IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The trail to the lake is not too far from where they were last seen. If the distance is 1.5 miles, it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to get there on bike.

I prefer to believe that they rode their bikes there by themselves. But the purse/phone thrown over the fence is scary.

Why would someone offer two girls with bikes a ride and why would two girls with bikes accept a ride. That doesn't make sense to me.

What if they decided to go to a store, to buy soda,candy,whatever ? It was hot, possibly they were offered a ride. There are so many ways that kids can be lured... :(

The news tonight is reporting that it is still a missing persons case and they have no evidence that leads them to the girls bring abducted.

I have no idea I guess, as to what it takes to lead them to believe they were abducted. Two kids who know the area, Ina mostly residential area, separated from their bikes, and to hone and purse over the fence. It all screams to me that they were taken. I'd sure like to be wrong though and see them wander out of the woods.

I just cannot think of any good reason that the girls would have thrown away the purse and the phone. Maybe bullies might have done something like that. Even girl bullies are cruel that way.

It seems scary that they were thrown over the fence though.

Well after looking at that area again, I'm thinking that it's possible that they got off their bikes as soon as the lake was accessible to them. Just past the area where our local poster suggests that it's fenced off to allow draining to the river on the other side of the highway.

Now I want to know how that draining is done? Is there some kind of drain running under the highway? Has that been checked?

And as far as the purse, perhaps it was left with the bikes and someone picked it up to check for cash and then just tossed it?

If this is not an abduction, then I agree with nurse, those girls could have gotten into trouble exploring around the edge of the water and ended up in the lake. :(

MOO

The trail to the lake is not too far from where they were last seen. If the distance is 1.5 miles, it shouldn't take more than 5-10 minutes to get there on bike.

Now that's interesting..because that person who called in the tip would have seen the bikes lying there at 12:27 pm...just a couple of minutes + or -from when the girls would presumably have gotten to the area ... wow...

What if they decided to go to a store, to buy soda,candy,whatever ? It was hot, possibly they were offered a ride. There are so many ways that kids can be lured... :(

When I was about 11, my cousin and I, a girl my same age, were riding our bikes around her neighborhood. Some middle school boys had a tiny kitten, and they told us there were some abandoned kittens in a field nearby. And of course they said, '"follow us." So we did follow them for quite awhile, but they kept looking around nervously, so i got spooked, and refused to go any further. My cousin was mad at me, because she liked one of the boys, but my gut instinct was saying no way. LOL

most 8 and 10 yr old girls are very easy to lure away. Puppies, kittens, soda pop, almost anything will work. They are still so pure and trusting. :mad:

It seems to me that if they were offered a ride, the bikes would have been left behind. An abductor packing up two children and two bikes might draw attention to themselves. Also, taking the bikes from a vehicle to where the bikes were found would also be risky. Anything is possible though.

Well after looking at that area again, I'm thinking that it's possible that they got off their bikes as soon as the lake was accessible to them. Just past the area where our local poster suggests that it's fenced off to allow draining to the river on the other side of the highway.

Now I want to know how that draining is done? Is there some kind of drain running under the highway? Has that been checked?

And as far as the purse, perhaps it was left with the bikes and someone picked it up to check for cash and then just tossed it?

If this is not an abduction, then I agree with nurse, those girls could have gotten into trouble exploring around the edge of the water and ended up in the lake. :(

MOO

If the 8 yr old fell in, the 10 yr old might have fallen in trying to save her.

One report said it was only 4 feet deep through out most of the lake. But the drain thing does sound very scary.

The news tonight is reporting that it is still a missing persons case and they have no evidence that leads them to the girls bring abducted.

I have no idea I guess, as to what it takes to lead them to believe they were abducted. Two kids who know the area, Ina mostly residential area, separated from their bikes, and to hone and purse over the fence. It all screams to me that they were taken. I'd sure like to be wrong though and see them wander out of the woods.

I don't think that they wandered out in the woods. Maybe, but I doubt it. And I have seen nothing to make me believe they ran away. Sadly, my heart tells me they were probably abducted. :mad:

When I was about 11, my cousin and I, a girl my same age, were riding our bikes around her neighborhood. Some middle school boys had a tiny kitten, and they told us there were some abandoned kittens in a field nearby. And of course they said, '"follow us." So we did follow them for quite awhile, but they kept looking around nervously, so i got spooked, and refused to go any further. My cousin was mad at me, because she liked one of the boys, but my gut instinct was saying no way. LOL

most 8 and 10 yr old girls are very easy to lure away. Puppies, kittens, soda pop, almost anything will work. They are still so pure and trusting. :mad:

I've been wondering that too ... could they have met someone downtown that invited them to go see something special. If that's the case, then when they were seen at 12:27, were they seen with their bikes or where just the bikes seen. If they were with their bikes, were they with a third party?

Purse and phone on one side of the fence, bikes on the other side of the fence.

Where did info about the purse and phone being on the highway side of the fence come from? I saw it posted on the first page but didn't see it in the links up to that point. Thanks!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Where did info about the purse and phone being on the highway side of the fence come from? I saw it posted on the first page but didn't see it in the links up to that point. Thanks!

I believe it was posted in an earlier article on the courier. They update the same article quite a bit though.

Don't know how big the drain pipe is under the highway but the article does say they would install screens on the pipe to keep the fish from the river from entering the lake.

I've been wondering that too ... could they have met someone downtown that invited them to go see something special. If that's the case, then when they were seen at 12:27, were they seen with their bikes or where just the bikes seen. If they were with their bikes, were they with a third party?

I understood the person who tipped LE to say that they only saw the bikes at 12:27 p.m..Not the girls.

The question would be : what else did the tipster see ? Any vehicles ? Anything at all ?

I'm trying to track down a link now too. I know I read it somewhere. I'll post a link when I find it.

The information is posted on the facebook page, but I'll look for a news link.

I wonder what direction the bikes were pointed in...like they laid them down or tossed aside haphazardly...or placed there in some fashion. In looking at the map, could it be possible someone followed them down Grand BLvd? On to Arbutus, and followed them on foot to the trail?I wonder if you can go on foot thru the woods, from where Arbutus changes to Evans...there appears to be an opening...

could someone have taken them from there...or snatched them elsewhere, & stopped & planted the Bikes and purse before leaving the area to be rid of them

I wonder what direction the bikes were pointed in...like they laid them down or tossed aside haphazardly...or placed there in some fashion. In looking at the map, could it be possible someone followed them down Grand BLvd? On to Arbutus, and followed them on foot to the trail?I wonder if you can go on foot thru the woods, from where Arbutus changes to Evans...there appears to be an opening...

could someone have taken them from there...or snatched them elsewhere, & stopped & planted the Bikes and purse before leaving the area to be rid of them

If the order was something like:

water --> fence --> path --> bikes --> railing or fence --> purse --> phone --> main road,

Is it possible that someone on the main road abducted them, or that someone wants police to believe that?

Google Maps Street View: SE tip of Meyers Lake from the main road

SEtipofMeyersLake.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads