if indeed it was over the fence. I can't envison the girls climbing the fence on their own...nor an abductor(s) draggin them over it.
Poor girls, where are they.

Yes. That's what I think police (and myself) have concluded. Someone tossed the purse/phone toward the fence after the girls climbed over and went to a vehicle.

But why aren't the cops calling it an abduction? What else would it be? If they were 13 or 14 then maybe it makes sense they ran away. But an 8 and 10 yr old?

It seems someone wanted it to look like the girls crossed the fence to the interstate side...or they tossed the purse there to keep a girl from trying to retrieve it while being 'forced' to walk on ahead. I wish we knew the exact location of the bike & direction headed, in relation to the purse and where it was found...if indeed it was over the fence. I can't envison the girls climbing the fence on their own...nor an abductor(s) draggin them over it.
Poor girls, where are they.

Why not? I grew up in a rural area and climbed over fences all the time at that age, it was fun. Besides this fence, even though it is high, appears to be easy to climb over.

clarifying- yes I climbed fences too, a wild tomboy, but...climbing this fence NEXT to an interstate...not exactly anything exciting on the other side but a road...unless they were lured over, seems an odd place for that, or to climb...just saying

I agree, which is why I think they were most likely lured over. I may very well be wrong, but I just cannot wrap my head around throwing the purse/phone towards the highway rather than in the opposite direction over the fence on the other side.

Does anyone know (and this may have been posted, so forgive me if I missed it) but, does anyone know if police have used tracking dogs around the fence area where the purse/phone were found?

Did they want to cross the interstate? I notice a nature trail bridge that goes over the river. Did the leave their bikes on pupose and cross the interstate? The purse forgotten?

I hope they are searching across the interstate to as they really could have gotten lost if they did manage to get across that highway ,and not been about to get back across.

IDK but it isnt looking good.

Yes. That's what I think police (and myself) have concluded. Someone tossed the purse/phone toward the fence after the girls climbed over and went to a vehicle.

So you think it wasn't staged to make it look like they went towards a vehicle voluntarily, but that they actually did this? If the bikes were between the path and road and the phone/purse were between the bikes and the road, it suggests that's the path the girls took ... but if they and the purse/phone were on the same side of the road, why didn't they pick them up? If they were lured by someone from the road, how did that happen when they were riding bikes ... did they see something that made them want to get off their bikes, climb a fence, leave the phone lying on the ground?

Could the girls have had the purse/phone with them when they crossed the fence and then someone tossed the phone onto the ground after grabbing the girls?

But why aren't the cops calling it an abduction? What else would it be? If they were 13 or 14 then maybe it makes sense they ran away. But an 8 and 10 yr old?

They're still looking at the possibility that there was an accident.

Did they want to cross the interstate? I notice a nature trail bridge that goes over the river. Did the leave their bikes on pupose and cross the interstate? The purse forgotten?

I hope they are searching across the interstate to as they really could have gotten lost if they did manage to get across that highway ,and not been about to get back across.

I read that they usually stay close to home. They don't sound like the type that would go exploring over fences and freeways after ditching their bikes near a lake and leaving a purse and cell phone lying on the ground.

They're still looking at the possibility that there was an accident.

Would the FBI be there to investigate an accident? Hopefully they have much going on behind the scenes that we have not heard reported and they are not missing a beat on anything for these two young girls.
jmo

By Saturday afternoon, several different local and state law enforcement agencies and search groups were involved along with the FBI and National Center for Missing and Exploited Children.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Sear...k-County-for-Two-Missing-Girls-162494926.html

In this article it refers to the investigators finding a BAG. That does not imply a purse to me but more like a lightweight gym or tote bag, the type that might have a drawstring. My only reason for mentioning this is that I wonder what was in the bag...
my just 13 yo daughter totes around a ton of stuff in hers for school, overnights, and adventures. She wouldnt carry a purse yet.
jmo

Just a few hours after the girls left, investigators found the girls bikes, and a bag they had with them, near the southeast side of Meyers Lake.

http://www.kcrg.com/news/local/Sear...k-County-for-Two-Missing-Girls-162494926.html

They are missing near a lake.

I always think "drowning" first when there are large bodies of water nearby.

The trail the bikes were found actually has a path that loops under the interstate over to the river on the other side. So it doesn't make sense for the to try to cross the interstate when they could have just rode their bikes there.

I noted the trail under the road earlier. I too thought maybe they were thinking of crossing over the interstate to the river. When I saw the trail, though, I ruled out that theory.

I have a few more ideas, though.

What if they were abducted by someone they knew through their parents? If mom and dad have been to parties and took one or both girls, it's possible that they met someone that way. They may have added that person to a Facebook or Twitter account and then the person lured them. Lots of parties take place around Independence Day. Police should get a list of names if these girls were at a party in the last few weeks.

If it was a stranger from out of the area, a quick Google Maps look would probably make that spot by the lake the first choice of a spot to meet the girls.

Perhaps the girls ran away because they felt they had done something wrong.

There was a case not long ago where a young man drove down from Canada and abducted a young girl. I believe police stopped him on the road in Minnesota.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member