IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't read the entire thread (just on page 8!) so this might have already been mentioned. But I looked at Elizabeth's moms FB account. I don't know why but it strikes me as very odd the mom has very few pictures of her daughter, in fact the picture in her profile is one from 2011 (one the media is using as well). Her timeline cover photo isn't a missing person flyer either (maybe I am being picky, but as a mom to two...if one was missing every place I could post on my FB would be about my kids being missing).

I looked through her photo albums as well and very few photos were of Elizabeth (and she had a LOT of albums...of random stuff...other siblings but very few of E, except at holidays mostly). I don't say this because I think the mom is involved, I say this because maybe she did actually live with the grandmother? I think if they did live with her, they should say why...

I don't know why but this case really interests me, possibly because it seems so unlikely two girls would go missing at once. Some one had to have taken them, and my gut says with so many SO's (two in very close distance that were assaulted children) in the area...who is to say they were not in contact with each other, or worse working together?

Maybe the girls did live with their grandmother, making them easier targets (to take as a pair) as they were playing together often (even if they didn't live together, it's been stated they did play together often). Maybe they were being stalked.

I highly doubt they were lured away via the internet, I looked at their profiles on FB (well Lyric's btw that profile picture is not here, it's Selena Gomez) she had few friends. Most were her age, not to say that the abductor would be on FB (but then again, in order to gain enough trust you would think they would be. Because the first place a tween girl would want to add a new friend is FB. I looked at Lyric's 60+ friends, they were established profiles from around her, family or school friends mostly. Some I couldn't get much info on, but almost all had a lot of friends (local), making me believe they were legit profiles).

I hope these girls are found soon, but the longer this plays out the more I feel it will not be ending we are all praying for.

Welcome to Websleuths!

Shasta and Dylan Groene.

Not an abduction but they were killed together: Taylor Paschal-Placker and Skyla Jade Whittaker.

I think it would actually have been rather easy to abduct the two girls from Arbutus Dr (street closest to where bikes were found). It's really hot and humid in Iowa right now, so almost everyone has their windows closed and a/c running during the day. Plus, it was before 5 pm on a Friday, so most adults and many older teens would be at work.

I saw a program on Discovery ID where two teenage girls were camping alone and both abducted and I think both killed...it can happen.

Is it possible the perp was on an ATV or something like that on the trail? Does anyone local know if they can go on there, and if so would be noticed and noted as odd if there was one?

I mean depending on the type of construction being done (how loud mostly), who's to say that they are even notable witnesses...

Hello! I've been reading but haven't chimed in. I think it may be a good idea if it hasn't been done already, to check for any surveillance video that would be available prior to entering the park area. They could have met up with someone while riding their bikes that led them or followed them in that direction. I would also check to see if any video might possibly be over in the housing area through the woods.

I'm really curious where the dogs lost their scent? Does anyone know?

One of the locals who has been posting here has said there is very little surveillance footage available. it is a small town without many cameras. And apparently none out in that area.

Did anyone take a look at Elizabeth Collin's mom's FB page. She left it public and all her photos are accessible. Too bad! Stalkers paradise.

I find it interesting that there is one guy (TK) who likes most of the photos. Not sure what his relationship is to them.

But would it be possible that the girls went with someone they knew very well?

I wonder if they left on someone's boat? Is boating allowed?

I haven't read the entire thread (just on page 8!) so this might have already been mentioned. But I looked at Elizabeth's moms FB account. I don't know why but it strikes me as very odd the mom has very few pictures of her daughter, in fact the picture in her profile is one from 2011 (one the media is using as well). Her timeline cover photo isn't a missing person flyer either (maybe I am being picky, but as a mom to two...if one was missing every place I could post on my FB would be about my kids being missing).

I looked through her photo albums as well and very few photos were of Elizabeth (and she had a LOT of albums...of random stuff...other siblings but very few of E, except at holidays mostly). I don't say this because I think the mom is involved, I say this because maybe she did actually live with the grandmother? I think if they did live with her, they should say why...

I don't know why but this case really interests me, possibly because it seems so unlikely two girls would go missing at once. Some one had to have taken them, and my gut says with so many SO's (two in very close distance that were assaulted children) in the area...who is to say they were not in contact with each other, or worse working together?

Maybe the girls did live with their grandmother, making them easier targets (to take as a pair) as they were playing together often (even if they didn't live together, it's been stated they did play together often). Maybe they were being stalked.

I highly doubt they were lured away via the internet, I looked at their profiles on FB (well Lyric's btw that profile picture is not here, it's Selena Gomez) she had few friends. Most were her age, not to say that the abductor would be on FB (but then again, in order to gain enough trust you would think they would be. Because the first place a tween girl would want to add a new friend is FB. I looked at Lyric's 60+ friends, they were established profiles from around her, family or school friends mostly. Some I couldn't get much info on, but almost all had a lot of friends (local), making me believe they were legit profiles).

I hope these girls are found soon, but the longer this plays out the more I feel it will not be ending we are all praying for.

I think it was Lyric who was living with her cousin, her aunt was her guardian in 2007, no idea when that ended though.

Did anyone take a look at Elizabeth Collin's mom's FB page. She left it public and all her photos are accessible. Too bad! Stalkers paradise.

I find it interesting that there is one guy (TK) who likes most of the photos. Not sure what his relationship is to them.

But would it be possible that the girls went with someone they knew very well?

Also find it interesting they disappeared on Friday the 13th. Coincidence??

Also it seems Elizabeth Collin's mom has a FB friend (MWW-drummer)from bleedchain - brutual metal band and that friend is active on the FB page and jokingly says he said a prayer when he was getting a massage. May be he is a good friend but his acquaintances might not be.

can anyone think of a stranger abduction where the perp kidnapped 2 kids? I can't! I can not see someone being able to abduct two children leave no evidence or witnesses in broad daylight. I cant see this being the girls meeting someone online, they are just to young to have that kind of intrest online, the best possability I can see is that they ran into someone they were somehow acquinted with and willingly left with that person.

Shasta and Dylan Groene - Dylan, brother and 2 adults killed, Shasta found alive 6 weeks later.
Kody and Sarah Maynard - 2 adults and Kody killed, Sarah found alive 5 days later.

Both taken from the home.

Tionda and Diamond Bradley - never found
Katherine and Sheila Lyons - never found

Both disappeared outside the home.

I know there are a couple other sibling groups as well that I am not remembering at the moment.

There have been other cases of teenagers taken together.
Girls... or girl and boy pairs. Even a couple of groups of 3-5 teens.

Now the differences with those groups/couples is that they were found rather quickly.
Raped, battered, and/or killed... but found quickly.

Holly Wells and Jessica Chapman- 9 and 10 I think, vanished when they went to the shop for sweets. Turns out their teacher's SO boyfriend lured them into his house to see their teacher (she wasn't home at the time but gave him an alibi later) and killed them both. They knew him to see- he was a caretaker at their school. So yeah- there have been cases of abductions in pairs.

I think they followed someone or maybe 2 persons to this location.
I say 2 because it would be hard for one person to controll two girls!

This stuff shouldnt be happening!

You're an amazing crime analyst for a beer drinker. Have you considered going to Quantico?

Yes. What I anticipate is learning that a family member of someone they met online arranged to meet. This person stopped along the interstate, had them hop the fence, got them into a vehicle and threw their phones and purses by the fence.

The side of the fence that their stuff was on is very telling. It indicates that something transpired at that point. If they were just swimming, their things wouldn't jump over the fence.

If you're talking about the special needs girl, that made it extraordinarily wonderful!

This reminds me of when the little girl in Florida was missing (Nadia?) and her bike was found abandoned...many thought for sure she had been abducted, but she had left it there and continued on foot and was found 4-5 days later, still alive, amazingly enough.

It's time for my dumb question of the day. Could someone have placed the bikes over the fence from the highway side? ( Not the girls) And while I'm at it, has anyone mentioned any camera footage from anywhere being available? TY

We have heard three accounts of when the bikes were seen/found:

12:27 (a tip called in saying they saw the bikes at the spot at the lake but not the girls) - someone saw this on FB.

3:30 bikes were found (FB?)

4:00 bikes were found (a couple posts up thread)

ETA: "The girls were last seen at about 12:15 p.m. Friday near Lafayette Road riding bikes. Their bicycles were discovered on the southeast corner of Meyers Lake, along with a purse and cell phone belonging to Elizabeth, about 4 hours later."

Read More: http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/ev...d32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html#ixzz20iG6tgNk

One person can control two girls much more easily than one would think.

I think they followed someone or maybe 2 persons to this location.
I say 2 because it would be hard for one person to controll two girls!

This stuff shouldnt be happening!

One person can control two girls much more easily than one would think.

Yea i guess but we have 2 girls on bikes.
My thinking is they went there with someone and i was thinking other kids!
I think someone was checking her purse for money and saw they had none and tossed it It happend to land on the other side of the fence.

I dont know!
I just dont think the girls would ride out there without come coaxing by someone.

I woke up this morning to see this as the top headline on CNN (on my mobile version anyway) and I was so happy. I wish the headline had been that the girls were found safe but seeing them get national coverage is great. I really don't feel like the girls were ever taken far from home but with the highway right there you can't discount it. It would prob be best if they were taken by someone passing through because I can't imagine someone in their own neighborhood keeping them alive long.

After the heartbreak of losing Carnel I just want these little girls returned home safely. My son's gf brought her nieces up to play last weekend and they were the exact same age as Elizabeth & Lyric. They were such fun to watch having water balloon fights with my son & his best friend. At one point my son, his best friend and the oldest girl all sat on the couch with 3 lap tops having "song offs" by seeing who could play the best song. The youngest sat on my lap and we were supposed to judge until all the noise sent us running for quiet. They were just so sweet and innocent and I can't imagine sitting with their families or joining search parties if this were them.

can anyone think of a stranger abduction where the perp kidnapped 2 kids? I can't! I can not see someone being able to abduct two children leave no evidence or witnesses in broad daylight. I cant see this being the girls meeting someone online, they are just to young to have that kind of intrest online, the best possability I can see is that they ran into someone they were somehow acquinted with and willingly left with that person.

They Lyon sisters. The springfeild 3 . Laura and Ashley bible from OK.

I KNOW there are more. These are just off the top of my head . Pairs of people are also the victim of foul intentions. It might seems strange because it involves more of a risk but there are scarey risky people out there who sometimes even end up with luck on their side for whatever reason.

All above cases are unsolved.

There's something I'm not sure we're all taking into consideration, and I want to be sure we are. One of my instructors would always say, details, details. There isn't any item too small to mention. There might be something that you think is way out in left field, NO WAY is it possible............ but it is. Possible, I mean.
Who was the last person to see the girls and where was it again? Did anyone else see them in that same area? Were they alone or was someone seen talking to them then?
With the comments I saw earlier, I would tend to think if the girls were doing something online, the police have the computers or whatever they used to access online. And they were too young to legally have a facebook account. Did they have one or was that speculation?
Another thing is, the day before they disappeared, who saw them that day? What did they do that day? Maybe if they voluntarily left with someone, they saw that person the day before or prior to that, to make plans. If they got grabbed, someone must have gotten close enough to be trusted.
Someone might say, these girls were too smart, they wouldn't go with a stranger, etc. No one is always too smart. Some predators have amazing patience, by the time the child realizes they're a victim, it's sometimes too late, they are caught. It might be too late for them to not be caught, but we can pray it's not to late to be saved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Marjulius