IA IA - Elizabeth Collins, 8, & Lyric Cook, 10, Evansdale, 13 July 2012 - #14

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In the picture where the gate is and where the drainage pipe is, weren't there police cars parked all up and down what I believed to be the bike path? Please, no darts! I have a problem with directions too.

You're right. They are not normally allowed, but there is room.

BBM

My google skills must be slipping. I didn't find him on the WCF site but thought I found him as a salesman. Anyway, I agree it doesn't matter and I'll take your word for it. Thanks.

No, your Google skills are fine, and thank you for using them. I used "IIRC" when I posted about Mr. Ceilly's occupation. Obviously I did not recall correctly:blushing:

I feel like this perp is on tape someplace in the area, whether its a gas station or little store. I hope when they view tapes, they make notes of all visible tags.

Sorry, didn't think I was. Someone was curious to know if he had a connection to MSM. Note I didn't include the company just his occupation.

I really don't know what we can sleuth, I get confused sometimes.:fence:

cinder, Jax was answering a question for me. Craig has been mentioned in MSM, and I remembered his profession was given, but didn't remember exactly what it was. If he had been a reporter, especially one working for a paper that is so actively reporting on the case.. struck me as a little conflicting.

Im sorry:blushing:

Please remember the following when discussing the case:
Websleuths is a moderated forum. We strive to discuss cases in a friendly environment.

Things to know before you post:
Leave the snark -- and the rumors --at the door.
Treat other posters with respect.
Do not sleuth individuals who have not been mentioned in MSM either as persons of interest or as suspects by LE.
Choose the links you post wisely; don't link to sites which feature bizarre speculation, etc.
If you have questions or concerns about a post, alert on that post and contact a mod. Do not quote and/or reply to the post. If you do, and the post is subsequently deleted, your post is subject to deletion, as well.
If you have other questions in general, scroll to the bottom of the page and find "View forum leaders." There you will find a list of moderators available if you need to PM one.
Remember: you can disagree with a post and address it, but you do NOT attack the poster.

No one has been named by LE or MSM as a POI or suspect in this case.
The parents, whatever you may personally think about them, have not been named.
That means that they, and their families, their neighbors, and their friends and "associates," are not to be sleuthed or badmouthed.

BBM to answer questions regarding who we can sleuth.

In the picture where the gate is and where the drainage pipe is, weren't there police cars parked all up and down what I believed to be the bike path? Please, no darts! I have a problem with directions too.

No darts. :) Yes, but I think that was an exception in the girl's case. Someone previously in another thread posted the rules of the park/lake and that was one. I'm sure they allow lawnmowers and other motorized vehicles (Gators, atvs) when doing maintence as well. If you really want a link, I will find it.

The money should go to the families, they lost their children and the community has come together with funds. That is a wonderful thing to do.

He was called (at his mother's house) and told that she was missing, and he suggested calling the police. He has been living at his mother's house, and there's been nothing that states that he was at WC's house when Lyric got upset about him reprrimanding her for not doing her chores.

Yeah, I heard that, but alot of things have been said and later different. The day she ran away, days before, he got onto her about her chores at Grandma's and Grandma consoled her. She was upset enough to run away, so I assume he was there that day to get onto her. He was later that day when she returned, he said he was next to Misty when Lyric walked up.

I am finding it odd too that no other bikers or joggers came upon the bikes that afternoon. Seems like the place is void of people on friday afternoon.

The devil is in the cctv camera...pesky little thing.

The thing that gets me is that the FBI did not confirm the grandmother's time to have last seen the girls until the cctv video with the time stamp was released. Or at least that's what I read! Timeline Confirmed! Not blaming the grandmother. I just don't think she could pinpoint accurately enough for the LE/FBI for them to say the girls were last seen @ whatever time. She probably didn't remember watching a certain show at that time or give something that could solidly back up her timeline until the cctv. It was not until the cctv video was released that the status on the girls changed from missing to abducted.

Yeah, I heard that, but alot of things have been said and later different. The day she ran away, days before, he got onto her about her chores at Grandma's and Grandma consoled her. She was upset enough to run away, so I assume he was there that day to get onto her. He was later that day when she returned, he said he was next to Misty when Lyric walked up.

She never ran away, she threatened to and her grandmother stopped her. When she was late that day, he was waiting for his mother (who left work because of her being missing) to pick him up when he got a call saying she was home. Misty said she got home just as she was calling the police. Nowhere (except maybe in the rumor mills!:)) has it been stated that he was next to Misty when Lyric got home.

No darts. :) Yes, but I think that was an exception in the girl's case. Someone previously in another thread posted the rules of the park/lake and that was one. I'm sure they allow lawnmowers and other motorized vehicles (Gators, atvs) when doing maintence as well. If you really want a link, I will find it.

No link needed. I believe you. Thank you! I believe I remember seeing the post with the rules too. Just wanted to make sure I knew that what I was thinking was the bike path was the bike path. And though no cars are supposed to go down, it doesn't mean someone did not break the rules and grab the girls.

You're right. They are not normally allowed, but there is room.

I am pretty sure that all bike trails are required to be wide enough to allow for emergency vehicles in case of accidents.

Wylma Cook on Wednesday confirmed that Lyric had tried to run away from home several days before the cousins were reported missing. She said Lyric packed a bag after her father got mad at her for not completing her chores.

"She headed for the door, and I grabbed her," Cook said. "She dropped the backpack and I hugged and kissed her and I said it'll be OK."

http://www.ksdk.com/news/article/328855/3/Search-for-missing-Iowa-girls-causes-tensions-to-rise

I wonder if Dad got mad at her over the phone, instead of in person?

I really don't know what we can sleuth, I get confused sometimes.:fence:

I don't think there is much we can sleuth. I'm going to take a break from following this board.

OT - anyone want some brownies? A batch just came out of the oven!

I am finding it odd too that no other bikers or joggers came upon the bikes that afternoon. Seems like the place is void of people on friday afternoon.

I can't imagine anyone wanting to bike at that time of day, unless the trail is shady and could be a little cooler with a breeze blowing off the water. Apparently that was his time to ride though, because he did not even know the girls were missing when he came back to ride again the very next day at about the same time he said he had ridden the previous day. I believe him. I don't believe whomever took the girls would come back the very next day. Here in Texas, heaven forbid! Biking at noon, I would have a heat stroke! 100 degree weather, hot and humid! Early, early morning or late evening is the time to walk for me. Kids on a bike exploring, now that's a different story!

While I am thinking about the video of the bike ride did should puddles in the businesses parking lot so their tires had to pick up debrie if they rode on a grass/dirt path.

I'd like to hear from a local.

Records indicate that there was only a couple hundredths of an inch of rain over Waterloo that morning. I wouldn't think it would be enough to leave puddle or even to leave dirt significantly damp, given the dry conditions this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
birdistheword14