IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #10

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12194.shtml

CEDAR RAPIDS, Iowa (KGAN/KFXA) -- Cedar Rapids Police are investigating an attempted abduction that happened on Tuesday.

Cedar Rapids Public Information Officer Cristy Hamblin says the attempted abduction happened around 5:30 pm in the 7500 block of Kirkwood Blvd SW.

Police say a 5-year-old boy was riding his bike on the sidewalk while his father rode a motorcycle behind him on the street. Hamblin says a white 1990’s Chevy Astro van pulled up next to the boy.

Police say a white male then got out of the van and grabbed the boy while a white female took the boy’s bike. The two then started pushing the boy towards the van. The father was watching from his motorcycle and started yelling at the two, and they let go of the boy..........................

Don't know if this was already posted. It also involved a child on a bike and a white van.

There were three perps working in tandum here. This has to be a *advertiser censored* or trafficking ring somewhere local, imo. Too bad the father couldn't follow at least long enough to get a plate number. Just as white Z71 Chevy trucks has been seared into my brain from MS's case in LA, my radar is on full alert for any vans now...especially white ones! It's sadly becoming a very real epidemic.

Did this happen to L & E? By someone they knew or strangers?

I just noticed that the "Missing" poster states that the girls "were last seen riding their bikes AT a nearby lake". Has it ALWAYS stated that? If so...

WHO SAW THEM or what evidence shows that they were "RIDING THEIR BIKES" THERE????????????

Another question that may or may not be related to the above question...Why did the investigation change from "missing" to "abduction" on July 20th? MOO there must be some kind of evidence, witness, camera footage or communication that indicates an abduction. I don't believe the statement that this status changed because they weren't located in the lake. Doesn't make sense!

Agreed, I have never understood how their absence at the bottom of the lake suddenly changes them from missing to abducted. I believe they were abducted but the change in terminology and status has always puzzled me. What prompted that change exactly then? very confusing.

Agreed, I have never understood how their absence at the bottom of the lake suddenly changes them from missing to abducted. I believe they were abducted but the change in terminology and status has always puzzled me. What prompted that change exactly then? very confusing.

I thouht it was because of something they found!
And i think whatever they found made them believe whomever took them didnt kill them!

Im not so sure LE ever believed they were in that lake.

They HAD to drain that lake.....
JUst to make perfectly sure

I think that once they were positive the girls were not in the lake, then 'abduction' is the only remaining option. Sure, they could have been runaways, but their age and circumstances tend to negate that/

I think that may be because kids seem to trust a woman than a man. The kids might think a woman isn't going to harm them.

Adults faulter with this also. imo

Description of suspected perps from KGAN article:

"Police say the suspects then drove south on Kirkwood Blvd SW. Police describe the white male as in his 30’s, short brown hair, about 5’8’’ and 120 pounds.

The white female was in her 20’s, with a thin build, and shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on her left hand. The third suspect who was driving the van is described as a white male, glasses and larger build. "

Sound like anybody that have been looked at here? I find it hard to believe that anyone connected to L and E abduction would be operating with all the heat on. But, I'm amazed at the daily problems happening locally...so...hmmm. MOO

Why do you say that?

I thought so too till i read where Elizabeths uncle had overdosed...

Its all very sad!

I agree -the drug use is very sad.

JC is an uncle to both Elizabeth and Lyric. In answer to your question, my impression is that HC and DC are loving parents who do the best they can for their kids. It seems unfair that the two sets of parents seem to often get lumped into the same category. Personally, I hope my ability to parent would be judged by my actions, and not the actions of my siblings or extended family. :)

jmo.

Sometimes E.visited her father at his tree cutting business
http://www.omaha.com/article/20120730/NEWS/707309958/1690
..Do these girls have a tree house/fort somewhere in the woods, have they ever tried "ziplining" between trees or other tall poles, or been scooped up by a" cherry picker/man lift/ zoomboom", for the fun of it? Hope that while lots of helpers are keeping eyes open for the girls, that some are looking upward as well as on the ground.

Don't forget the roofs of downtown bldgs or their basements.

is it the missing poster that was probably created by the family? The one that also addresses the abductor(s) directly? If the family created whichever poster you are looking at then, although LE has not added the alleged sighting of girls at the lake by unidentified witness to their timeline/last sighting, the family is taking that sighting as truth.

That would be my guess.

I don't know who generated the poster I referenced. The one from NCMEC just states "last seen riding their bikes" with no indication of location or time.

BTW...The poster I referenced also identifies a time as "2:00". It is an "official-looking" poster with same format as other missing children posters. Doesn't have any direct statements to the abductor(s).

I'm curious to know if there was a white van on that cctv video that the police were scouring. I could see two people in it that weren't on bikes... so it would make sense that the third person was waiting in a van...??

But who saw the girls take a right on River Forest road?

I saw it a few days ago on brooksh.... twitter account. Of course I don't know if it is valid.

Here's the post dated 25 July: Security camera records at 3.5 fps = girls riding 30 feet per sec., 20 mph. Fast =Turned right onto R.F. road to Casey's...

"Police say the suspects then drove south on Kirkwood Blvd SW. Police describe the white male as in his 30’s, short brown hair, about 5’8’’ and 120 pounds."

Could be our Craigslist Guy Same description IMO

"driving the van is described as a white male, glasses and larger build".

Could be his room mate (driver of van? Same description IMO
But hmm the female? Tattoo on hand?Been searching the friends of these for this one. You never know.

http://www.kgan.com/shared/newsroom/top_stories/videos/kgan_vid_12194.shtml

All these white van abductions sound like human trafficing to me. Somebody is making money on selling kids. MOO

Ok, I am going to sound really naive here, and I probably don't want to know the answer to this question, but....

Has anyone EVER seen evidence that this "human trafficking" really happens? I know it gets speculated on in every case. But has it ever been proven? Who buys kids?! How would this black market operate? How would the people who want to buy kids ever hook up with the people who want to sell kids? Where do they house them? How has no kid ever escaped and told the story of how he/she was sold into some child slave/sex ring?

It just seems like something that gets brought up because it is our worst fear. But I don't think I've ever seen proof that something like this really exists.

Ok, I am going to sound really naive here, and I probably don't want to know the answer to this question, but....

Has anyone EVER seen evidence that this "human trafficking" really happens? I know it gets speculated on in every case. But has it ever been proven? Who buys kids?! How would this black market operate? How would the people who want to buy kids ever hook up with the people who want to sell kids? Where do they house them? How has no kid ever escaped and told the story of how he/she was sold into some child slave/sex ring?

It just seems like something that gets brought up because it is our worst fear. But I don't think I've ever seen proof that something like this really exists.

Cops have busted Pedo ring houses.

"Europol said overnight police in several countries have arrested 184 alleged members of the pedophile ring and rescued 230 children since the operation began in 2007".

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/vi...ile-ring-europol/story-e6frf7lf-1226022892492

All these white van abductions sound like human trafficing to me. Somebody is making money on selling kids. MOO

These people are out "fishing" for kids. There is a very real possibility that this is what happened to L and E.

There were three perps working in tandum here. This has to be a *advertiser censored* or trafficking ring somewhere local, imo. Too bad the father couldn't follow at least long enough to get a plate number. Just as white Z71 Chevy trucks has been seared into my brain from MS's case in LA, my radar is on full alert for any vans now...especially white ones! It's sadly becoming a very real epidemic.

Did this happen to L & E? By someone they knew or strangers?

Description of suspected perps from KGAN article:

"Police say the suspects then drove south on Kirkwood Blvd SW. Police describe the white male as in his 30’s, short brown hair, about 5’8’’ and 120 pounds.

The white female was in her 20’s, with a thin build, and shoulder length brown hair and a tattoo on her left hand. The third suspect who was driving the van is described as a white male, glasses and larger build. "

Sound like anybody that have been looked at here? I find it hard to believe that anyone connected to L and E abduction would be operating with all the heat on. But, I'm amazed at the daily problems happening locally...so...hmmm. MOO

So there were THREE- and Ollipop found three cans... three people could easily abduct 2 little girls. Oh my...

Do we know anything about pedo rings? Have any been busted before?

I'm starting to see a pattern here in Iowa: vehicle pulls up (usually white van), tries to lure kids in or just outright grabs them, for whatever reason kids get away or van/perps are chased off.

I remember seeing somewhere that one guy had been caught/interviewed but he'd done nothing wrong.

Is there a ring operating?
Are they offering cash for kids?
Why so many this summer?
Why all so similar?
How many white vans could there be?
Where do they go after they fail?
Where are they staying?
Is it the same ppl going town to town, or totally different ppl each time?
Do they scout the area ahead of time?

I'm sure its a seedy world, I'm sure nobody wants to dig too deep (I remember many worrying about clicking on a CL link, for fear of tainting their browser history), but I'm starting to think that there is some kind of "bonus program" going on with some pedo ring right now. What do we know about that world? What are we willing to learn?

This latest attempt in CR really has me concerned with this theory:
Girls are pulled into a van, bikes too.
Van is quickly backed into woods (altho, risky to not be spotted, agreed).
Bikes are tossed over fence onto trail (purse is inadvertantly dropped on wrong side of fence, but TG is spotted in the distance, so perps just hustle away)
Van exits woods, heads for highway.
Girls are hidden, by the ring, in hotels and "safehouses" (unsafe houses?) until they get far away.

I know Noreen Gosch is labeled as crazy. I know much of her story has been debated and debunked. But still, she didn't just invent a huge underground pedo network. I believe it exists, and I can understand how.

For example, when I was young, I followed the Grateful Dead. We lived in a van (don't worry, it was yellow). There I learned of a whole society, living just outside of most ppl's knowledge. It was a society of essentially homeless drifters, with their own economy, etc. After I came back to Iowa, I was surprised that nobody knew anything about it. Had never heard, couldn't imagine, that at any moment there were thousands of young ppl hitching rides on trains, hiding out on public lands, etc.

Fast forward several years to a few years back. A friend and I backpacked the west coast of Mexico. Again, an entire world was exposed to us. One that we never realized existed. A world where young ppl travel the globe, well under the radar. It is common, they have their own language, their own economy, their own set of values. Yet, most ppl, at least in the US, had absolutely no idea that anything like that existed.

So a pedophile ring, operating in and among us, could be the key. We like to think we'd know, but the whole point of how these "under-societies" operate is to be outside of notice. They can be right in your town, and still be practically invisible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Susielarios