Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Question -
Where was Heather while Grandma was watching the girls that morning? Her appointment was later that afternoon, right? Or was it around 11:30 when the girls left to bike ride? It's all blurring together for me.

I'd like to see a timeline of all the family members, set up like this:

Misty:
8:30 - 1:30 -- at work at Casey's
2:00 -- arrived at Collins house
2:30 -- left to search for girls

Tammy:
morning -- ??
1:30 -- Picked up in Waterloo by WC for unknown appointment
2:30 -- Searching for girls in Evansdale

I don't know if those times or facts are correct -- but I'd like to try to lay it out that way to see the timeline from a different perspective. It should be based on times they have reported themselves in the MSM.

Thoughts?

There are so many versions to this, which one and which person's do you you want to lay out?

local news story;

MANHATTAN (CN) - Three women claim a cookbook writer from upstate New York hired them as au pairs, then sexually enslaved them.
Joseph Yannai, a cookbook author from Pound Ridge, N.Y., was convicted in June 2011 of forced labor, coercion, enticement and other charges related to sexual abuse.
This week his three victims - from Brazil, Hungary and France - sued Yannai and his wife, Elena Fusillo, seeking damages for slavery, sex trafficking and other charges, in Federal Court.
The complaint states: "(F)rom at least 2003 to 2009, Defendants Yannai and Fusillo engaged in a scheme to coerce and fraudulently induce young women to travel to the United States from abroad to provide labor and services. Yannai also used this scheme to sexually abuse young women.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2012/01/27/43400.htm

ETA: After a federal jury convicted him, "The Daily Pound Ridge" quoted the town police chief as calling Yannai a "deviant" and "master manipulator." The chief called it "the most satisfying conviction I've had in my 29 years in law enforcement."

I am not sure the father saw that tattoo. I think it might have been the little boy who described it. And they probably did not know that was his father on the motorcyle. Who would think a motorctyclist was on a bike ride with his 5 yr old?

I'm so glad his father was riding along, I bet he is too.

Me too, I am/was so damn naive, I did NOT realize it was such a problem here. My gosh we are right in the middle of this...my girls are staying inside, no bike rides without me.

On the other hand...

Human traffickers in the US tend to rely on runaway and throwaway kids to supply their networks.

It just doesn't make a lot of sense as a business model to abduct girls who are clearly loved and treasured, whose families will kick up a huge fuss and bring unwanted attention.

I know that there have been a few cases where kids were abducted and found sold to pimps. But by far the overwhelming majority of kids who go into human trafficking in the US are kids that no one really looks for: runaways and throwaways.

The story is way different in places like Central and South America, some parts of Asia and the former USSR. In those places, abductions into human trafficking is a common way for girls (and a few boys) to disappear. But in those countries, law enforcement is barely a presence.

So while it is something to keep in mind, my personal opinion is that Elizabeth and Lyric did not get sold to a pimp. I think they were abducted by someone who acts as a lone wolf; it may be someone with a familiar face to them (such as a delivery person, store clerk, etc) or it may be a stranger.

OT -- Because someone mentioned it above, and I was unfamiliar, I just went and read about Johnny Gosch. And now I just have to say... WTF?!

Even sadder, read about Eugene Wade Martin. Disappeared relatively close to where Johnny Gosch was last seen, paperboy and (relevant to this case) the time window was only about 10 minutes.

If you're read Noreen Gosch's site, please be aware that many Iowans (including myself and Johnny's father) do not believe her claims. She did a book and there was a film made that purported to support her claims but both have been extensively debunked.

KC looks like the guy in the white van I saw at Meyers Lake. Also fits description of heavy set guy driving white van in Cedar Rapids.

Are you absolutely sure the guy was KC and not EK in the van you saw? I've been trying to remember if you found his name from the license plates or just looking at the RSO site. The 2 do look enough alike to be mistaken for each other at first glance from someone who doesn't know either of them.

Time keeps passing by and it is hard to remain positive. I just keep thinking the LE said they believe they are alive. I cling to that statement. I think this is all related to the drug situation of the parents and that lifestyle. When you check spokeno on the grandma's address, there are several people listed, one I guess is the grandpa. Someone said they thought man, woman and a grandfather type were the ones who took the girls. Do we know anything about the girls grandfather?
It seems interest is waning and it takes alot to remain positive. Every morning I come and check hoping they have come home. JMHO

Are you absolutely sure the guy was KC and not EC in the van you saw? I've been trying to remember if you found his name from the license plates or just looking at the RSO site. The 2 do look enough alike to be mistaken for each other at first glance from someone who doesn't know either of them.

Whose ec do you ek? We need a list!

EK is the guy whose number was in all of the CL ads. JM is his brother-in-law (and possibly ex-roommate, but I'm not sure).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puddy