IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #11

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have not seen this picture before. Found it on fbi.gov site. I was not aware that she wore glasses. Wonder if she was wearing them that day and it should have been in the description. Also noticed that fbi.gov says that Lyric was last seen wearing a light green shirt and shorts. I had not heard clothing description before either, but maybe I missed it.

I never heard anything about her wearing glasses? Was she wearing them on the bike ride? This photo looks nothing like the photo on some of the posters with her hair pulled back and earrings! what a difference she looks in her various photos while Lizzie looks the same, just older...
I just hope people see the various photos so if she's out there they notice it is her!

That is awful. Kind of fuuny (ironic) They do that. Like my son is 24 and away at school but the last time he was here he had a t-shirt on that read "REHAB is for QUITTERS". Which I thought was funny...

Both of my older kids graduated from that program. I don't think we have any Rave's in this part of Iowa...I am not exactly sure what happens at a rave, except music and dancing.

My 20 yr old DD used to go to a lot of 'raves' for the music and dancing. She doesn't go for the drugs, although she admits that a lot of kids there are high on coke or ecstasy. But she has shown me pictures and it reminds me of the concerts I went to when I was her age, so I get it. Being outdoors with hundreds of other kids, dancing to the music... :rocker:

My son is 24 as well. Great age, huh. I love seeing them growing into adulthood now.

I never heard anything about her wearing glasses? Was she wearing them on the bike ride? This photo looks nothing like the photo on some of the posters with her hair pulled back and earrings! what a difference she looks in her various photos while Lizzie looks the same, just older...
I just hope people see the various photos so if she's out there they notice it is her!

I know. She looks older here and taller. If this is more recent, I fear that everyone is looking for the wrong girl (an earlier version of Lyric). On a side note, this picture also made even more sad than I already have been. She just so happy.

What could they be looking for now at the lake? I hope not for footprints or forensics.

I have not seen this picture before. Found it on fbi.gov site. I was not aware that she wore glasses. Wonder if she was wearing them that day and it should have been in the description. Also noticed that fbi.gov says that Lyric was last seen wearing a light green shirt and shorts. I had not heard clothing description before either, but maybe I missed it.

Lyric is a pretty girl. This looks like a very recent picture, too. I wonder if she was wearing that pink watch when she went missing? Knowing that she and Grandma needed to leave at a certain time, it seems like she might have needed a watch.

What could they be looking for now at the lake? I hope not for footprints or forensics.
I've been wondering and I don't think I've seen a mention. Is the lake still drained?

Gee, what evidence could still be there? Unless they think he came back.

I wish they had taped off the lake area at the beginning instead of letting people walk everywhere. I'm afraid that something of value may have been there but is gone forever. We'll never know.

I had a question regarding this pump and the lake the other day. If anyone had the answer, I missed it so I'll ask again. Who takes care of the pump? Is the city workers or is the work contracted out with a local company?

:bump:

I'm bumping myself to see if anyone today has an answer to the question about the pumphouse at Meyer's Lake. Whoever takes care of it would know about the old "road" back there.

My 20 yr old DD used to go to a lot of 'raves' for the music and dancing. She doesn't go for the drugs, although she admits that a lot of kids there are high on coke or ecstasy. But she has shown me pictures and it reminds me of the concerts I went to when I was her age, so I get it. Being outdoors with hundreds of other kids, dancing to the music... :rocker:

My son is 24 as well. Great age, huh. I love seeing them growing into adulthood now.

Oh me too, I have a full range 24, 20, 10, and 8. We never " planned" to have a third, but didn't prevent either, so when she came along we were very blessed, and very tired too!! My fourth was planned so my third would have a sibling close to her age, instead of 10 or 14 years difference.

We will be the ones her class mates will ask are those your g.parents, lol. Oh well, we are blessed, and all is good... Now if we could just find these girls, they remind me so much of my girls because they are the same ages....

:bump:

I'm bumping myself to see if anyone today has an answer to the question about the pumphouse at Meyer's Lake. Whoever takes care of it would know about the old "road" back there.

In Iowa the DNR takes care of the lakes ands all bodies of water. The Corps of Engineers takes care of the river, please correct me if I am mistaken. Hope that helps!

I wish they had taped off the lake area at the beginning instead of letting people walk everywhere. I'm afraid that something of value may have been there but is gone forever. We'll never know.

I hope they didn't overlook something or make a mistake because they went through everything so fast! If I were one of the parents, I would have asked how in the world did they thoroughly check 200+ RSO's that fast !??

Brings back J. Lundsford... :(
One more thing, did they check all the campgrounds/campers out as well? I wonder....

From Twitter:

@KCRG
The FBI tells KCRG investigators returned to Meyers Lake last night & this morning following up on lead in #evansdalesearch

‏@KCRG
FBI on return to Meyers Lake: "No positive results" #evansdalesearch

From Twitter:

@KCRG
The FBI tells KCRG investigators returned to Meyers Lake last night & this morning following up on lead in #evansdalesearch

‏@KCRG
FBI on return to Meyers Lake: "No positive results" #evansdalesearch

Wonder what NO POSITIVE RESULTS means??? :what:

Oh no, great place to dump soething since the lake was drained & searched. I once read a criinal always goe back to the scene. Like scott pteron watched the bay. Maybe someone has been scene at the lake allot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member