IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #13

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The link on the OP needs updated to #6 for the scanner thread.

I need to be more clear at what I am trying to say. Which is nothing against the family. What I am trying to say is, Lyric was living with the Collins and when Misty was released she was sent to Grandma. I just wonder why.

I believe Misty lived with Grandma, so Lyric might've gone home to her Mom when she was released, and at the time home was Grandma's house (with Misty).

It's getting so hard to find these older articles! I'll see if I can find more info.

Wanted to add: the archive here is really, really helpfu! I wish you could search it for specific articles by keyword. Or maybe you can and I haven't figured out how yet.

If they had been caring for her like one of their own children for all that time it makes no sense. I don't understand.

I need to go back and try to find out if Lyric went to Grandma when Misty was released or when Heather began having health problems.

I keep wondering if someone had been stalking them. And the lunch time hour 12-1 makes me wonder abt a perp on their lunch hour.

I think this time of day is one of the reasons there may not have been as many people walking the trail. I usually walk at a cooler time of day. The only challenge here is what to do with the girls when the perp(s) must return to work at 1.
I think there was a case (in FL) of a man who had a box built into a van that he used for kidnapping rape victims. He kept them in the box for several hours until he released them. A young girl gave such a detailed description of him and his van that LE didn't believe her at first, too many details. But eventually he was caught and prosecuted. He tried to use work as an alibi. Her detailed eye-witness testimony of the inside of his van and her DNA in the van did him in.

I keep wondering if someone had been stalking them. And the lunch time hour 12-1 makes me wonder abt a perp on their lunch hour.

I've thought the same thing about the lunch hour. If someone knew the girls would be there, he could have abducted them, taken them to a nearby place (vacant house?), tied up/incapacitated them, returned to work and gone about his everyday business. After work he would be free to do whatever his evil mind wanted to do. JMO, and subject to change!

I've thought the same thing about the lunch hour. If someone knew the girls would be there, he could have abducted them, taken them to a nearby place (vacant house?), tied up/incapacitated them, returned to work and gone about his everyday business. After work he would be free to do whatever his evil mind wanted to do. JMO, and subject to change!

And I believe that is one of the main ways that an RSO is checked out by LE during a case like this. If they can say they were at work and their boss verifies it, they are checked off.

I wonder if they ever check their cell phones or GPS's too?

ETA: A lot of RSO's have jobs that might allow them to be late back from lunch or even slip away from work unnoticed for awhile. If they work in the stock room or do janitorial work or do handyman tasks they can go unnoticed for a bit.

I had to pick up my son from his dad's today, and I stopped by the lake so I could get a first hand view of the lay of the land. IMHO, the bikes could have easily been staged at that location. I saw the grassy area near the trail, and a truck or car could easily pull up, drop off two bikes and never be noticed.

The sound from the highway was very evident, although I do think if there was loud screaming, it could have been heard, IF there was someone there to hear it.

After seeing the location where the bikes were found, I find it odd if the two girls decided that's where they would leave them and run off into the woods or go to the lake. It really is the only creepy area on the trail. It's covered with a canopy of trees and CAN NOT be seen from the other side of the lake.

This seems like a location that only someone with a familiarity with the area would know about. Where the bikes were left was the perfect location if a perp wanted to throw off the investigation. The bikes couldn't be seen from the opposite side of the lake, nor from the road, not even from the grassy area. You had to go onto the trail a bit to the area. It's either a very remarkable coincedence, or they were staged. You really have to see it to understand what I mean.

If the girls made it to the lake, I do think they might have decided to ride around the lake, maybe even get off their bikes and go to the shoreline, but the area where the bikes were found just seems like it would be the last place in the world two young girls would get off and leave their bikes. It's possible they ran into someone on the trail in that creepy area, but them choosing that spot on their own seems unlikely to me.

I'm going to look at some maps, and BBL. Of course all of this is MOO.

I need to go back and try to find out if Lyric went to Grandma when Misty was released or when Heather began having health problems.

I really don't understand what difference it makes with the abduction. I believe it was several years ago.

If they were going to play hunger games in the woods, why leave their bikes the length of an entire football field away on the trail? Why not just leave them at the end of the fence, or wherever else they entered the woods?

I don't know. Because they are kids? Because nothing is planned when you are just messing' around?

I don't know. Because they are kids? Because nothing is planned when you ate just messing' around?

The only thing that would make me believe they left their bikes right there themselves was if they were going to go through that gate. And I think that would be more likely if there was a 'friend' beckoning them from inside that area. Maybe on a boat or with a fishing pole.

Here is the Bing map of the same area

bingmeyers.jpg

It's possible they ran into someone on the trail in that creepy area, but them choosing that spot on their own seems unlikely to me.

If this is what happened, could the girls have been forced to walk from the gate where the gravel jetty and the drain pipe are to Maiden Lane (going along on the lake side of the fence) without being seen?

If this is what happened, could the girls have been forced to walk from the gate where the gravel jetty and the drain pipe are to Maiden Lane (going along on the lake side of the fence) without being seen?

IMO, yes.

IIRC it was 2007.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member