IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #13

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well looking at this map, there is no way, if the cctv (Cornbelt Auctions) captured the girls on their bikes at 12:19 p.m. that TG saw the bikes at the trail at approx. 12:20 p.m. Those bikes must have been someone elses. (Adjusted time due to CA's cctv being 8 minutes slow).

Question for Ollipop: How many washrooms are scattered throughout the park. TIA

imo

What would it do to the timeline if Mr. Pahl meant the CCTV was 8 minutes FAST instead of slow? Just brainstorming.

If I were a kid, I would cut across the grass to the path instead of going all the way down Arbutus to the path.

I agree. I think they would have come down Lake Ave and then cut thru the grassy area.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

If the dog ran into the woods, did it run from the purse to the woods, or did it run down the trail to the end of the double fenced area, then turn back west and go into the woods?

If the girls rode their bikes down the trail, why didn't the dog track the girls down the trail and back home? Have the dogs been used to track the girls from the Collins home? That would make more sense to me as it would hopefully answer the question of whether the girls rode their bikes to the lake or were intercepted somewhere in the area near their home. The only thing that is confirmed by the dogs is that things belonging to the girls (purse, bikes) were at the lake - which doesn't get anyone further ahead than they would be by simply looking at the purse and the bikes.
Great thoughts!

What would it do to the timeline if Mr. Pahl meant the CCTV was 8 minutes FAST instead of slow? Just brainstorming.

It would work much much better imo.

(not quoting FB) but there is a new photo of Elizabeth with glasses as well! First MNDad found a photo of Lyric on the FBI site with glasses and now a photo of Lizzy with glasses! Did they have them on that day?

I'm surprised that info has not been released...

We do know that the police have listed Lyric's official height on the Iowa missing persons website as 5'11". Perhaps they are impeccably professional in all other aspects of their work.

I would think this is a typo by administrative staff, but who the hello is the proof reader.

Hopefully, this has been corrected by now!

imo

Last night I was looking at the possibility that the girls regularly traveled to the lake and back ... this is one possible route

evandalestreetshome_trailloop.jpg

Do we know which way the bikes were facing? It would be interesting to know if they had done a "loop" of the lake on bikes and were on their way home. Maybe they did this often. I used to have "rides" I would go on. Maybe, someone had been watching their daily or weekly rides. Kids like routines. Kids like to break their "time records". Maybe if they had been asked, did you go to the lake by family, it would not really be a lie to say no, if they were just doing a loop...Also...was the river near the house ever searched? I still wonder if the bikes were planted there. If I understand correctly, many people were at the scene helping search A perp could have easily tracked the girls scent around on purpose of not by "assisting" with the search.

I would think this is a typo by administrative staff, but who the hello is the proof reader.

imo

I think she is 5'2 or so. Many threads ago someone mentioned she was the biggest girl, tall and heaviest in the lower grades at the school. I think that is a typo as well.

imo

I hope that someone local has made the call ... as of now, she's still 5'11.

I have always wondered which way the bikes were facing. I think that would be a huge clue to which way they had come from.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1344476854942.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1344476854942.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 41
Didn't Elizabeth recently get a new dog?

I hope the law checked out who they got it from.

I agree. It could have been someone even picking out another puppy at the same time. It would be so easy for someone who knew she had a puppy to use that as a manipulative tool. Come see my puppy or even your puppy is sick, I am here to pick you up. She would recognize the person from the "puppy place" and being a child would assume that was a safe person and not put that person in a stranger danger catagory.

Yes.

There are moments like these when you look at that little face and it hits you all over again. The glasses are important. These little faces are important. We need them front and center everywhere! That smile is full of motivation for someone to do the right thing.

No, the dogs followed her scent for a ways down the interstate, but then they and their handlers were driven by LE to the bay, which was 90 miles from Modesto. They picked up her scent again at the dock.
It's possible that they still would have followed her scent if they were on foot, but they were transported by a vehicle, so the handlers had no way of knowing for sure. Scott had told them where he launched the boat, so they knew where to go. Not because of the dogs.

I tried to delete my post but couldn't. I suppose too much time has passed since I posted it.
I will no longer post about scent dogs, you seem to be the
smarter one.

OMG Otto, thats why I say maybe the house thats empty and for sale is a part of this. Who owns that house? Name?

I was wondering that a thread or two back. It may not be the owner of the house, but, if the house is in the MLS...many people have access to it. Real estate agents, people pretending to want to see the house, etc. It could be a good staging point for an abduction, especially if taking a bike ride around the lake was a rountine things the girls did.

Does anyone know if the road crew poured new concrete the evening of the 13th? I read that and got a disturbing thought. Did they pour cement or were they laying down new asphalt? Anyone know?

I agree. It could have been someone even picking out another puppy at the same time. It would be so easy for someone who knew she had a puppy to use that as a manipulative tool. Come see my puppy or even your puppy is sick, I am here to pick you up. She would recognize the person from the "puppy place" and being a child would assume that was a safe person and not put that person in a stranger danger catagory.

I watched an interview with HC and DC and they said they went to Kansas to buy the dog. Sorry, no link.

I don't think they would have necessarily known about the previous incident enough to take that in to account but rather this...parents call the police to locate kids who haven't come home on time all the time (read the scanner threads you'll see it happens daily). Most of the time it is because a kid lost track of time, wandered to a different location than where they were supposed to be, or a kid was simply being rebellious. But they find those kids (usually). I think that LE initially treated the call the way they start off handling those calls with the expectation that it will likely end up with the usual happy reunion. How often do you think they've had an actual abduction in Evansdale?

None that I can find.

I think it's possible that you are correct.

The way it was originally presented, that LE was not interested due to the previous time Lyric was late, just didn't seem likely to me (still doesn't). Initial LE response was quite vigorous (they turned out the volunteer fire department to help, etc).

But it is very true, there are way more children reported missing than actually disappear. The vast majority of missing children are found within an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme