IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #1

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a mother of an 8 year old girl and I work with children/adolescents with complicated custody issues. I have a few thoughts (all strictly my opinion, of course):

1- If there have been custodial issues in the past, I would not be surprised if the adults (mom/grandma) are now fudging the truth of how frequently the girls go out of sight and for how long. (From their perspective, they are under the microscope and if the girls are recovered future custody could be at stake.)

2- To those earlier in the thread talking about how only 2 hours before reporting to police seemed fast/suspect I could not disagree more. I live in a small town & my 8 y/o loves to ride her bike, but she & her siblings stay within eyesight. An adult always goes with them on long rides. If I couldn't find them within 5 minutes I would call 911 without reservation. Please remember that 8 & 10 year olds are in elementary school in 2012. This is not 1950 & these aren't teenagers.

3- I agree that the lake scenario (1 went in and as she struggled other tried to help and was taken under) is most likely, but cannot imagine shoes not being removed. Any ideas on scenarios where kids would voluntarily swim in flip flops and high tops?

4- Was it ever confirmed that bag/phone were on other side of fence? (Apologies in advance if I missed that)

I woke up early today and turned on KWQC here in the quad cities and the news story was about Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook and what struck me as odd was one of the mothers, cannot remember which one, was speaking to the media and she did not seem upset at all, very disturbing since not only is her daughter missing but her neice also. I'm not making any suggestions, just saying I'm bothered by the lack of emotion shown by one of the girls mother. She was smiling and just seemed like she didn't have a care in the world. I tried to find the video but all I could find was the article.
http://www.kwqc.com/story/19031660/hundreds-search-for-missing-iowa-girls

Katie and Kristen Lisk. 15 and 12. After school, before 4pm. From their front porch. Spotsylvania County, Virginia, 2002. Case is solved: Killer was apparently Marc Evonitz.

They Lyon sisters. The springfeild 3 . Laura and Ashley bible from OK.

I KNOW there are more. These are just off the top of my head . Pairs of people are also the victim of foul intentions. It might seems strange because it involves more of a risk but there are scarey risky people out there who sometimes even end up with luck on their side for whatever reason.

All above cases are unsolved.

Someone always questions the demeanor of the parents in public appeals. Than we wonder why some parents choose not to appear in public at all. The parents of these girls have not been mentioned at all by LE so it is not ok to sleuth them. They are victims here too.

Katie and Kristen Lisk. 14 and 11. After school, before 4pm. From their front porch. Virginia, 2002

Ok I must be losing it because that happened really close to me.

I have visited theie gravesite. . The plague at their old school. I even saw PL at a veiwing in may for a mutal family friend.

Wow I cant even believe I didnt include that.

Thank you. That was a horrible crime and it does show that random is a very real threat.

The Lisk girls were abducted from their front porch by a completely random guy trolling for girls to abduct. He drove a car ,not a truck used a weapon to gain control. It was a horrible ordeal here and so very sad.

Could it be possible that they might have gone out of the hole in the fence and crossed the hwy?

The banks have surveillance cameras, ATMs, car dealerships, apartment complexes. Do they have a Wal-Mart or a Kohl's? < (Those two have cameras)A shopping mall? A parking garage? A hospital or a medical complex? Urgentcare? A nursing home? The list goes on. The town doesn't need to have any, and there's probably a hundred cameras privately (as opposed to government) owned, including some home owners.

One of the locals who has been posting here has said there is very little surveillance footage available. it is a small town without many cameras. And apparently none out in that area.

Hey, don't beat yourself up over it, it's not worth it. You did great.
I just looked on my computer, that guy that killed the Lisk sisters? It has an amazing article on him, Richard Marc Evonitz. The guy STALKED them. He knew their routine. He apparently stalked Sofia Silva. The girls never made it in the door from their bus stops. He stalked his victims, but when the last one didn't follow her usual routine, he went for plan B. What an amazing girl! The guy had her handcuffed to the headboard of the bed, and she unscrewed a piece of the headboard and escaped. Excellent, Kara.That drew him to the attention of the police.

Ok I must be losing it because that happened really close to me.

I have visited theie gravesite. . The plague at their old school. I even saw PL at a veiwing in may for a mutal family friend.

Wow I cant even believe I didnt include that.

Thank you. That was a horrible crime and it does show that random is a very real threat.

The Lisk girls were abducted from their front porch by a completely random guy trolling for girls to abduct. He drove a car ,not a truck used a weapon to gain control. It was a horrible ordeal here and so very sad.

I woke up early today and turned on KWQC here in the quad cities and the news story was about Elizabeth Collins and Lyric Cook and what struck me as odd was one of the mothers, cannot remember which one, was speaking to the media and she did not seem upset at all, very disturbing since not only is her daughter missing but her neice also. I'm not making any suggestions, just saying I'm bothered by the lack of emotion shown by one of the girls mother. She was smiling and just seemed like she didn't have a care in the world. I tried to find the video but all I could find was the article.
http://www.kwqc.com/story/19031660/hundreds-search-for-missing-iowa-girls

It's on the KWWL website- and I totally see what you mean... not even remotely panicked or shocked. Just :moo:

When I first read the story of the disappearance, I assume Meyers Lake was some remote fishing lake, but if you Google it, the lake appears to have a paved trail around it, and the area seems built-up, not at all isolated. It seems a friendly, trustworthy area for kids of their ages to ride their bikes.

It's on the KWWL website- and I totally see what you mean... not even remotely panicked or shocked. Just :moo:

She could be in a state of shock as well....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Moms affect disturbing to say the least. No Grief; no Sadness, speaks clearly; smiles often.
I'd like to have someone verify they actually saw these girls at that lake. Someone needs to physically place them there for me.....

Mom's affect actually seems normal to me. Some people handle stress by focusing on what can be done. She seems to have a lot of faith in God and is concentrating all her efforts on finding these girls. I think some people in such situations go into almost a weird state of hyper focus and as long as they keep moving and keep acting the bad emotions don't catch up to them. I suspect she'll sit down at some point and everything will wash over her, all the bad emotions. Right now, though, I think she can't even conceive of the fact that they will not be found safe.

Looking at the maps closer, it looks like their bikes were found near the possible dock? on the map. Can any locals confirm if this is a dock or it may be a bunch of white rock that people could fish off of? Is it possible the girls had dumped their bikes, then ventured over to this area and were approached by a perp? Fell in? If they were approached by someone who lead them off, to me it would seem most likely that the person would lead them out the side of the trail into the neighborhood. Or the perp could have took them thru the woods to a vehicle/home on Arbutus Ave and gone virtually undetected.

There's no dock there. It's fenced to the lake and higway side. It's a drainage area. It's the only place I would think that no one would enter the lake. Why not just walk down ten more feet and go in without fence and what not.

The perp could have noticed one was carrying a bag and tossed it away, landing over the fence.

THIS IS WHAT I THINK COULD HAVE HAPPENED **SPECULATION ONLY**

They come in contact with the perp who tells them he needs help/is hurt/lost a pet/who the heck knows. We know that scared kids can and will follow willingly if they have been threatened. I think they were already off their bikes, he told them to leave their bikes. Noticed one had the bag, tossed it away (or made one of them toss it). Down the path and thru the woods makes the most sense to me. Could be done in a matter of minutes with nobody seeing a thing vs attempting something from a busy construction laden highway with many more potential witnesses and a fence to scale.

That isn't thought also. From arbutus to where their bikes were found is the only part of the trail that is sheilded by trees.

Well Lyric does have a FB account.
Any custody issues?

They haven't said but lyrics dad was participating in the search this weekend.

I haven't read the entire thread (just on page 8!) so this might have already been mentioned. But I looked at Elizabeth's moms FB account. I don't know why but it strikes me as very odd the mom has very few pictures of her daughter, in fact the picture in her profile is one from 2011 (one the media is using as well). Her timeline cover photo isn't a missing person flyer either (maybe I am being picky, but as a mom to two...if one was missing every place I could post on my FB would be about my kids being missing).

I looked through her photo albums as well and very few photos were of Elizabeth (and she had a LOT of albums...of random stuff...other siblings but very few of E, except at holidays mostly). I don't say this because I think the mom is involved, I say this because maybe she did actually live with the grandmother? I think if they did live with her, they should say why...

I don't know why but this case really interests me, possibly because it seems so unlikely two girls would go missing at once. Some one had to have taken them, and my gut says with so many SO's (two in very close distance that were assaulted children) in the area...who is to say they were not in contact with each other, or worse working together?

Maybe the girls did live with their grandmother, making them easier targets (to take as a pair) as they were playing together often (even if they didn't live together, it's been stated they did play together often). Maybe they were being stalked.

I highly doubt they were lured away via the internet, I looked at their profiles on FB (well Lyric's btw that profile picture is not here, it's Selena Gomez) she had few friends. Most were her age, not to say that the abductor would be on FB (but then again, in order to gain enough trust you would think they would be. Because the first place a tween girl would want to add a new friend is FB. I looked at Lyric's 60+ friends, they were established profiles from around her, family or school friends mostly. Some I couldn't get much info on, but almost all had a lot of friends (local), making me believe they were legit profiles).

I hope these girls are found soon, but the longer this plays out the more I feel it will not be ending we are all praying for.

I cannot speak to lyrics living arrangements but elizabeth lives with both her mother and father. Always has. I presume her mother has spent very little if any time of Facebook in the last few days and wouldn't think it was odd that she hasn't posted any dissing info or pictures.

I wonder if they left on someone's boat? Is boating allowed?

You could take a small fishing boat in there from the dock at the park but it's ot a common sight.

Also find it interesting they disappeared on Friday the 13th. Coincidence??

Also it seems Elizabeth Collin's mom has a FB friend (MWW-drummer)from bleedchain - brutual metal band and that friend is active on the FB page and jokingly says he said a prayer when he was getting a massage. May be he is a good friend but his acquaintances might not be.

MWW has been active in helping and as someone I have personally met, I have always perceived as a sincere guy with a normal life, family, and job that just happens to like heavy metal. I can't imagine he would joke about it as he is also active on the facebook info page. You never really know about anyone though but I wanted to offer some insight.

The banks have surveillance cameras, ATMs, car dealerships, apartment complexes. Do they have a Wal-Mart or a Kohl's? < (Those two have cameras)A shopping mall? A parking garage? A hospital or a medical complex? Urgentcare? A nursing home? The list goes on. The town doesn't need to have any, and there's probably a hundred cameras privately (as opposed to government) owned, including some home owners.

This town contains a small grocery store, the bank, a few gas stations, a doctors office, laundry mat, ledermans store, dollar general, and a few other small businesses. We're only a few miles from a large city and travel there for most everything. Crime is low and most of us have blindly thought this stuff doesn't happen here.

Search fails to turn up missing Iowa girls; 'It's like they vanished,' official says

"It's like they vanished," Richard Abben of the Black Hawk County Sheriff's Office told CNN affiliate KWWL. "There's just nothing."

The search for the girls remains a missing persons case.

"We have no indication of foul play," Abben said.

Abben said there was nothing to indicate problems with "custodial issues."

"We've talked with the parents and they've been cooperative," he told CNN affiliate KGAN.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/07/16/us/iowa-missing-cousins/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

I wanted to also add, Zoosk could very well piggy backed on an app she added. A lot of FB apps do that. I have it happen to me a lot when I let apps (like stupid ones like what will your babies look like or how will you die) post as me on my FB (to make status updates and post results to my wall). Its easy to miss click and add something you don't mean too.

Just a thought.

I read in an earlier thread the Zoosk profile was her picture and name but the profile read 38 year old divorced female .. Sorry I dont have the link I will go back in the threads when I have a moment

Moms affect disturbing to say the least. No Grief; no Sadness, speaks clearly; smiles often.
I'd like to have someone verify they actually saw these girls at that lake. Someone needs to physically place them there for me.....

I wonder if parents are being medicated? I can't imagine getting through each day without something for the anxiety that goes with what they are dealing with.

Here's the latest article
http://wcfcourier.com/news/local/up...cle_18411a90-cd32-11e1-a656-0019bb2963f4.html

It clarifies the purse was found on the lake side of the fence.

Search today is limited to LE. They have suspended volunteer search until further notice :(

It really bothers me when they talk in the news about it remaining a missing persons case since there has been no indication of foul play or an abduction.

I think everything leads me to think they were taken, especially after dredging the lake and searching all the wooded areas in town. They didn't drown and the odds are good that they didn't get lost. Where else could they be nearly 3 days later?

I am getting somewhat confused by everything in this forum that appears to be hearsay and isn't linked. Where did anyone ever say the girls had asked to go swimming and were told no, or that the grandmother told police that they should look for the girls at the lake? I have not seen any type of link at all to suggest this but it has been mentioned numerous times.

I also don't see where the bikes being found at the lake within a half hour to an hour of the call coming in is unusual, this is not a big town and I would think that the first places LE would look would be general areas where kids congregate, etc. They wouldn't have started in door to door searches right from the start, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sumzoe24